Hepatitis B Community
Do I have HBV?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do I have HBV?

I'm very confused by my recent test results. Do I have hepatitis B? I thought I had recieved the vaccine a little under 9 years ago. Here are my results:

Hepatitis B Surface Ag: Repeatedly reactive

HBsAg confirmation: Non reactive

Hep B Surface AB: <0.50 Unit: IV

Please help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sorry I don't know, but hopefully someone else will read your post and answer you. HR (a doctor) always helps with questions when he visits the forum. I'm sure you'll have an answer soon.

wish you the best.
Blank
Your results are puzzling. It could be a lousy, faLSE POS PRONE SURFACE ANTIGEN test that shows the true negativity only after confirmation,
or
it could be a state of ongoing surface antigen/antibody seroconversion, where extremely low surface antigen levels can be present.

The solution to this question lies in the HBV total core IGg test (HBV anticore AB total/IGg). If that is neg then it is the former. If it is pos then it is the latter.
Blank
Thanks so much for answering my question. I really appreciate it. My doctor wouldn't say anything beyond "You need another test" so I was very confused.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...