Causes for decrease in immunity??
Hey guys!! Quick question! I had the series of hep b vaccinations in 2002. In 2008 I had a tither drawn and I had positive immunity. Then last week I had a tither drawn and my levels of immunity were undetected! Does anyone know what causes you to loose you immunity?? It has been less than 10years since the vaccinations!! Anyone?
Does anyone know what causes you to loose you immunity?

hbv vaccine is based on hbsag antigen which has very weak immune stimuli so it happens to lose hbsab after 10-20 years

there is a very very rare chance that you got an hbsag mutated hbv strain and hbsab from vaccine doesn t work on this so you might lose it in that case but this is extremely rare, in any case make a vaccine boost shot and then recheck all hbv markers so you will know if you ever got contact with hbv:

hbsag, hbsab, hbcab,hbeag, hbeab, hbvdna pcr, if these tests are not free by insurance or healthcare and are not very cheap you can also recheck hbsab only and if it gets higher than 10miu/ml you might assume at 99% that you recovered antibody and no hbsag mutants infected you