Could it be? Need advice.
I just had a needlestick injury at work. I am so worried for hep B and hep C. I am itchy all over. However, it feels more like a nerve itch. As soon as I touch the itch, it goes away and moves somewhere else. My first set of  blood was done the same night as the accident (which was obviously negative since its too soon for anything to show up) and currently, I am awaiting the status of the patient. As far as for myself, I guess I won't really know for sure for another 3-6 months since it takes a while to initially show up. Could I have it? The needle ***** was small and I don't know the status of the patient either. I am very stressed out!!! It happened exactly 8 days ago. What does the "itch" feel like exactly? Is in with in the body or on the skin? Does it go away when scratched or what? So nervous and anxious. Could it be hep B, or C. Please help me. Thanks
Hello.  Please do not worry, you are fine.
There is no "hepatitis itch" that occurs right after transmission.  If there were any such signs I would not have gone 30 years before being diagnosed.  The only itch I had was from the tx.  HCV is a slow moving virus.  If you are really worried, wait 6 months and get tested.  Do you know if the patient had HCV?  I understand fear, in this case it is not necessary.
As my old boss used to say "Don't go looking for trouble"
Good luck to you