Hepatitis B Community
Doc prescribed me Tenofovir..hesitant

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Doc prescribed me Tenofovir..hesitant

For those of you using Tenofovir...can you give me your opinions about the drug?

I hardly even take IBUPROFEN, so I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that once I start taking this drug, I'll have to continue taking it FOREVER.

My biopsy returned with results stating my liver was stage 3 of 4...so I'm probably going to need to do something about it...

I guess what I'm looking for more than anything else is for some blessed assurance.
My biopsy returned with results stating my liver was stage 3 of 4

ur close to cirrhosis, tnf has no sides and if you dont take it ur life will be a risk from cirrhosis and increased liver cancer risk which will stay higher once cirrhosis stage has arrived

the only sides on less than 1% patients that had kidnesy already damaged (there are no ways to know if kideneys are damaged already), you have to monitor creatinine weely first month and then monthly first year and you will know
hbv makes damage to kidneys too whenit reaches cirrhosis or seevere fibrosis, it did on me too

vitamin d level to 50-60ng/ml by supplements, sun or sunbed, you will find them deficent (>95% hbver are).this will prevent loss of mineral density due to ur damaged liver and hbv and tnf

if your kidneys cnnot tollerate tnf because previously damaged entecavir is the best choice although less little potent

also be informed about ur state ur liver has severe fibrosis there is no possible side worst than this but anyway these drugs have no sides 99,9% times, i dont remember a post of relevant sides here
thanks, that was very helpful.

This wholel situation is a big blow to the face, and one hit after another just makes me feel really out of control and hopeless of the situation. I am not looking forward to taking this for the rest of my life, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...