Hepatitis B Community
Chronic Hep B Carrier...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Chronic Hep B Carrier...

I am just wondering...is there anyone in this planet with chronic hep b who is cure or is there anyone know somoene who is cured?
A person for a from a forum that I watch has a natural clerance of HBsAg. he eplain that until some time ago HbsAg was present (he made tests 2 per year) and at one point he found out the HBsAg was negative, he will repeat the test next month.
wow...that is really good news. So was he on treatment?  As this disease is very related to life style I think this is a good opportunity to ask him what have he been doing between the times when he was testing HBsAg postive...like the foods that he eats and drinks etc....and the things that helped him to eradicate the virus completely from his body naturally.

4est, please ask him more if he is still active in the forum.

I really wanna hear more good news like this. It boosts my hope.
he was not in any kind of treatment, I think he was one of the lucky ones :)

I will check with him and if something is need to be tell i will came back with a post.  
he is in the 5% that clears yearly, hbsag quantity tells those who can be in this lucky group.those with hbsag<500iu/ml are those who clear and those with hbsag<20iu/ml are extremely close to clear

there is no food to do this, another guess is that those with nagalase normal have hbsag<1500iu/ml and go towards low level/clearance wth time...this will be confirmed by time for those under gcmaf

Thanks for the reply. Is it true some guy told me that if you go hep b since you were born your chance of clearing the virus even if ur on treatment is 0???

no it is not true at all, the interferon combo has over 35% clearance at 2 years, if you can stand interferon for 5-6years the rates are even higher

there are reposrts of 5 years interferon monotherapy in china and rates are very high although never reported higher than 35% but heavy comboes and longer therapy might increase this more

so stef...35% is it the chance of clearing the virus comletely from your body or just clearing 35% of the virus only?