Hepatitis B Community
Effect of artemisinin/artesunate as inhibitors of hepatitis B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16122816

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18699744

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/47/6/804.full

i found artesunate is used by many patients for other viruses since it has braod antiviral specturm, i will check with them safe doses (should be same as for malaria treatment) and experienced sides.
alt/ast must be stricly tested weekly or monthly to detect any liver damage for those with normal alt/ast and this compound must be avoided in case of severe liver damage/fibrosis/cirrhosis
interesting. who knows it may emerge like ntz emerged.

and my another opinion is that as ntz reduces hbsag rapidly, it gives hope to us. if researchers made a very thorough study on it and its compound, definitely they can make it even very potent to clear hbv.

both ntz and artesunate available for other diseases, we have to try them ourselves and make all the blood tests as in a trial (pretty easy to do), nobody is going to invest on hbv research, too much money and no pay back.
ntz, gcmaf loo the most promising

as you can esily notice research is stopped since 2005 when entecavir appeared on the market with nosense price, no new drugs since then, they are not going to move a penny until 2017 when patents will expire and indian generics will get all the market.

the drug industry is just business nothing to do with curing people

http://www.malaria-ipca.com/artesunate.html

i though this drug might have heavy sides but it looks like it has no relevant sides...maybe it is not easily found because low cost (drug developped and used from a long time in china).it is the most potent against malaria
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/poverty-matters/2010/nov/15/malaria-treatment-new-drug-artesunate

in fact that is the case.what a shame letting people dye because of big pharma business, the more i see the more i think something should be done against this unmoral business
So have you tried artemisinin? What about the dose you think we need per day?
i did not try it, a member is trying it since few months because he is in asia and this malaria treatment is available

i dont think it can work but it worths try it under medical monitoring
Have you get news on this ? Nvp018 get fund from big pharma usd 150 m yo develop the oral drugs... when it will establish ?
It have been in phase 3 in europe.. it mean that if big pharma also have give fund of 150 m dollar it should be establish in a soonest date right ???? I hope and really hope... veteran, do you have any info ?
Are you saying that  nvp018 is artemisinin?

There are reports that people infected with malaria thatvwere treated for it also have lost hbsag.
http://www.biocentury.com/products/nvp018

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0081783

A team that create sovosbufir or sovaldi now create a cure drugs for hbv using npv018 and i bet it will success as the creator is the philadelpia research team that create sovaldi... but the sad thing is it will going to phase 1 on 2015... it will be very long way to establish in market
I am taking artesunate 200mg tab twice daily (400mg/day) from last  22 days along with peginterferon for hbv. Yesterday after 2 days of my 8th inj of IFN I had high grade fever and 1episode of vomiting after which fever disappeared. Now this was the first vomit I had during IFN therapy but previously also 2-3 times I felt vomit but subsided.
The question is which drug to blame IFN or artesunate. I am also taking nitazoxanide and tenofovir.
My sgpt and sgot gradually rose to 95iu/ml during IFN therapy till date.  Again whom to blame artesunate or IFN?
actually its the immune system to blame to peginterferon response, i dont know artesunate well but this is common side effect of peg

i think you are having a big response, it is not always true that the worst symptoms equal hbsag decline/clearance but if it is ok with your doctor keep this combo.

remember to take paracetamol at least 1hr before the injection, this was guidelines we received at my hospital since fever is bad on start of therapy, if you are not taking paracetamol the nausea/vomit may be due to the fever

what does doctor say about it?

you are close to the 12 weeks point then hbsag will tell us if you are having a good response and probability of hbsag clearance end of therapy
if you are not taking paracetamol this is common sides effect, at first injection i had over 39° fever even if i took paracetamol, in the following days i took ams paracetamol dose allowed to keep fever at 38° (it did not go down), all the following weeks i took paracetamol before injection so i avoided that fever hell

at 12 weeks i was not using paracetamol anymore because i had low fever like 37-37.8°
please update about your combo hbsag results, it will be interesting to all, a very potent combo
chronic hbv is cleared ina percentage of about 3-4% per year on its own, plus we have drugs to clear hbv, it is not needed to take herbs
We are happy that you've cleared, congratulations ! :) But without tests during any thereapy you can not prove it was the effect of the drug or just spontaneous seroconversion like Stef mentioned above.
Maybe you had acute and not chronic
show us those tests you've made during those years
I wonder y no one is asking the names of those herb from john.. If possible tell the name of that herb or caps. I too am taking herbs but don't think they do much. I ve Ayurveda professors too after all m from land of ayurved. I took them for more than a year and then started definitive therapy of IFN and TNF. I am still taking them but don't know about their effect as Steff says they may promote or even hinder. I ve left everything on almighty.
M on every possible thing I know and I could access. Steff said to me to take gcmaf but unfortunately money factor and secondly my country India where they don't market it, made it inaccessible.
Here at this place I have learnt to live with positivity and got so many friends to share the common sorrow, the small monster, and to keep on fighting. Steff words give big strength and  directions that can b relied worth fully. Though everyone has their own decisions.
John with all respect i do really wish it was that easy but it isn't. Other members if you really want to beleive this and dream go for it and prove it helped you then i will appologize to john in front of everyone but as of now i think there is no known herbal that will cure period
Steff I have some medical knowledge, yes u r right I should keep PCM aside but my friend only on my own thoughts I planned right from beginning to take the pain and not to subside the fever by PCM rather on its own becoz it's the inflammatory response we need and that's what is lacking. Hence let the inflammation proceed and do its work. Till date I took just one PCM tab during therapy.
Yesterday I took ondenseteron, an antiemetic to control that vomit, it stopped it for about an hour but eventually it happened and none cud stop it ha ha ha.
My appetite is shunted taste has turned bitter though no fever today. I've lost weight too.
One pathologist told me not to do IFN as I will never seroconvert as may be I have childhood acquired infection. But I think it is due to that careless dentist in 2007. Any ways I am doing this coz I want to give myself every chance and don't want to regret later. Rest everything on god.
Steff surely I'll keep on updating my whole experience throughout the time. Let's hope I can bear the remaining doses of dreadly pegifn 2b.
Doctor here told me to continue TNF just to avoid resistance on discontinuing it and not due to its more potency on combo he he.
Rest all other things m taking off label, unprescibed.
Ntz, artesunate, sim40mg bd, vit d, herbs, homeo herbs, vit c b a e,zinc, selenium, cobalt,arginine.
by the way l-arginine has nausea vomit sides at doses over 15-20g per day, i experienced that taking the dose all at once, now i take samll doses 8g many times a day reaching a tot of about 30g, no sides this way
I just take one cap l arginine daily. That's not too much.
John u can tell us the names of the herbs written on the wrapper of the cap if u don't want to tell the name of the company or the cap directly. Just name the herbs or composition.
we are still waiting to see all your tests results scans during therapy
You should be ashamed of yourself to come here and give false hope for hbv members. Now you know it or not you are causing them emotional damage by giving them a false hope. You say you are busy to write the name of the medecine but you can write a full page talking about how it healed you? If you are looking to make fast money then this is the wrong place to start. Again you should be ashamed of yourself and i really have no words to say to you or to anyone who use our weakness for looking to cure ourselves by offering false information
Fair enough if other known members get cured of it then i owe you a big apology in front of everyone. This herb is available widely in africa and asia and i wonder why nobody is cured there and it has the highest rate of hbv?
Did any one read this- metformin supresses hbsag and hbv. Now q is can a non diabetic person take it?? Highly risky, or can take it with food so that hypoglycaemia do not occurs. What say guys? Here's the link
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24164660/?i=4&from=/24746457/related