Hepatitis B Community
Cure with Tenofo-B??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Cure with Tenofo-B??

my hbv dna quantative is 3450 iu/ml ...im in what stage???and is tenofovir best medicine for this stage of medice???and how long its going to take cure .....?
Dna is not enough to tell about the stage, pst the other tests.
hbvdna is useless to define hbv infection status, you need fibroscan first of all and hbsag quantity, hbeag, ast/alt

hbvdna is complementary and only usefull during therapy

tenofovir doesn t cure hbv like all antivirals, they only stop liver damage so they are manily indicated on those with liver damage and not all with hbv infection

interferon is the only one to cure hbv but response is 7-10% during therapy and increases to 30% after therapy is stopped.sequential treatment by tenofovir first for about 3 years and interferon add on later for another 2 years of combo increases interferon response to 50% hbv clearance at 48weeks already

so if you want hbv cure you can use tenofovir 3 years and then add on interferon.using tenofovir without interferon add on can be useless if there is no liver damge

fibroscan is the only test/machine that can monito liver damage, blood tests and ultrasound cannot detect ANY liver damage

now you can understand if you get an ignorant doctor, a drug seller only "doctor", or a real expert dcotor.most are ignorant or just drug sellers
plz check your inbox...and calm down
MY hbsag quantity is 250. and im stasfied with my doctor because my sister had same problem a time ago and she was cured within months.and she was cured with lamivudine...is this best either?? and my doctor said that tenofovir is the best medicine at the time...im just totally confused about my disease...please help me around...

attention:
lamivudine is not an hbv drugs anymore, it just makes hbv untreatable mutants with only 0.1% cured which is less than those cured naturally 3% per year

hbsag cannot be 250iu/ml, it is the range of abbott architect without making diluition which is 250iu/ml, the values are in the thousands and not 250

tenofovir is the best drug to avoid liver damage but tenofovir used monotherapy has no effect on hbv, only used in sequantial combo therapy with interferon it can cure hbv

and how long its going to take cure .....?

tnofovir for about 3-5 years and then interferon add on for another 2 years, 50% clear.this is about 7 years therapy in total

the rest of patients: 10% no response and 40% slow response so maybe after these 7 years 40% go on clearing slowly on continued tenofovir mono
If your doctor is so good why are you seeking for our unproffesional advice:)))?

HbsAg 250 is suspesious result. 250 is the upper range of the analyser and it looks like they did not delute the sample. So most likely it is >250. Ask the lab if they deluted the sample, test again and if it is again exactly 250 they are cheating.

Tenofovir is the last generation drug, but you may need interferon treatment or combo, it all depends on your tests. You should do full liver panel all HBV markers, liver ultrasound and fibroscan. If your doctor prescribes you drugs without these tests he is an ignorant drug seller as many others.
i am totally confused now...i just dont knw what to do..im in pakistan and this country is totally upside down in treatment like this...interfeon treatment is recommended on highley diseased pateint of hepatatis c in here...and im the pateint of hepatatis b...so should i qiut or continue Tenofovir? My ALT is 55..
my HBV DNA PCR ( Quantative ) result is 3450iu/ml
HBV is a confusing disease as it has different phases. So far, all we know is that your hbvdna is 3450 iu/ml and ALT is 55. We don't know:
1. your HBeAg status, positive or negative?
2. what is your history, e.g. were you infected at birth? Most likely you were, as your sister has Hepatitis B too. What is your age?

It is most unlikely that your sister was cured by Lamivudine in just a few months UNLESS she was infected as an adult, had acute Hepatitis B, and had a full recovery as most adults do. Lamivudine was just incidental. Lamivudine is no longer used to treat Hepatitis B in most countries, so the opinion here is that don't use Lamivudine.

At the moment, there is no quick cure for chronic Hepatitis B.

Tenofovir and Pegylated Interferon are both first line drugs for Hepatitis B. Stef2012 had given you his recommendation on how to use Tenofovir first for several years and follow later on by Interferon to give you a 50% chance of a cure.

Tenofovir alone will allow you to control your Heaptitis B very well, however when you can stop taking Tenofovir is unknown at this stage.

Hepatitis B is a complex disease, but it is a perfectly manageable disease, do try to learn as much as you can instead of panicking unnecessarily.
I think that you should continue tenofovir as you have started it. You can add interferon later when hbsag goes below 1000. Read Stef2011 posts he is combo treatment guru.
Go for tenofovir till the time HBVDNA undetectable, It may take 6 months, then if Quant Hbsag below 1500 IU/ml at time undetectable HBVDNA you can add interferon, and monitor the HbsAg for 24weeks if HbsAg decreasing by half then continue interferon or else leave interferon and continue only tenofovir till HbeAg negative(in case of HbeAg positive at time of starting treatment) and Anti HBe positive..There is no time limitation of this treatment..It may take 2 yrs or 10 yrs.
Waqas Salam...

I am also from pakistan and for hbsag quantitative you should contact chugtai lab which is on jail road.....they do hbsag quantitative by abott archtect as steff2011 mention.....and if you start tenfo than dnt miss a single tablet now i think you should continue it ....
i am doing mein tests from zeenat lab..it is also 1 of the best in this country..so did u also had same disease? and did u had tenofo b? yeah i knw and im not missing it...plz be in touch
hmm yeh zeenat lab also trust able if they have hbsag qunat with abott archtct...and yes i m in same condition like you ..and now i m also on tenf since 20 days....check your inbox ...
i have hbsag qualative 3781 what should i do..? plz help me
Dear..
My HBV PCR result is 13000IU/ML. i am taking tenofo B how long it will take to recover,get undetected..