Hepatitis B Community
Chronic Hep B Carrier...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Chronic Hep B Carrier...

I have been in this site reading quite a lot of valuable comments since i found out that i have a chronic Hep B(1 month ago). Now i feel like i am lonely and my eyes did stop picturing my future. I have a girlfriend who lives in Canada and I live in England. It was her who told me to get tested when she comes to see me couple of months ago. I never had any idea about this bloody virus that i have been told i have it in my blood. When i did my test all i was worrying about was HIV. My all results became negative apart from this bloody virus at least i am thankful that it’s not HIV.
There are many question passes through my head in ever seconds. One, its about my girlfriend. When i told her that i have chronic hep b, she tired to cheer me up and she told me that she will never leave me and she even said that she will def  marry me as we planned it but i just still have a doubt if she will change her ideas or something???? Second, which is my main pain is, will i ever get rid of this virus????
The nurse told me i am healthy carrier and she told my body has already produced antibody to the virus. Does that mean i have a chance to clear the virus naturally or does it mean i have a possibility of clearing the virus if i start treatment???
Please i need your suggestions.
All we want in life is at least to be healthy and i hope you all out there are happy or will be happy with your health condition. Many Thanks!
What are you results exactly? What is you HBsAB antibodies count? I don't believe you have enough in your blood t get rid of the virus since you are a chronic carrier. Follow REP-9AC and Myrecludex posts, these new drugs are very promising in terms of curing HBV.
Yes, it is tough in the beginning but you will get used to the idea. You could still have a normal life. I am also a chronic carrier but I am not married and have a baby.
Check this post from someone who was in the same situation, it might be helpful to you as well.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/Realistically--what-are-the-chances-of-me-infecting-my-unknowing-partner/show/1575988?personal_page_id=1021922

Good luck

Good luck
Thank you so much for the response. I just want to ask u a question since you are from Canada. Do you think the Canadian embassy in london will allow me a visa to enter to canada with my hep b positive if my girfriend marry me (marriage sponsor)???
Do the government of Canada have any policy regarding hep b positive people sponsored by a canadian ?
check this, maybe it help (last article):  http://www.hbvadvocate.org/news/NewsUpdates_pdf/News_Review_2011/HBJ-8.7.pdf

Current Canadian health policy does not recommend screening immigrants for hepatitis B, but they discuss to made this screening in future because is more cost effective, anyway, this not means that they will not receive immigrants with hep b virus.
No I don't believe Canada has problems with HBV. In my first answer I meant to say I am noW married and I wrote I am not married.
I am an immigrant and have never been checked for it for Canada...until I checked it one day by myself and found out :(
hi, please help, i need to know a lot about hepatitis b,, please help me..
can anybody explain my hepatitis profile?

examination            my count                  cut-off value               interpretation
HBsAg                <   3.000                         0.658                       reactive
ANTI-HBE                 0.390                        1.321                        reactive
HBeAg                      0.320                        0.621                       non-reactive

please  give me an interpretation of this...
thanks for the help. I appriciate it so much.