Hepatitis B Community
Can I donate blood or can make sexual relation if i had hepatitis B in ...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Can I donate blood or can make sexual relation if i had hepatitis B in past.

Hello All!
Hope you all are doing good.

I was in the grip of Hepatitis B 2 years ago along with Jaundice. But after six months medication i had got rid of this virus. So my question is Can i make Sex or can donate blood in future.

Hope you all will reply soon.

Thanks-
Ashutosh Mishra
Please refer to my first answer. If your hbvdna is undetectable, then you cannot infect your sexual partner. If your HBsAg is negative, I expect your hbvdna to be undetectable.

Please be aware, there is a very effective vaccine against Hepatitis B.
Glad to hear that you had made a recovery from your episode of acute (I assume) Hepatitis B. Provided that you are HBsAg negative and hbvdna undetectable, you should not be infectious at all.
As to blood donation, I am not sure about the answer. For persons who resolved their Hepatitis B infection, most of them will test HBcAb positive. Whether this precludes them from donating blood, I think may vary from country to country. Some blood donation centres now use nucleic acid test to test for the presence of hbvdna before accepting the donated blood.
OK, So i have to test now for HBcAb. What value it should have after result for proving that i am totally fit and fit to donate blood? My HbsAg is (-)ve this time but i didn't check for hbvdna. What is this can you tell me?
I expect your HBcAb will test positive (that is your anti-HBc is positive). This is the marker for people with current and resolved Hepatitis B.

I also expect your hbvdna will be undetectable. In the very rare case of occult Hepatitis B, HBsAg will be negative but hbvdna will be detectable. Infectivity depends on hbvdna, as the surface antigen (HBsAg) is just a protein and not infectious, but it is usually negative when hbvdna is undetectable.

Just my opinion.
If hbvdna results positive while HBsAg is (-) ve. May i suffer with Hepatitis B in future ? Or I can say i am not totally fit ?
I think you are worrying unnecessary.
IF, your HbeSag is negative, but your hbvdna is detectable, then you have occult hepatitis b. The virus has mutated to a form that does not produce HBsAg. Not much is known about the prognoses of occult hepatitis b, but I believe it is not as severe as the standard type.
Just my opinion.
Ok @StephenCastlecrag  I think you are great to answer tell me one more thing. If i made sexual relation to girl would she be affected from this virus? Any chances?

@Stephen- Thanks a lot for your remarkable information. I am very happy to talk to you.

Thanks-
Ashutosh Mishra
I was diagnosed with HbsAg positive in 2004. Below is the result of the lab test performed on 21st October 2013. I must admit that,  I haven't have had any symptoms with regards to HbsAg in recent time. Everything seems to be normal except the result stated below.......

Is it the sign of recovery or is there a need for some medication. Can someone throw light on this ??

Anti-HBsAg          0.44      Non-Reactive (Negative)
Anti-HBeAg          0.02      Positive
Anti-HBcAg IgM    0.07      Non-Reactive (Negative)