Hepatitis B Community
Clevudine (Revovir) - Is it good to take?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone take this drug? How is it? I'm trying to find forums with this kind of drug and not able to find one. I consulted a doctor last week (Philippines) and he gave me this, I'm having doubts in taking this drug because it is just new (I guess). Any doctors out there who could help? Please advise.

Tags: HEPATIS B

no they didn t finished trials and stopped them because of very serious/lethal sides effects plus it doesn t work on hbv and makes virus mutations that might be not treatable

if a doctor talked about it change it right away, he is paid by some drug maker to use that drug which is banned worldwide except philippins where it look they even sell poison to patients

the only drugs on guideline for hbv are tenofovir, entecavir and interferon in combo or monotherpay
hello there... i just wanna share to you my experience, i was diagnosed as Hep B positive last december 14, 2010, then i researched about this disease, it could be chronic or acute, i experienced jaundice and dark urine. I learned that by boosting your immune system you will eventually develop antibodies against hep B virus. you know what just this FEB 8 2011, i had my second blood test and i was HBsAg non reactive and anti HBs positive, the virus went away in less than 3 months! what did I do? i drink 1 liter of fresh lemon juice everyday, 2 capsules of VITAMIN E 400 IU everyday, i was in a strict vegetarian diet and I eat 1 apple a day. perhaps you might want to try this diet, it worked for me, maybe for you too. I experienced acute Hep B and now im no longer contagious.

by the way I am from manila Phils... Im a Filipino
Thanks Stef2011, Actually I did bought one bottle of revovir but I was too hesitant to take it. I read the details inside the drug and there is warning shows that it could lead to mutation if ever you stop taking it. Also some of the patient who take the drug did have a side effect called myopathy, a muscular disease. That actually scares me, but the most sad of all is why the doctor is doing this just for his personal gain, I've been through a lot and he doesn't really care at all. From what you have said, I realized that he is really paid by the drug maker because he gave me a contact where to buy the drug. And from the first time i step into his clinic, there's actually a sense of discomfort while we are talking about the disease, and after I leave my hope really went down. I'm expecting that he would actually boost my faith in fighting this disease but it's the other way around. :(
Is there anyone there who knows a doctor who can really help, who knows the disease? I'm from Manila, Philippines. Thanks a lot.
To those who has this illness, please never give up, always pray and submit yourself to God. God Bless us all.
That's really good for you, and it's a great news that somebody was really cured with this kind of disease. You're so lucky, but for my case I have chronic hepatitis b, I discovered this last Feb 2009. Thanks for your advise, perhaps i would do the same like you did. Right now I'm taking essentiale forte 3 times a day and take a lot of fruits if available. I hope I would be the same as you. I was rejected many times in working abroad because of this, it's really depressing. But I will never lose hope. I know God will always be there for all of us. God bless you
theres nothing you can do to really get rid of the virus out from your body coz its chronic, but you can drink meds to lessen the viral load, it will make you a healthy carrier and not contagious, at this point your body is not making antibodies against hep B, so best thing to do lower down the viral load to make u a healthy carrier
we are exactly in the same situation and exprience. i am a skillfull engineer yet it is difficult to get a job in big companies here. i am planning to go abroad because they said it is not being discriminated there(in some countries)

i just bought today my 1st 15 capsule of clevudine (revovir). have you taken it already?
how do you feel?

may i know where you buy it cheaper?

SGPT=110
HBV-DNA= more than 110M IU/mL
Read the thread above and please also read carefully about the drug. It has many side effects and I think it can also cause mutation on the virus if you stop taking it. So personally, i actually dont recommend taking it.
it can also cause mutation on the virus if you stop taking it.

it is even worst it makes mutations while taking it and there have been deaths related to that drug
it is banned worldwide, only philippins has it
dear stef,

i am worried about my case. my result is mentioned above. please i need your advice.
hi kinetx1208, what medicine are you taking now? may i know your lab results?

biggest mistake ever made, you ll probably only worsen infection...hbvdna is not the virus and does not reflect infection, antivirals are useless on virus.

get an expert liver specialist to guide you on treatment choice, only tenofovir, entecavir and interferon are firstline guidelines hbv drugs all the rest is just worsening your infection
Hey there,

I don't really agreed on the comments about the revovir. I'm HBV chronic. When my SGPT is 110 my doctor prescribe me a revovir. After 1st month taking revovir my SGPT went down to 60 and after 10 month my SGPT is 39 as normal and my HBV DNA is undetectable. After i will finish my 12 months taking revovir my doctor advice me to do HBsAg test and SGPT if the virus will be cleared in my blood.
I don't have any side effects, don't listen to other people just listen to your doctor. Some patient will not response to the therapy so they have they take another antiviral. You have to try first is the revovir made a response.

my doctor prescribe me a revovir

change doctor, if possible in your country chanrge him in a trial for damge to your health, REVOVIR is a banned drug worldwide, worsen hbv infection making virus mutations, it has deadly sides effect although rare on nervous system making you paralyzed

these drugs cannot be stopped all at once because they have no effect on viral and you risk deadly flares, hbvdna and alt/ast have no meaning for infection it goes on because the virus is not measured by hbvdna but by cccdna or hbsag quant

it is better to combo one month with tenofovir or interferon and then stop revovir, look for an expert doctor because philippines has almost no real doctors

to understand hbv and if you have an updated doctor check our healthpages:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/the-general-book-of-ignorance-about-hepatitis-B/show/1152?cid=153

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153
I really apreciated your concern. I considered that maybe my doctor is not an expert.

I have some question to clarify, please see below;

1) Why is the revovir still in the market while already banned worldwide?
2) Is't HBV DNA is to measure the replication of the the virus, If is undetectable its means the virus is stop replication?
3) What is CCC DNA? first time i've heard...
4) What can you say about my SGPT & HBV DNA results?
5) HBV is measured by HbsAg quantitative, how much iu/ml is considered treated by antiviral therapy?
6) What are the lab. exam do i need to undergo?

Please advice what will be the next move for me, what really i need to do?

Your advice is highly appreciated...

Thank you very much.....

regards,rocha

probably your country is very corrupt, epecially doctors prescribing it who are aware of the damge of the drug
they are probably trying to balance expenses research on your ruined health

replication of the virus, not the quantity of the virus or the number of infected cells.no hbvdna undetactable doesn t mean no replication
the virus replicates also with replication of liver cells internally the cells by cccdna which is not affected by drugs or immune system.cccdna is the virus templates that originates hbsag and virions

if nomral you have no liver damage but the infection is not correlated to liver damage, liver damage is not made by the virus but by immune system

hbsag and number of infected cells increases during antivirals therapy.very very few have a decline of hbsag

hbsag quant in iu/ml, possibly hbv mutations due to revovir.you can send blood samples for this test to china, india, vietnam.check online labs that do this test and contact them to send the samples

I WAS +/ REACTIVE ON HBSAG, HBEAG, NON REACTIVE ANTI HBEAG, AND MY SGPT IS VERY HIGH OR 184 AND MY HBV DNA IS VERY HIGH ABOVE 110 MILLIONS, AND I WAS COSULTED TO MY DOCTOR AND HE RECOMMEND REVOVIR CLEVUDINE, I TOOK IT FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS UNTIL NOW, AND NOW I FELT PAIN ON MY WHOLE BODY ON MY ARMS, LEGS. AND MY GUMS IS ALWAYS BLEED. AND I HAVE A FATTY LIVER ALSO. I POST ON DIS SITE BECAUSE IM SO VERY PROBLEMATIC OFCOURSE IN MONEY, AND TO MY CAREER BECAUSE MY LINE UP WAS CANCLED. HOPE U UNDERSTAND WAT I FELT NOW! ANY BODY/ EXPORT, SPECIALIST, IDEAS, CONCERN CAN HELP ME ON MY PROBLEM...
Revovir is banned world wide except on some countries like Philippines. One of the side effects of taking this drug is Myopathy, in which the muscle fibers do not function for any one of many reasons, resulting in muscular weakness. Muscle cramps, stiffness, and spasm can also be associated with myopathy (from wikipedia).
Maybe that drug is causing you the pain on your wholebody. You should stop taking it.

stop immediately

hbvdna 110millions is too high, did you check if you are imune tollerant, if so no treatment is needed
****! i take this clevudine revovir! i wanna kill my doctor! i take it for about 5 months.

if you check online you will find all problems of this drug not approved in the rest of the world

fist of all you can stop it all of a sudden because you risk deadly alt flares and resistance, the guidelines are:

add a new drug for about 1month if hbvdna was undetactable also with clevudine, in case hbvdna is detactable it is better to combo until hbvdna undetactable for 1-2 months

it is better that you use tenofovir which has no resistance, while on tnf+clevudine check creatinine before and after add on

it would be wise to check for hbv mutations in the polimerase but tenofovir will work anyway unless many mutants were naturally present before starting therapy with clevudine, anyway this is very rare because many primary and secondary mutations are needed to make tenofovir fail

sorry i meant: first of all you can't stop it all
I think revovir is good, i am a chronic hep b patient myself, and last 2010 i was diagnosed with stage III renal cel carcinoma, i had my left kidney removed and some tumors, in 2009 i took entecavir for 2 mos my HBV DNA load was only in thousands then i stop taking it on the 2nd month, last week i had HBV dna test again now its in the millions, i believe every anti viral drug wiill have mutations once you stop taking it before the prescribed period, by the way most of this drugs should be taken for 48 weeks (1 year). Now my doctor adviced me to take revovir because i became immune to enetecavir.
I also believe in alternative medicine, like vitamin c boosting, because after my surgery i was adviced to have chemo by i declined, its been almost 18 mos since my operation and i still feel good.

it cant be good it is banned in whole world and no development whatsoever from the producer.as to hbv it has no effect on it

if you have mutations tenofovir is the only drug that can work, be very carefull because if you will get a mutant from revovir too which is much much weaker than entecavir and the virus will easily become untreatable.revovir sides effects are also possibly fatal and there are no human trials on it because the drug was stopped and banned

tenofovir+interferon is the only combo that can cure hbv with no need to take drugs once cleared

Ok thanks for that i have not tried revovir yet, but by doctor said i had immunity with entecavir (barclude) : what anti-viral should i take now? by the way i am in the Phil too.

immunity with entecavir means nothing, are you sure he said that?maybe he said you are resistant to entecavir

tenofovir will work but if hbvdna is very very high it may fail too, in case it fails you can do tenofovir+interferon and if you have a chance to get drugs from india alinia can be added too (the name of indian generic is nizonide500)

Sorry, she said resistant to enetecavir : thanks for the information : Happy Holidays!
How much will be the range of HBV DNA so that tenofovir will work?

@gardjt

If your doctor will recommend tenofovir, please pm me. I want to find a doctor who will prescribe it to me. I don't know if it's available in pharmacies here in the philippines.

tenofovir is the most potent drug on hbv, if tenofovir doesnt work by 6-12 months entecavir is added

hbvdna superior to 7logs iu/ml is harder to make und fast but tenofovir works on them too, non response is very few like 3-4% on hbeag neg
I really wanted to try the tenofovir, I just don't know yet if cipla is available here in our country (i guess not), it's much cheaper than viread. I read one of your post that it has the same effect. Do you know where to buy cipla online (not fake)?
hi kinetix1208, as much as im willing to help you let me tell you these....
As of the moment revovir clevudine is the only antiviral drug that has 5% cure assurance for all other drug like lamivudine,entecavir,baraclude,sebivo only got 3% cure assurance..... normally doctors will tell you that there is only less expectations on this drugs for there is no medicine that will cure this Hepatitis B... With ur concern regarding myopathy let me tell you that all antiviral drugs has this side effect myopathy.. but with revovir there only .0007% myopathy cases which means 7patients out of 10,000 may experience..... Revovir may not  treat ur disease but it can prevent u from its symptoms or prolong your life>>>
@stiff2011 maybe ur referring to the studies made in the u.s., studies were not continued because hepatitis b is not a problem in the u.s., it seems to be useless to continue the study if the country dont have any cases of it........ because their focus is more on the hepatitis b.... problems with other antiviral are they are drug resistant
revovir reduces viral load after 3-6months treatment for example from 1,000,000 to 100,000 or from 10,000,000 to 1,000,000 thats what the study provides........treating this disease is not just an easy........it may take 2 years for you to be cured in gods will or may not because the assurance for this zeroconversion is only 5% better than #% of other antivirals
youre right rocha........... trust in your drug... i sont have any benefits with this drug as much as possible i just like to help patients who are confused.......... so far i have known 3persons taking this drug revovir who converted to zero convertion and resulted to undetectab;e hbvda which means no hepataitis b when examined...... at kinetix i recommend you to continue this drug
undtectable means your negative in the hepatitis b examination or test......
banned worlwide? misunderstood or just a saying........ this drug is being marketed in the area where there is a case of CHB like philippines
@ panoy consult your doctor, he knows what causes the side effect it may not be the cause of the drug rather somethings going wrong with one of your vital organs that causes this effects
to clarify things combination is not recommended, rather  change antiviral to interferon but not combined
myopathy only occurs for patients on prolong treatment
i really nid ur answer, do i need to stop this revovir thing?? i already taking it almost 8 months!!

of course yes, it does not cure anything, antivirals do not cure hbv and hbvdna undetactable means nothing to hbv infection.
since these antivirals must be taken for life if not combo with interferon and hbv cleared it is useless to use rubish unapproved for hbv, just a corrupted country like philippines could allow such trash

you also risk hbv mutations, not only sides....the only cure available now is sequential treatment with tenofovir 1-3 year and then interferon add on 96 weeks, hbsag is cleared in 40% already the fisrt year of combo
I am taking revovir for 5 months now, my sgpt went normal from 246 to 46 my doctor said that there is no inflammation with my liver and my HbeAg from 807 to 103. I hope it will continue to improve for the next 4 weeks because i am planning to work in Dubai. Is it true that they are strict with this kind of disease? My doctor advised me to take the same med for another 6 months. I have to spend ₱92 per day for this.
Hi bianca is that really true 1 liter of  fresh lemon juice? can you please advise me.

so where did u get this idea? i might try this one..thanks for sharing

how many times you take vit E a day. Please advice
I have started taking like a glass of Lemon Juice daily and i can already feel the difference. I used to feel a lot of discomfort in my liver area, and all that is gone immediately i started.
Lets see what more benefit we get!!!! Cld there be any adverse effects of drinking Lemon juice daily? I would like to know up front!
Maybe what she had was just an acute hep-b.Acute hep-b clears in under 6 months.If what you have is chronic hep-b it means your body is not able to  clear the virus in under 6 months,then the only way to treat it is to take medication.Im hep-b positive too and taking revovir.
My DNa was in (.6) after using revovir in 3mnths before it was 1500
so what?the only drug active on hbv without resistance, with hbsag lowering is tenofovir, just making hbvdna und is useless you need no resistance and hbsag lowering

revovir is banned all over the world because it doesn t work, just corruption in the philippines allowed it to exsist
i did take revovir for one year.coz the doctor prescribe it to me.then i stop.going to take my next lab test probably this week.during my last intake viral infection drops down at 6.but now that i read the comments above i'm having second thoughts if i should take it again if my doctor prescribe it to me again
it is totally useless, only tenofovir or entecavir is ok for hbv but once you used antivirals only tenofovir is safe
The patented drugs I used only elevated my heart rate from resting pulse of 60 t0 85 drained me of energy but it get my ALT from 160 to 109. Really antivirals don't work in my experience slow death awaits sorry to sound negative just want things to speed up and then thats that!4
first of all hbv doesn t kill, only ignorance kills.

what's the antivirals you used?they dont cure hbv but block liver damage for sure

did you know that heptech supplements and maybe gcmaf too can make liver repair balance the infected cells killed by immune system and go on with no liver damage?
Thanks for the info stef2011. I have found quite a few journals with immunologists/ scientist showing they can irradicate chronic hep b. I've even managed  to contact one to be told these may never reach the end user and they were not interested in talking to me either. They are even talking about anti virals only inhibit the virus. So yes ignorance kills the grip of ignorance the pharmaceutical has the world in is shameful.
I don't want "good liver function"  I want my life back. Full bill of good health.Sound really unreasonable?

How many years no cure? BS

ANTI VIRALS? Whats the point when they have the technology to eradicate the virus completely but don't want those who need it not to have it. I'd rather be dead than play this game and continuously put money in these scum bags pockets. The have no care for the patient the love of money rules!!!
Btw the drugs were Hepa Cap & Samarin 70.

I would never use those again load of rubbish!
those are not hbv drugs and have no effect on hbv

sequential tenofovir and peginterferon add on cures hbv in 3-5 years
Cures? Are you saying complete irradication of the virus? Or just suppression??
Don't let anyone give you suggestion because they're not doctors. When you find that doctor, be very honest about your medical history in order for him to prescribe to you the right hepa b treatment. Every person has a unique body chemistry and no two person will react to a medication the same way. In other words, the only way to find out which hepa b treatment is right for you is to see a doctor. Don't rule out a particular treatment based on whatever you read online. A treatment that did not work on someone might work for you.
If you stop medicating hepatitis b your liver will eventually fail, and liver failure is a lot more worse than any side effect from a hepa b drug, because it will mean certain death. Listen to your doctor and take your medication exactly as prescribed. At the same time, if you notice any side effects your doctor will adjust your treatment.
There is no drug on the market that can cure hbv. HBV is a life long disease that can only be managed by suppressing the amount of active viruses in your body. If you experience any side effects talk to you doctor about it and he or she will adjust your treatment. I know that living with HBV is hard and could feel isolating and terrifying but you are not alone. There are other HBV patients like yourself going through the same struggles, I would suggest finding an HBV support group in your area so you don't have to go through this journey alone.
MikeWest1089 should explore more before giving  commentary.  THERE IS CURE AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING CURE!

If you want to share something, you are sure about it, share it in public in this forum, not on privet,on your cell phone, if you are looking of blessing from god