Aa
A
A
Close
Chance of getting Hepatitis B from saliva?
Hi,

I read that saliva of people with Hepatitis B can contain Hepatitis B virus.

If someone accidentally spits on your meal while talking, is there any chance of getting the virus by eating that meal?

Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1161842_tn?1390188341
You can't get Hepatitis B from saliva. Hepatitis B is blood borned virus and STD.
Comment
Cancel
1161842_tn?1390188341
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
In the scenario you describe no. But hep b can be passed through saliva although the main methods are blood and sexual bodlily fluids
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
the chance is low and contagios rare but the virus is present in the saliva so you must get the vaccine to be 100% sure.
the most contagious are people in the immune tollerant state who have from millions to billions of hbv in the blood.
hbv is at least 100% times more contagious than hiv and the virus can live 7 days on objects and surfaces
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
although very rare and difficult to get it from a spit on a meal i would make vaccine anyway

for example i have problems with my gums and when i eat an apple i leave blood on it, same thing when i wash my teeth i lose a lot of blood, so you find blood in my saliva and virus too, i guess even a kiss from me can be contagious, fortunately in my country vaccine is mandatory at birth from the '80 so i cannot spread hbv anywhere
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Chance of getting Hepatitis B from saliva?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
Top Hepatitis Answerers
Blank
stef2011
Italy