Hepatitis B Community
Chronic HBV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Chronic HBV

Is chronic Hepatitis B is curable??
Not curable but more or less manageable.
It is curable. Especially with Replicor. Cures peoples in 7-12 days.
Unfortunately not a the moment, replicor is still under clinical trials. In 3-4 years should be available if the trials go as it is planned.
can you please provide a link that shows Replicor cures in 7-12 days, I am interested to read this
Check the replicor thread it shows it in their report
The current clinical trials have very little to do with effectiveness of the drug. It is done more to promote  investment. It is like that in western countries - all about money. You have to experience it really to understand what I say.

Replicor has no funds to proceed with further trials. Looks like they are looking for a big pharma buyer.
Here you go..

"Interim results from REPLICor’s proof of concept trial were disclosed today at the 2012 held at the University of Oxford Christ Church and Examination Schools, Oxford, England. Patients who had cleared HBsAg from their blood with REP 9AC’ monotherapy were subjected to combination treatment with REP 9AC’ and either Pegasys™ or Zadaxin™.

Profound increases in anti-HBV antibodies or immune function were observed in all patients with as few as 6-10 weeks of combination treatment. Many patients have achieved HBV antibody levels seen in healthy patients after vaccination with a total of 12 weeks of combination treatment."
That is why I say everything is there to cure hbv already.  The financial part of it stops cures. Of course big pharma is scared is scared of this medication. 300 million hbv infected is a huge antiviral market.

Why do you think Zadaxin in US is not approved either? They are doing everything to block medications that help clear hbv.
Here is some good data on zadaxin http://www.rxlist.com/zadaxin-drug/indications-dosage.htm

Adding an antiviral to it + interferon could produce very good results.

But we have all the research done around anti hiv antivirals that we really should not be getting. And honest doctors would at least admit it.
I agree with you completely, but the result is the same -- there is no drug in the market.
you are right there is no drug on the market.  And won't be for a while unless we as the community start speaking out.

These drug companies are doing real evil things by slowing down cures and better treatment plans for horrible virus as HBV so their antiviral market share will not disappear. This is pure eugenics.

The general public is not aware of this that HBV is AIDS of the liver. Not aware that waiting 3-4 years for somebody with advance stages of HBV is a death sentence.

The power of internet, the appeal to humanity is possible to change these corrupt anti-human laws that are lobbied secretly in corporate board room meetings.

That is why I say keep on writing to Replicor - all of us need to fight this system, expose what they do, and how they do things.
people are not even aware that there is 300 million people of us sick with this. The public in western countries  is not aware of anything outside of HIV and Cancer.

Hep C got a lot of recognition, because many famous people have stepped out and spoke about it that they have and how tough the treatment was and what are the consequences of not treating.

With us people are being quite about it, being quiet of who they are because there is a notion spread by the medical workers mainly that hep B get only promiscuous and or drug users   and those people in the third world countries. I always ask this people. Stop.. but if you can get it from prostitutes that means that just like HIV and HepC the virus is out there in the western countries too. Just look at STD (or how you want to call it) charts for California and New York. Yet they still say Oh well there is no problem - it is only a special population issue.

I don't find any logical and moral explanation of how can that be that Rep9AC is not being given out to people to spread the word.

And Why are the researchers are not demanding this medicine. The cost of making it is not and should not be an issue. And if big pharma buys it how will then they lower  the cost down? So it is just equipment issue then. It also can be fixed from the public funds.

Currently we have just about all of the research sponsored mainly by huge US big pharma companies. And they have a mentality and a look on us as a grey material - niche market for then and their investors. For which they have a product and they need to do ALL possible to protect this niche market by all means.

Myrcludex trial in Russia cast a challenge to these companies for a first time in the past 20 years. That is why they started to do trials of GS9620 not to be behind if someone  else especially  Russia if they pull ahead. The knowledgeable hepatologists know that antiviral use is not advisable because of the risk of development of other diseases associated with NUCS use. . They don't even have the real safety data on antivirals past 3 years use. Some of us have been on them for 10 years. And developed some of the adverse affects HIV infected have been writing all along about these drugs. High blood pressure being the main issue. yes they take greater doses then we do.. but still it is a concern.

Short courses of interferon to stop viral replication during flares, use of immune modulators and diet is the best choice at managing it. Gamma interferon is also being overlooked. Immune inhalers such as Zadaxin

But Myrcludex is a sort of same half fix solution as 9620 (Imiquimod) it will for sure will get once chances better to clear HBV.. but the question remains still - how long will one have to take it so liver cells regenerate completely?

Will this take 1 year or more?

But the fact of the matter is, IF what is being said about phase 2 trials of Myrcludex is true, where they will be doing massive drug testing on all sick people in Russia, Ukraine, and Baltic states. This will change and brake the corrupt ways the way clinical trials are done world wide.
Just look who is controlling everything.. > Investment brokers. It makes me sick to read all this. And makes me think of what is next? Will these people privatize,  patent and regulate the air we breathe for themselves and their share holders?

Investment Commentary

Abbott's hepatitis C trial announcement evidently sent shivers down the spines of Gilead Science (NASDAQ: GILD) shareholders. Traders must have feared that Gilead ran the risk of being overtaken in the race for supremacy in the worldwide market for new hepatitis C treatments. After all, the stakes are high, with the market expected to reach $20 billion by 2020, according to Bloomberg.

Order seems to have been restored, though. Gilead appears to be back in favor. Evidently investors are confident that Gilead's two-drug regimen is going to prove superior to Abbott's and other competitors when all is said and done. One big drawback of the Abbott regimen is that it contains the drug ritonavir, which physicians don't want to use.

That's far from saying Gilead will have the market all to itself. According to an article in Bloomberg, Catherine Arnold, an analyst with Credit Suisse Group AG in New York, said she sent a note to clients projecting that Gilead would have $3.8 billion in hepatitis C sales in 2020, and Abbott would follow with $2.5 billion.

Another major player is expected to be Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY), with $1.3 billion. The company reported this week that one of its drug combinations helped patients who hadn't previously been treated for the viral infection.

Given that the hepatitis C treatment market is so lucrative, it's attracted others than the Big Three already mentioned. Companies testing therapies, either alone or together, include Achillion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ACHN), Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: IDIX), Merck (NYSE: MRK) and Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTX).

For now, Gilead is still King of the Hill. The company has an 800-patient trial underway, and it's possible results of that study could be reported at the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases' annual meeting next month in Boston. If that happens, we might see Gilead apply for FDA approval as soon as the middle of 2014.

Given the uncertainties in the Hep-C Market Stock Traders Daily has produced detailed trading reports for the Stocks Mentioned in this article.

Riding high after hitting a 52-week high on Monday, Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) has taken a punch to the gut as investors haven't liked what they've heard about taxes. Specifically, the tax rate that's going to be paid by the two companies Abbott will split into later this year. The new rate is expected to be about 10% higher than the company's been paying, and that boost is expected to dampen earnings at both firms.
Don't you think that if a company created a cure, they would be rich beyond belief?  300 million people would stand in line to pay for the magic pill, that is a lot of money.
What do you exactly call this? Not a cure? Can any research drug match these results?

==================================================
Patients who had cleared HBsAg from their blood with REP 9AC’ monotherapy were subjected to combination treatment with REP 9AC’ and either Pegasys™ or Zadaxin™.

====================================================

Of course we all in line.

But the company wont take public donations, they won't even come here and speak to us.

The word is that they are trying to sell it to big pharma because the medication is too expensive for them to make. Ask Stef2011 he has all the details on the cost of making this this drug that is taken by infusion.
I just don't see it.  If you owned the keys to a bank vault worth billions, maybe trillions of dollars, why would you sell it to someone for pennies on the dollar?
Well,  it is exactly the same thing as why we don't have FibroScan and surface antigen quant test available here - test 2 potentially negatively impacts the antiviral market. Test 1 - interferes with the gastroenterologist's lobby that likes to do biopsies left and right.

You have to remove your pink glasses and look at things the way they are. If they release this drug > what will the whole "lucrative" HBV will do - it will disappear.  

So this is definitely a political and financial issue first and for most.

The same thing with HIV treatment. Do you hear bone marrow transplants being offered or even told to patients by their doctors? That this is treatable and not a death sentence? No, right. Despite 4 people world wide being cured of it. What do insurance companies say already  - investigation and they won't pay for it.

it is the same reason we have clinical trials of only 10-12 people at the time. Done very secretively too - also done to control the info if the drug is a success. So these companies can discuss in their board room meeting about the cost vs profit of making and releasing this drug and how it will affect the market. People that make development of  cures, their companies are trading on the stock exchange. And HBV is a market first and most to them. Us hbv patients they think of as a expandable gray matter.

The question is how can doctors go with this system. That is a really big question. What about the Hippocratic oath that they take?

Logically and morally yes Replicor should go public with their discovery. That is why I say all of us need to write to them, we need to start a massive internet campaign. And you my friend need to get Dr.Gish involved in this too since you go see them other there.  
essentially what we have to live through and suffer from is a slow passive eugenics till the time we either all die, or our body clears hbv on its own with the help from above or till they will develop a cheap to make cost effective drug. That wont burden the interests of insurance companies as well.

Something like this may be 10 years away. By that time chronic HBV population will shrink to almost none in industrialized countries because of 100% vaccination, but for third they don't care really. And we will be dieing off not only from effects of HBV but the adverse affects that antiviral chemotherapy has for us. which is being also hidden from the public.

That is how they those in power look at this issue. They see a real public threat in HCV that is why they have such a great treatment for it.. For us there is nothing like that even though better treatment combos are available..

Interferon + Antiviral
Zadaxin + Antiviral
Interferon + Zadaxin + Alinia
Molyxan + Interferon

also sequential treatments that stef2011 is talking about..

Why all this is not being done on a massive scale? Simple answer is cost.

Why Dr.Gish the world renown researcher is not using this and doing clinical trials that are only sponsored by the drug companies? This is product testing. You call this cutting edge > like it should be in the USA really. I mean really, how can we not be angry?! This is is pathetic and ridiculous and shame on them.

HBV is treatable even now with what we have today. It is tough treatment, some people may need 90weeks of Pegasys with something because no one drug works alone. But the know how is there.
regarding clinical trials I also don't agree with the current policy regarding deadly viruses such as HBV..

They are saying they want to help! So why are the clinical trials take so long? And have so few people. Replicor why it is the case with your drug?

Another example. GS9620  trial in San Diego only took 9 people. How can this be serious?

They say they need people and want to help? A person makes arrangements with them in spring. Then they start the trial, forgetting to tell they did, and tell you well you have to be on TDF for three months before entering. Well Duh.. why didn't you say it ahead of time. The criteria was to be fully DNA suppressed and what difference does it make if one is on ETV, Hepsera, Tyzeka vs TDF. These are all me 2 drugs.  That is an example of how they treat people and who works there with what kind of medical ethics.

Getting a surface antigen quantitative test.. well yes it is possible kind of an hush hush bases if you agree to give 700ml of blood to this one company. And they don't told you straight forward what exactly you will be doing. So on a continuous bases to get this test you have to unload 700ml of blood each time. And oh yes they will give you $50 for it. Kind of insulting when you can't by a decent lunch for two in shiny Socal for that.

This is what really what is going around HBV treatment.. and have not even began writing about what insurance companies do how much pressure they put on the doctors to not give you this or that test. So they can keep their cost down.  

What medicine has become today what is done behind scenes is totally amoral. There is no regard, and no respect for HBV patients. All this is incredibly frustrating, and all this is legal btw to do.
So how can in this current medical system anything be done when they only think about money and making the shareholders happy. Look at the wording they use..

Investment Commentary

It has come to the point that we as patients maybe better off just cutting deals with these individual companies and bypassing the doctors and all the legal bs that follows?

But will they do it?  The question is for Replicor and all you recruiters for clinical trials and new tests that watch us here ;)
again, veteranB, there you go with the misinformation.  I gave 10 ml of blood and got my HBsAg no problem.  My doctor did not refer me for biopsy, which I wonder why if it is such a "lucrative" market.  

Regarding clinical trials, you must not understand how they work.  Phase I trials are always done on a small cohort.  You are not going to subject more people than necessary to a drug with unknown effects.  You save that for Phase II.

I am curious veteranB, what have you done to move our research and cure forward?  Have you gone out and petitioned Replicor, Gilead, or others?

If you spent as much time trying to solve the problem as you do ranting on these message boards about how much the government and drug companies are out to get you, we'd have a cure by now!
" I gave 10 ml of blood and got my HBsAg no problem"

Show the contract where it states in writing that there is only 10ML of we have to give. To get the test on the continuous bases. If they have changed their policy please confirm that. I offered 12 SSD tubes every time plus I pay money, simply because 700ml is a lot to give every time. They said no..  

btw..  I am not ranting  on this board, I am  exposing facts as they are, and rotten experiences I have had. Similar things you can read in the news papers quite ofter these days, about the level of corruption going on in the medical field these days. And that is why we have no cures for many diseases.

As for petitioning companies I constantly say over and over here lets all keep writing to Replicor and others. And have them come to this forum.. many of us have e-mailed them too. Do you see anybody from these companies come here  to this forum and  try to work out somethings with the people?  There is a lot of us. And people are trying desperate things, just read these threads more carefully.

how is that can be called ranting? We are frustrated.  No FibroScan, no surface antigen quant test, no combo therapies, no zadaxin. You call this normal for America?

GS9620 (Imiquimod) is not an unknown drug dude! :) It is used for cancer in higher doses, and as a cream called Aldara.. Also used to treat HPV, they know the sides.. No company especially as big as Gilead would go into clinical trials if there were major safety concerns.

Stef2011 here takes it in a much higher doses and without making a big deal. I guess he is the real researcher on here. The guy stopped his cirrhosis. How many doctors say they did that?

HBV better treatments regiments are here I listed them, the problem is finding doctors that are willing or even care to make the difference and at least work with those that are willing to be pioneers in taking these treatments. So we can all share here, on these forums and spread the knowledge.  

With regard to clinical trials for better meds for such a deadly virus as HBV yes the process CANNOT take 5 years.. Stages 1-3 maximum can be stretched out over the course of 1 year.. that is max.

1 year clinical trials stage 1-3 is absurd, regardless of whether it is HBV, HCV, HIV, HPV, EBV, HHV, etc.  That is like asking the airlines to fly 747s from China to US in 10 hours.  It can be done, yes.  But it is unsafe.
I have yet to read one forum post where you don't go on a tangent about the government or drug companies.  It is getting really old.  You need to spend more time outside, maybe go knock on the drug companies door in person and tell them all of your ranting.  I'm sure they will approve these drugs ASAP if they have to listen to your endless drivel.
" It can be done, yes.  But it is unsafe"

It is not absurd and is very doable if they are serious about eradicating HBV. Especially since those drugs happen to be used for other diseases. Zadaxin for example is none toxic. Can be added to any antiviral.  

As for banging on drug companies doors, well there is no need for that. The current laws that they have lobbied protect them.. We  can use the power of internet and wake people up by making them aware of what is actually taking place.

And the more of us stand up, the louder the voice would be.  You can relax btw and watch it form the side lines if it is getting you to nervous.

But some of us want some real answers as to why the drug that suppresses HBV surface antigen in 7-12 days is not being widely studied.
I can understand where is veteran coming from, his frustrations and disappointments of the US medical care. Even though I have only been living in the US for 2 yrs, I can already feel the "back-wardness" and lack of knowledge from GPs to gastroenterologists, compared to back in my country in Asia. That is why everytime I do a set of blood work, I always email back to my dr in Asia to get his opinion. I feel safer.

Now that we know Replicor has a cure, that is indeed very good news for us. But to say that they are withholding this cure for the sake of more profits, I cannot comment as I have no knowledge and proof. But I feel its good we follow up with them to give them a little more pressure, but we should not demand that they must release the drug in a super fast time like 1 yr. I all want the drug to be safe for everyone. And I think that is what Replicor is doing now - they are working on the drug development to cure EVERYONE, every type of virus/mutant hbv that different people will have. They cannot be slipshod on this as what if someone dies due to the drug? They have to be very certain its a 100% ready to be launched in the market. This protects themselves, as well as us. So meanwhile, let's be patient and see how the progress is moving. By next year we should hear some new updates from them. But if the update is the same as this year , or even last, then we all need to do more to pressure them. This is just my humble opinion.
No FibroScan, no surface antigen quant test, no combo therapies, no zadaxin.!

Absolutely This is a FACT!!  NOT RANTING!!

I did not know until I found this forum. I learn a lot more here than from my doctors!
Yes this forum is amazing. We are lucky to have people  like Stef2011 and studyforhope on this board.

I had terrible chest pains, and black hairy/grey/ sometimes yellow tongue for the past 6 years ever since my hbv. I have seen anywhere from 50-75 doctors during this type. And nobody could figure out what it was. I had about 50 HIV tests - which almost made me go insane. The bottom line these doctors could not figure it out how to treat it.. Nobody even heard of oxydative stress that Stef2011 has mentioned.

So following Stefanos advice and adding the vitamins he suggested, my check pains have gone. I have more energy, as well as general feeling of feeling better. And my tongue is slowly is clearing up. The doctors are silent.. they have no answer for me.

How much money I have spend outside of health insurance?

$10-13,000  on doctors visits.
and about $10,000 in blood tests..

with health insurance probably it all cost the health system $100K

And I have seen University level doctors that were clueless what to do.. Except adding TDF to ETV..

As for combo therapy yes, that is a novelty.. Even Dr.Gish is not doing it. And yes he does not have FibroScan either.
I am not scared if I die from Replicor drug. It worked for other people.

If they start accepting volunteers like me I will even pay for the medicine. And I am sure I am not the only one. We need to spread the word about their medication.

That is why I want them to come here and discuss things with us. If they go to the people they will get funding if this is the issue not only that a Nobel Price is guaranteed for this achievement. And I am sure major governments once they and the public become aware of this medicine will fund it.

Last year after tsunami and Fukushima the whole world donated funds to Japan. And in out case the whole world would donate to rid people of HBV.
Don't get me wrong. I am all for pushing replicor to release rep9ac as soon as possible. In fact, I have already emailed replicor and they replied the drug will be released no sooner than in 3-4yrs. So what is the next step i should do? What do you propose? Maybe you can show us the way as I am not good at this. Tks.
Yeah that is what they reply with to everyone. Well we can all fly to Canada and occupy their premise building :) Just imagine what can this do is if 10,000 people show up.

Or we can start a thread of plea here on this forum, and get as many signatures as we can. And keep emailing them. People can some the story of their lives. Then we e-mail CNN and others with links. We can email Michael Moore too. There is a lot of things possible these days.

3-4 years wait yes it is great, but I just don't understand why we need to wait that long when they cured all 12 Bangladesh patients. And they did not die either in the process.

What do you all think?
Starting a thread of plea is a good idea. Like a petition. If you are willing to take charge of this "project", I'm sure many will write about their story in the thread, me for sure. Pls start the thread and let's get it going!
I always do btw finish what I start. And Judging by the message you are sending me from your patrons I think I am at a good starting point ;)

Anyway please let us know if we get to see dr.Gish here so we can continue discussion about the problem that supposedly does not exist directly :)
yes veteran you r right...y we have to wait .....when cure is there......lets start ...i think every one wants this ..so lets raise the awareness to people about fact....that how these drugs maker's and as wel as our government play with human health.....but for this we have to plan and unity and faith....now a days i think it is easy to approach to media....we can use media for this purpose..but  for this we hv to plan that how can we do this ......
and i m from asia....and i will try and hope that in dec one of top media channel of our country publish as a awareness that whats going on ....
which channel ?
Does creating a change.org petition help?
http://www.replicor.com/debut_anglais2.htm
Patients who had cleared HBsAg from their blood with REP 9AC’ monotherapy were subjected to combination treatment with REP 9AC’ and either Pegasys™ or Zadaxin™.  Profound increases in anti-HBV antibodies or immune function were observed in all patients with as few as 6-10 weeks of combination treatment.  All patients have achieved HBV antibody levels seen in healthy patients after vaccination with a total of 12 weeks of combination treatment and many patients have achieved antibody titers > 1000 mIU / ml. In 8 out of 9 patients who have achieved this therapeutic vaccine-like response, they continue to control their viral infection off treatment.  REPLICor expects that short term  Zadaxin™ or Pegasys™ treatment given in combination with the HBsAg release inhibitor REP 9AC’ will achieve an effective, therapeutic vaccination in patients with chronic HBV infection, resulting in the achievement of durable immunological control in most patients, regardless of viral genotype or state of their HBV infection.
why 8 out of 9 patients. I am wondering what happened to that  1 person, the virus came back?
http://www.replicor.com/Wall_Street_Reporter_Biomed_Business_Journal.pdf
I think it is used to treat many different viruses. So the drug should be on the way to be released.
The above post is almost 7 years old..and last news on Rep 9AC is that it disclosed the interim results in US & China on Nov'2012 and the were sucessful in removing the virus from body..

Now what is the next thing for Replicor ?/ I think they are complete wiht Trail 11 with discloser... Any thoughts what is their next work to get this drug to market??/
good evening. hope this is it. finally finished the trial....
Does this mean 100% cure rate or 90% cure rate
http://www1.easl.eu/easl2011/program/Orals/339.htm
Only 3 patients competely cured?
your link is over 1 year old