Hepatitis B Community
DOES Anti-HBe has an cure?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

DOES Anti-HBe has an cure?

my Anti-HBe is reactive 1.9 can i be able to treat it??how much does a vaccine cost?
Vaccine is useless for those who already infected with Hepatitis B. It can't cure you and it can't help you anymore if you are infected already.
im still in my acute stage. :D
Do you have your liver enzymes checked (ALT & AST) and Anti Hbc? You MAY be a candidate for treatment. Have a hepatologist or Infectious Medicine Doctor consult.
How did you know did you check your Anti Hbc Igm it is positive you are in acute stage but it is negative it is in chronic stage
My liver enzymes are all normal I'm healthy carrier for now it is not advisable to take antiviral drugs.
you have to see your doctor....so that he can give you some medication for your illness
it can cost to much but we have to accept my fact bro. that we have to cure our illness
right? so go a head you are to young you have to cure it. take care and God bless

my doc is giving me some medicine..he said that my hepa can be cure because its still developing..yea.thanks bro. Godbless you too.
yes, my anti hbc Igm is nonreactive what does it mean im in chronic stage?but my doc said im just a carrier he didn't say anything about it.i think i need to take another test :D
Good for you bro.take your ,medication.but your doctor said that you are now a carrier???? w/ hep b???as what you said to gav177???? is that true???
yes, bro. he said that im a carrier this is my Lab result

HBsAg - non reactive
Anti-HBs -non reactive
HBeAg -non reactive
Anti-HBe - reactive
Anti-HBc IgG - non reactive
Anti-HBc IgM - non reactive
Steve/old timers, you there? This seems to be a strange case...
update?
ok bro take care nalang be friendly to your liver
is it possible tha anti-hbc and anti-hbe reactive while HBsAG is non reactve?

yes if you test hbsag with old assays which cannot detect all hbsag mutants, just make test with abbott architect or even better with siemens

http://www.hbvadvocate.org/news/HBJ7.12.htm
Researchers Identify Lab Test That Detects HBsAg with Mutations
Mutations in HBsAg can cloak or hide HBV infection in donated blood or in patients undergoing lab tests for hepatitis B. Researchers have been trying to develop more sensitive tests that can identify HBV in blood, even when HBsAg mutations are present.

Recently, a team of European researchers tested 147 blood samples containing HBsAg with varying mutations with two generations of a commercial HBsAg test (Enzygnost® HBsAg 5.0 and 6.0, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products) to see which test was more effective.

The second test was more accurate in identifying HBsAg with mutations.

“The results showed that modifications in design of the assay (test) improved considerably the ability of the test to detect HBsAg mutants, and that difficulties in detecting such HBV variants should not be expected with the routine use of the test in diagnostic laboratories and in blood transfusion centers,” researchers wrote in the Journal of Medical Virology.

being in philippins you have only very old assays available, anyway just test hbvdna pcr/alt to follow your infection since 99% probability hbsag is in your blood being hbsab negative
"Researchers Identify Lab Test That Detects HBsAg with Mutations.
Mutations in HBsAg can cloak or hide HBV infection in donated blood or in patients undergoing lab tests for hepatitis B."

?! Does it mean that there actually can be an infected blood in the blood banks right now? Today? I find it very shoking,very scarry. Have I understood this correctly? -April.
?! Does it mean that there actually can be an infected blood in the blood banks right now? Today

yes if they check with old eclia methods and not with the new machines but i guess they do use the newest machines for that screening

Have I understood this correctly? -April.
yes you do

in my local hospital they even changed abbot architect with siemens, i guess that is the reason but also architect gets almost all variants

these hbsag mutants are rare but of course they might end up in blood donations, as to blood transfusions the best way is to use our own blood collected before operations and never use other blood except in emergency cases or hughe quantities needed