Hepatitis B Community
Elevated WBC

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Elevated WBC

Hi! End of Jan 2013, i was still in the acute stage of hepa b. 13 April 2013 - IGM non reactive. I am still considered in acute stage? How is elevated WBC related to hepa b? Does this mean my immune system is fighting off the virus?

Hbsab neg
Hbeag neg
Hbeab pos
Viral load as of end Jan 2013 is 580iu/ml
you are doing wrong tests, you need:
hbsag quantitative by abbott architect (it has highest sensibility) but if negative you can still use the obsolete qualitative you have used already
hbsab quantitative, when hbsab is high like 200-1000miu/ml you are ok

hbvdna will get to und as hbsab rises
My result says hbsab <10. what is this?
it is that you have not yet developped antibodies against hbv and if you dont develop these antibodies by 6-12 months you are chronic

without hbsag quantification we dont know if the infected cells are almost cleared and you are going to develop the antibodies soon, so you better get hbsag in iu/ml as soon as possible.there is also a rare possibility hbsag mutated and the obsolete not quantitative tests cannot detect mutants, so it is negative because the test is trash......but this is very rare

also change your diet, increase vitamin d3 blood levels to vitd25oh 80-90ng/ml, take liposomal vitamin c from livon labs and if availabl e take zadaxin all this will develop high hbsab
to sum up have hbsag quantification in iu/ml by abbott architect or roches elycsys as soon as possible and we will know in detail if infected cells are almost cleared and if immune system is about to develop full immunity by hbsab
Stef, does elevated wbc related to antibodies?
no the number of immune cells is totally useless, the potency of an immune system is due to the quality of the response and not to the number of immune cells.in the case the quality of immune response is good high wbc is good

what is the time since the infection started?be aware i takes at least 6months to clear hbsag and only after hbsag is cleared we may see hbsab.

if we want to use ipothesis:
you are probably clearing hbv and hbsag and hbsab are now in a balance, the antibodies are all occupied to make hbsag neg, in a short time hbsab shoudl win and become detectable.....if you take 5-8 bags of livonlabs liposomal vit c per day this will boost response/hbsab antibodies if the infection is acute, the same thing by using vitd3 5000 to 10.000iu daily to make serum levels 80-90ng/ml
I suspect during an acupuncture i had last october 11, 2012.  My thought is that end of jan 2013 it was acute with viral load 580iu/ml. but after 2mos hbsag is still reactive. Hopefully this is the month with high wbc, meaning my immune system is fighting the infection and will produce hbsab. Is it possible even without symptoms?

where can i get this livonlabs liposomal vit c?
hbsag still positive now and hbcab igm negative?sorry i read first post but consfused reading hbsab neg with hbsag neg

if so it is chronic but if you have no previous tests you were chronic already from birth or very young

since the chances are you were chronic already (if no previous neg tests) you better have a fibroscan to know if your liver is healthy or not and hbsag quant in iu/ml, according to these tests treatment can be choosen or avoided
vit c not necessary if we have no previous neg tests, on chronic hbv vit c doesnt help while vit d3 helps reduce liver damage, prevents cirrhosis and liver cancer, boost peginterferon response
Stef, 2mos ago hbcab igm was reactive so doctor told me i am in the acute stage.

Last 13 april it is no longer reactive. Still hbsag pos, hbeag neg, hbeab pos
, high wbc..
ok then we have the highest probability it is acute, hbsag quant can tell where you are if otwards clearance or towards chronic
It could not be long time since i even donated blood 3 years back. My husband as well donated blood last september 2012. btw, hubby got infected but cured with hbsab. so i suspect contracted it last october 2012. After 6mos which is april, hbcigm abs non reactive, hbcabs (total) is reactive.
try to boost immune system as i suggested in previous posts and then follow hbsag quantity to know what s going on
Hi Magda.  Don't worry.  I got infected in Sep 2011.  Last test in 2/2013 showed a HBSab + = 3 ui.  I have not eliminated the virus so I am not cured but It's better than nothing !!  I am fighting against it !!  who knows maybe one day i will win fight.  getting infected as un adult is not as bad as being as a child.

I just wanted to tell you that according too my doctor It is up to one year to create HBSab so U have time !!  It is important not to stress and be fine in your mind so your boddy will fight efficiently !
Despite negative hbcab igm now, it is still acute? Again it was reactive last end of jan.. I've seen a graph that hbsab will start to rise after 6months from infection. I am right?
as i posted before it is extremely easy to know what is going on by hbsag quantity tests because:

chronic carriers have hbsag quant in the thousands range, mostly 5000iu/ml to 250.000iu/ml

immune control has less than 1000iu/ml (genotype a-d), hbvdna less than 2000iu/ml

if you are still acute and clearing your hbsag must be less than 1000iu/ml if higher you have zero immune control and it is going towards chronicity, you can also do 2 tests onemonth aprat and if results are stable or rising again it is chronic, if they are slowly on the decline in the 1000iu/ml raneg acute and clearing
Haven't tested hbsag yet but hbvdna is 580iu/ml.
Does hbv dna say something? and elevated wbc?
Sure you will win the fight! did you take some supplements to help with antibodies like astragalus or beta glucan?
no hbvdna is totally useless to see if you are clearing hbv even if undetectable it means nothing, it is never undetectable in the liver until hbsag und and hbsab high

antibodies like astragalus or beta glucan?
yes, useless, on chronic hbv immune system is controlled and suppressed by hbv, only pegintf has effect
No I did not take anything.  Just balance diet, proper exercice and positive thinking.  I have been very surprised of seing my acute HEP b to become cronic (chronic) and never seen a case like mine (not even liver enzimes above normal levels , not even high viral load !!)  what made me feel so afraid at the begining but..........what tha hell I am a worrior I will defeat this virus one way or another !! .  I wish u the best optimistic approache !
you may try Maitake Mushroom Extract which is known to increase your own interferon production, it also has betaglucans, if your hbsag is lower than 1000iu/ml and if the mushroom makes enough intf this will help you clear, if hbsag is high no way it can work because hbv is able to block intf effect and it does
concerned about high ALT & AST...

taking sevibo for 1 yr then i decided to undergo pegintf.
stop taking sevibo for 1 month then started the mono pegintf.

before taking sevibo
HBV Viral load 640M copies/ML

after 1 yr of sevibo
HBV Viral load is 37 iu/ml

before pegintf:
HBsAg II Quantification 1,392 iu/ml
HBV Viral Load 37 iu ml

results- 24 weeks of  Pegintf
HBV Viral load is <6 iu/ml or 35 copies/ml
HBsAg II Quantification 314.90 iu/Ml

I understand the result is good.

what worries me is the consistent  high ALT
and SGOT result is high also (although test done once only after 24wks of pegintf)

ALT 64.60        (declining results)
SGPT 42.11    

i have mild fibrosis result before pegintf .
what will be the effect of consistent high alt in my liver?
I am now making shiitaki soup every other day.

Steff, does it matter during acute stage if hbeag - and hbeab +? is this good or bad?
What was your hbsag quant before and now? Are you hbeag -/+? at least you have developed antibodies. I think you just have to boost more your immune system. Do you have supplements?
No I did not take anything.  Just balance diet, proper exercice and positive thinking.

What is your balance diet? No supplements? Thx Garbanzo.
Hello. I am hbe ag -ve and hbe ab +.  I have not made HBSag quant.  Why?? becouse my doctor Told me it is useless in my case. He told me It is usefull if I go for treatement. With no fibrosis at all and viral load of 110 IU he told me there is no need to go for traitement right now....... he told me I WOULD have SIDES  and he prefer to watch it closely.  I trust my doctor I live in France and i've been told he is good one.

For me balanced diet is mediterranean food with olive oil,fruits,  lot's of salads, vegetables and never industrial things or bad meat industrially treated. Well anyway I have had very bad luck becoming cronically and my HBS ab = 3 UI r just not enought.  Better than nothing I suposse that means my Inmune System is working a little.
Well I took some immune system booster this winter with probiotics.  It is called BION 3 but I don't even know if that's good quality staff or if it has had impact on my HBS ab creation. As well some vitamin c natural staff.  
The high ALT is correlated with your good results - it means fighting off the infected cells inside liver. It will go down after you clear HBsAg - which you are doing judging on your good results.

Please post back your results after you finish your 48 week treatment.

If our HBsAg is high you may need treatment anyway - according to some new studies around the net having low HBV DNA does not mean no liver damage or low risk of HCC ( D genotype the HCC risk is the same despite low DNA)

And if its low then you should try Interferon to try and clear HBsAg totally.

Which doctor you go to ? I saw some presentation by a doctor in Paris - Creteil - looking at his presentation it looked that he is very updated maybe try that ?
Stef, you've mentioned previously that mushroom is contraindicated or is bad for the liver.
some mushroom are dangerous for the liver so it is best to avoid them in the diet unless you are very very very sure of the type of mushroom because some types are even beneficial and some boost intf production like maitake

Steff, how about shiitaki mushroom? Any idea?
Stef, just a further need of clarification. If hbcab igm is was positive 3mos back, and is now negative. What does it mean? this will be negative after 6mos if chronic, right? In my case, do i still have the chance to clear within the next months? As i read and seen in a graph that hbsab will appear after 6mos from infection.
you may hae a slow response on hbsag, today we have hbsag quantification so they found many clear hbsag slowly by 12 months.the only way to know is 2 hbsag quant tests one month aprat so we can see how it is declining and understand when it will be cleared

hbcabigm can become neg after 6 months but you may still be clearing hbsag