Hepatitis B Community
Did i need any vaccination for my coming wife while m infected with hep...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Did i need any vaccination for my coming wife while m infected with hep B ?

I m hepatitis B infected person. M also doing its treatment, taking Tacavir (Entecavir) tab. It’s a 1 yr course and third month is going on of this treatment.

My question is m going to be marrying, did i need any vaccination for my coming wife or there is no need?
use a condom until she have the antibody.

anyway, even if she has antibody from the first shot, it is mandatory to made all the shots for "memorisation" or long term immunisation.

10 UI/ml is the threshold used in the science literature, but @staf said that no claer study were made using this threshold, so some other consider the threshold  to be 100 UI/ml or 250 UI/ml (to be on the safe side).
She MUST get the vaccination inmediately after doing a blood test to check that she is not infected. Most vaccines consist on 3 shots. The first one as soon as she can, the second after one month and the third after 6 months. Then she must do a blood test to check that she has enough Antobodies for protection. Without doing this, is likely she will get infected.
So can we do sex during the vaccination period (6 month) or not? Or any suggestion to manage this as I have only 1 month before marriage.

you can have the shot and then check after 2 weeks if hbsab is higher than 10miu/ml

10 is already considered protective but since there are no clear studies on this just wait for titer to reach 250miu/ml at least

you may give some vitamin c, coq10 and vitamin e, they are reported to boost vaccine response but about 5% fail the vaccine so do check hbsab
@ stef2011 : can u plz explain a lil bit as i cant understand.

After the first vaccine dose:

If she has the value more then 10miu/ml then she will be safe and we can do?

Or wait until reach to 250miu/ml?

Tnx a lot all of u guys.

As i understand i need to complete all the three shots, and till then use condom even antibodies are reach to 250 UI/ml after first shot.

If the antibodies are 200 or 250 on completion of this vaccine then I can take out condom.