Hepatitis B Community
Does this mean I don't have Hep B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Does this mean I don't have Hep B?

I had a small risk exposure to hepatitis B 7 months ago
I had a test a 10 days, 6 weeks, and 3 months and 1 week and all came back negative/ nothing on the blood test

I had another test the other day, just waiting to get results back

I also had my hepatitis B vaccinations 3 months after the possible exposure

As 3 months had passed and not even the anitgen showed on my blood test, is it more than likely that I did not contract Hepatitis B?
I will be going for my results soon but I am really worried and just wanted some advice

The area near my ribs/liver has been hurting the last week, but I don't know if this is because I am anxious and worried

Any help would be great

--Very likely.
Really after 3 months I don't know why you tested again.  Hep B is found in the blood and tests are very accurate due to this even at 6 weeks.  
thank you both for your advice
I tested at 7 months because they said the window period was 6 months and I held back thinking 3 months was ok, but it is just to make sure :S
My test came back positive about 4 months after exposure.  I thought I was "out of the woods" after I had tested negative twice (1st test around 4 weeks after exposure, second around 8 weeks) but got hit with the bad news on the third test which was around 16 weeks.  So, I'm assuming that between the 8 week test and the last one I took is when the surface antigen made it's grand appearance...oh well.  I do believe the test should be done monthly up to six months just to be on the safe side, everyone's body is different.