Ceasarian-section versus natural delivery
It seems like there are 2 theories regarding HBV transmission risks either by having ceasarian-section or a natural delivery. I am pregnant and my HBV DNA is undetectable (on Viread treatment) but was wondering if I should go with a C-section or go for a natural delivery. In north America, it seems like they opt for natural delivery. Does it add risks to HBV transmission or is it fine? My hepathologist said go normally but I read about people here who have been recommended by their dr to go with a C-section. Please help.

I am pregnant and will deliver in mid-december and need to take a decision regarding this.

Thanks.
i think that being hbe negative, hbvdna und makes possibility of infection very very low and even if infection occurs there i vaccine plus immune globulins to prevent it, so i'd go for natural delivery
i have seen all studies are for natural delivery and i think cesarian has blood coming out so guess more risk
Thanks so much Stefano. Hope everything is well with you. Take care!
Hi enolia,
I noticed that you're taking Viread and pregnant.  I am taking Viread as well.  Is it okay to take it during pregnancy?  If so, did you start in the first trimester or later?  Also, is it safe to take while breastfeeding?  I know it's not a good idea to stop medication and that's why I'm wondering about Viread and pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Hi SandGirl

Dr was ok with me taking it before, during pregnancy and after delivery so I started taking it last December and got pregnant end of March. It is fine to take it during pregnancy. Breatfeeding is a different story as most moms have nipples bleeding in the first breasfeeding months and it is unsure weither Viread gets into the maternal milk and what could be the effects on baby's health. My Ob said it is fine but I don't want to take risks...Did you ask your dr?