Choice of treatment
Noy
Well I'm back from my follow up doctors appointment. I have stage 2 fibrosis and my viral load of 5817065 copies ML. Is that right or could there be a .5 at the end??? That number seems really high to me. I was given two options, the first was interferon with all the nice sides (for approx 6 months) that come with that the doctor explained to me and the lamivudine that is longer treatment, over a year. I asked him many questions regarding about both treatments. I decided to start out with the lamivudine and talked about if it does not show any improvement I will switch to the Interferon in 6 months. I was also told that with chronic hbv there is a 20% cure rate with this treatment. I did not ask him about genotypes, infact what is that?? I can always call him tomorrow and ask him...Dr told me that there should not be any sides with the lamivudine but if there is I am going to take my first pill over the weekend.

The scary part is he stated to me "We treat alot of HCV but we haven't figured out chronic HBV yet" Well if I don't have any results from these meds I have chosen to get treatment at the U of M.

Noy