Hepatitis B Community
Current Status HBV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Current Status HBV

HBs Ag- Reactive(Positive), COI-6664, Method-ECLIA
ALT(SGPT)--29 U/L
Anti-HBe - Positive, SAMPLE OD-0.076, Cut-Off OD-0.701
HBe Ag - Negative, Sample OD-0.028, Cut-off OD-0.087
HBV DNA - Detected, 3054 Copies/mL (Test method-Real Time PCR based on TaqMan chemistry)
I am 35 year old male, was diagnosed HbsAg positive at the age of 21. I have not taken any medicine for HBV. All the test results are current. Please advice what should be my next course of action?Thank you.
Tags: hbv
Liver ultrasound
Fibroscan
Hbsag quantitive
Have done Liver ultrasound, Impression - Normal study.
According to your tests you do not need any treatment at the moment if you do not have fibrosis or cirrhosis in the liver. Ultrasound is not enough to tell this. Biopsy of fibroscan  is needed to check. Can you do Fibroscan?

Also you can test your hbsag quantity, if it is less than 1000 UI/ml you can try to clear the virus with interferon, while there is no 100% guaranty, that it will work.
I have met 2 doctors, one advised Evit-400mg one daily for 6 months and then come for follow up. The other one advise 1 Evit-200mg and 1 Calvimax daily for 4 months and then come back. They both said I am nearly a inactive carrier. My question is then should not they be focusing on killing the germs?
Please advise, thank you.
with existing drugs You cannot kill the germs without killing yourself , all current treatments have some sides and just suppress the virus and you do not need it because your virus is already quiet. Yes it is good to take vitamins because normally all HBVers have low vit B, D, E also glutathion and co-q10.
You can test yourself first for vits and oxidative stress, and then decide what to take.
The vits that you have been prescribed are too low of D3. Normaly min 2000iU of D3 is required.

Also take only natural vits like Solgar.

Why you did not do HbsAg quant? Are you in the US? It is very impotant test, it is not available in the US but you can send your blood to Europe or India to do it.