Hepatitis B Community
Do I have hepatitis B??? please help me

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Do I have hepatitis B??? please help me

Ten months ago I had unprotected sex with a friend who told me he'd been vaccinated for Hep B.  However, he'd only been vaccinated about four years ago.  I never thought much about the possibility of being infected with the disease until I went to see the doctor last week.
Here are my symptoms...
In November I began to feel nauseous and developed a very sharp pain just above my left breast.  This only lasted a few days.  Since then I've had the same pain in my chest a few times more, and I've also felt nauseous a few more times.  Anyways, upon visiting my doctor, he initially suggested that it might be my gallbladder.  It seemed possible because I've also been having a slight bit of pain under my right ribcage.  However, any pain I have had seems to occur hours after eating(4 or 5 hours).  When I told the doctor I'd also experienced a fair bit of weight loss in the last few months he told me it may be a liver problem.  I'm being sent for blood work next week and I'm FREAKING out that it might be hepatitis.  What do you think?   Let me just add that the guy I slept with was the only person I've ever had sex with.  At this point, if it is hepatitis, it's chronic :(   What do you think?
don t worry as an adult hbv is mostly a benign illness, it clears 98% times without any damage to the liver (acute hbv makes no fibrosis) or any drug needed

it is a very slow infection but the active phase is only a couple of months, 1 to 3, while the window period to start the infection is very long from as little to a couple of weeks to 6 motnhs, and also clearance of hbsag is slow from a couple of months to a year (usually within 6 months)
hbsag make sno dmage and is not infectious, it is just the surface antigen of the virus to protect the core and escape immune system in the cronic (chronic) carriers

anyway you  need to check for the real dangerous viruses like hiv and hcv besides hbv, in case hbv is negative make hbv and hav vaccine so you will be protected from both hbv nad hav
If he was really vaccinated he should be safe from contracting HBV so this would mean you could not get something he didnt have. if he is your friend have him test for HBsab to see if he is protected if he is so were you, but get vaccine soon and stop worring.

You should test for HIV as well after 3 months

Always use condoms EVEN with friends!

Hope this helps