Hepatitis B Community
Detected Positive for Hepatitis B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Detected Positive for Hepatitis B

I have been detected + for HBV. Here are some of the Tests I have undergone with their results

1) HBeAg   Result -> Reactive
                  Test Value -- 2240          Ref Range >=1.20 is reactive
2)  LFT     SGPT ALT --60    IU/L
                Alkaline Phosphatase  108  IU/L
3)  HBV DNA Quantative PCR(L)
                 Result >170000000
The doctor has suggested me enteca 1mg for 4 month and go for interferon after 4 months.

Could someone interpret the results and let me know about my condition?

Narender

your doc is very updated, entecavir will rebuild immune response and interferon will boost it against hbv (entecavir alone is not active on hbv), this is a very good strategy

you might add nitazoxanide (nizonide500 from lupin), this is off label for hbv and on trials for hcv, this will boost immune response very much and you might eradicate hbv complitely.keep ntz both on etv and interferon, best dose is 1,5g or 2g every 6-7hours with food (48% fat in the meal you eat)

we have a ntz group and ntz+interferon is a bomb, it is active on hbsag/hbeag, the antigen that allows hbv persistance, and lowers it pretty fast, check community for alinia or nitazoxanide posts
interferon is weakly active on hbsag and active on hbeag seroconversion
etv is active on hbvdna only (etv can make hbe negative on long periods use, but it is not your case interferon is better)

your condition is cronic (chronic) hbv with liver full of virus, very high hbeag and very high hbvdna, your doctor made the best choice, probably he is not aware of ntz but it is better combo with it, it has no sides, on the contrary interferon can have very heavy sides or no sides but it is only 1 year therapy so it worths the sides