Can Vaccination completely prevent Hepatitis B?
Hi, my girlfriend was infected of Hepatitis B virus when she was very young, and a check a few years ago was still positive. I learned that I should get vaccinated before having sex and if we were to have a baby, he/she should be vaccinated right after birth as well. My question is, can vaccination completely prevent the virus for both the baby and me? Thank you.
The way I read your post is that your friend tested positive for HBV for antibodies only. That's because once a persons immune system fights off the virus successfully, the antibodies will always remain. The vaccination for HBV will prevent you from getting the virus, thus allowing your baby to be born without any problems. Your child will then need his/her own HBV Vaccination.
Did your friend have a PCR specifically to determine infection??? Or just normal labs related to say a yearly physical??
Those shots right after birth would give your baby a 95% chance of being free of  the HepB virus.

And if you are HepB negative and are not immuned, get vaccinated.  If your HepB Surface antibodies becomes positive, then you achieved HepB immunity.

Your girlfriend should see MD for regular monitoring.  Take care and good luck.