Hepatitis B Community
Does HBsAG Count means the number of Virus in my Blood?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I was diagnose with HBV seven years ago, My HBsAg count is 3000+ then, the after years it was reduced to 2000+, then 400+ then 300+.

Now my HBsAg count is 214.0 (cut off value 2.000)

Question :
1. Does this count signify the number of hepa virus in my blood / liver?
2. If the time comes that my HBsAG count reaches a NON reactive value, does it mean that Im already cleared with Hepa and I can apply abroad, and other Hepa test is no longer needed?
3. Does a person who was cleared of Hepa B, safe of getting re-infected or he / she is now immune from HepaB (even when having sex with a Infectious Hepa B patient)?

Mike (from Philippines)

no that's not your hbsag count, that's an old assay to trash these days because too old that gives the reagent number used n the assay, not your hbsag count.it is criminal to still use these 20-30 years old assays which cant count hbsag and can t detect all forms of hbsag.this is also criminal because the patients are foulled it is the hbsag number, as you can see the number has no unit a number without unit cant count anything

if you make it with the assays available since years 2000-2004 called abbott architect you have aresult in iu/ml and that tells you hbsag quant.hbsag is the quantity of transcriptional cccdna but it is not important to know too complicated for you (old posts explains it all) what it means we all know that hbsag negative is hbv cleared so it is normal that the lower hbsag the closer to cure

yes

immune for life, no reinfection

philippines, US and canada are missing all tests.you need to move to india, china, europe, singapore etc to have all tests
march 10,2014 i have a medical and the result is im reactive in HBsAG 4.164.23,please help me to understand what this no.means and what should i do?please!thanks in advance,godbless us
the number has no unit, or at least you reported no unit here in the post, so the number has no meaning and is uselss both number and test