Can Hepatitis B be transmitted to or from animals?
Hi!

I have a question about Hepatitis B: can it be transmitted to animals (especially pigs) and then back to people?

I know it can be transmitted through body fluids, like saliva, so after lunch, leftovers could theoretically be infected. The question is, can a pig also get infected by eating those leftovers?

And more, when it is the time for the pig to be eaten, can it transmit the disease to other people (like those in the slaughterhouse, or those consuming the pork)?

Thank you!

Bogdan.
Not sure.
I guess true to some animals but not all. Like Malaria and dengue could be transmitted by mosquitoes but not through pigs.

Case like HIV to mosquitoes then to human: not possible, depends on the adaption of virus towards every specie

Its not conclusive still, we know that virus evolve perhaps near future but I hoping it would not.

We are really not that knowledgeable enough to fathom the science of viruses still. And in Hepa B, there are no total cure for it now.