Hepatitis B Community
Could you pls explain to me the result of my hepa profile?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My hepa profile result was
HBsag - reactive
Anti HBs- non reactive
HbeAG - non reactive
Anti Hbe - reactive
Anti HBcG - reactive
Anti - HBcM - non reactive...

What does it means?
You have chronic Hepatitis B and your HBeAg is negative. Please see your doctor to test your liver functions, hbvdna to see whether your disease is active or not. You may or may not require treatment at this time.
Thank you Stephen, but my ALT is normal could it be related to my disease?
ALT is an important marker, but you will also need your hbvdna level, at least, to ascertain the state of your liver. As ALT, hbvdna, etc may fluctuate over time, it is important to keep regular monitoring. Do consult your doctor.
My HBV DNA =15,150 IU/ ml, ALT 90, any advice on treatment indication.
It would be important to know your HBeAg status.
If it is positive, you may be in the Immune Clearance phase, then you may observe for another few months to see whether hbvdna continues to decline.
If it is negative, then you may be in the Immune Escape phase and treatment should be considered as both your hbvdna and ALT are elevated.

In either case, A Fibroscan and age would also be important factors to be taken into consideration when deciding treatment or not.

Just my opinion.