Hepatitis B Community
Cure to make HbsAg Positive to negative. alinia Nitazoxanide.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Cure to make HbsAg Positive to negative. alinia Nitazoxanide. pls make a research of your own and share it to us. is it available in Philippines etc.. questions like that....

the highest response with ntz:
-ntz dose 1.5g or 2g (500mg pill) daily with food
- starting ntz when hbvdna is detectable and there are alt flares or hbcab igm>0.2s/co (this means there is an active immune response)
- having hbsag 3log iu/ml or lower, hbeag negative and hbeab positive
- starting ntz 4 weeks before drug active on hbvdna
- combination with peginterferon most potent
- among nucs entecavir o tenofovir combo

best ntz brands: alinia romark, nizonide500 lupin.
purity not verified by alinia group daxon, nitarid cipla, nizonide glenmark, but chemical is very easy so it is not necessary to check purity

test to see if nitazoxanide is working, hbsag quantity by abbott architet in iu/ml

best results so far in monotherapy or combo hbe negative, 2000-2600iu/ml hbsag drop within first 3 months
minimum hbsag drop to see if ntz is working, we don t know but we can use the best rates of interferon and nucs on a minority of 11-17% of patients:
interferon: about 0.5iu/ml hbsag drop by 24 weeks
entecavir or tenofovir: 0.5iu/ml hbsag drop by 48 weeks

ntz is not active on hbvdna or alt directly and alt might get a little higher at start like for interferon or nucs, so monitoring of hbvdna and alt is not good to see ntz response, from our group it looks like hbsag is the first to lower on ntz
sorry forgot to write log on hbsag unit
interferon: about 0.5log iu/ml hbsag drop by 24 weeks
entecavir or tenofovir: 0.5log iu/ml hbsag drop by 48 weeks

log means: 1000iu/ml=3 logs - 100iu/ml=2 logs - 10iu/ml=1 log

almost 100% security of seroconversion on interferon is when hbsag is 10-20iu/ml, this is achieved by interferon monotherapy on about 11% patients by 5-10years
Wow, that is really a very specific answer., thanks stefano170669 for that info. but it is really strange because i tried some of those strip test (Qualitative) and my result is NONREACTIVE like previous test in Qualitative which HbsAg patient count is 11.32. im really confused... pls help
like previous test in Quantitative which HbsAg patient count is 11.32.

sorry i don t understand, you have tried abbott architet hbsag quantification range 0.05-250iu/ml?
this is more sensitive that qualitative hbsag in s/co or s/n, sometimes when you get non reactive from qualitative you detect hbsag with quantitative
Quantitative which HbsAg patient count is 11.32

use the unit after the number only iu/ml is quantitative

it is very strange that in the past they didn t use these stupid useless numbers s/co when we didn t have available the quantitative method and now they are making a lot of confusion, maybe they want people to think all test are quantitative now when they are not?

or you mean:
i always got hbsag non reactive?if so you don t have hbv (if also hbvdna pcr und)
in quantitative test i'm REACTIVE patient count is 11.32 cut-oof value is 1.00 but in qualitative i'm NONREACTIVE

these are both qualitative, 11.32 is the reagent that gives positive hbsag not the quantity of hbsag itself, this is a mistake labs are doing to make confusion, that number is not important and they should say reactive/non reactive with no numbers

you have just used two qualitative assays, they are old now and some of them don t get some types of hbv.the best machine is abbott architet with quantification in iu/ml and it is the most sensitive at 0.05iu/ml
Please clarify: If hbvdna is undetectable, then ntz doesn't work? It is useless to use ntz?

If hbvdna is undetectable, then ntz doesn't work?

never said it doesn t work but i said it seams to work less when hbvdna is und by entecavir or tenofovir because immune system is less stimulated by virus replication, but data is not enough as a rule, we just noticed the best resukts are on hbe negative, hbvdna detactable

it works probably best when started 4 weeks before interferon from what we have seen in hcv trials and probably the same is for hbv.

but again we know that some hbv replication stimulates immune system so it is important to start ntz while replication is active

to judge hbsag lowering we need 1 or 2 years minimum, if you see interferon graphics we talk about 1-5 years minimum and 10 years for nucs
It is useless to use ntz?

since it has no sides and boost immune system without no direct action on hbv i think it is stupid not to try it whatever the situation.

i'd say it is usless as monotherapy except for inactive carriers with hbsag very low, hbvdna und, hbe neg
is it available in the Philippines?
i m 27 yrs old and HBV carrier for 4 yrs now

2006
HBsAg-rective
HBeAg-non reactive
SGPT 24U/L

2010
HBsAg-reactive
HBeAg-non reactive
SGPT-49 U/L

it said that the normal SGPT is 32 U/L for female and 42U/L for male mine is 49U/L and i m panic with result, what does this mean as my SGPT going UP. please help me and give me some advice to lower my SGPT. I m applying for a fiancee visa. does this affect my fiancee visa? need ur advice. TY
it said that the normal SGPT is 32 U/L
no normal is below 30 and with lowest liver related mortality lower than 20 for men
for women is always below 19

gpt going up can have many meanings not always related to hbv:
alcool, fat diet, steatosis (fat liver due to fat diet)
immune system clearing some infcted cells
virus infecting more cells
these test might help to understand:
hbsag quantitative in iu/ml, if lower than 1500-500iu/ml you have immune control of hbv and nothing to worry about
hbvdna pcr, will tell you the rate of virus replication which is not correlated with alt but if lower than 2000iu/ml is correlated with immune control

make a healthy diet without fat and fresh food as much as possible.you have never checked hbvdna so if this is higher than 2000iu/ml we can consider to check liver damage and therapy

alt has no menaing if hbvdna is high and you are not immune tollerant.normal alt and high hbvdna when not immune tollerant can have much liver damage.
there are hbv precore/core/core promoter that make liver damage with normal alt and promote liver cancer
anyone can explain my hbsag results
cut-off value 0.126
patience count 3.817 reactive. wht is my hbsag status? plz help
it means you are infected by hbv, it is a qualitative test not quantitative and the number does not reflect hbsag quantity

to know if hbv is active and making damage you must make all the tests described here:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=153
Hi.. my test result is hbsag reactive... is der any chance to turn it to negative..? pls advise, this make me stressed.. tnx... glad i found this site..;)
My lab result is...
Hbs Ag: Positive
Hbe Ag: non-reactive
I took Selbivo tablet for 3 months with the hope of making my Hbs Ag: negative... after 3 months I took a quantitive test and my result showed
Quantitative: 1503 and of course my Hbs Ag is still positive....and for it to be neagtive it should be less than 1. Any suggestions for my quantitative test to be less than 1?TNX!
My lab result is...
Hbs Ag: Positive
Hbe Ag: non-reactive

it is not possible to make hbsag negative, thinking to make negative by 3 months is absolutely only a dream, there are some conditions where chances are higher to ge thbsag negative but it takes many years not months

be very careful about sebvivo it is not a firstline hbv drug because it can make hbv mutations and resistance to all drugs very easily, it can be safe if hbvdna gets undetactable by 12-24weeks but there is no long term data on safety against hbv mutations so it is better not to use it, i suggest to change drug with tenofovir which is one of the first line drug for hbv and the most potent on mutated hbv strains, do not change all at once but combo for 2-3 months then discontinue sebvivo

in case hbeag is negative and hbsag<10000iu/ml nitazoxanide can lower hbsag and make it negative, it has very mild sides and you can combo with selbivo and tenofovir, check our posts about dose and way to take it, it is off label for hbv, check our alinia posts
Hi!I had my Anti Hbs quantitative test and the result is Positive(98.00 IU/L).what does it mean?is my vaccination still okey?or do i need again to be vaccinated?
im hbsag reactive...but i dont have liver problems etc...i remember i had hepa a when i was 9 yrs old but i was cured.now, im really confused why i am hepa b reactive...pls help...how to make it negative?
hey can i have your number to talk with you please reg hbs ag
helo i really need advice now...i am hsbAg positive i've know it last January 2011 and a repeat my test this November 2011...and i don't have any symptoms what should i do i am so worried about this and i am soo hopeless..my doctor said it stays on me and not curable...

My last result cut off is (1) and patients counts (4859)

Pls. send some advice
hi this is shyam here.. i would like to know is there any problem to go abrod for job with this Hbsag +ve specialy in Dubai or any Arab country.
can any body reply me or is there any way to hide this for a period of time or while having a medical check up.... or any other way to make it -ve