Elivated SGOT and SGPT
Hi Friends,

Recently that is on 2nd of this month my brother went for a routine health checkup.Surprisingly he found that his SGOT/SGPT values are elivated to 82/139 and platelet count is 1.28 lakh. He repeated the test after 3 days the values came douwn to 78/83 and platelet count 1.30 laks my doc also suggested to do PT and even this PT came to be 18.5 and INR as 1.35. Note that when i had my liver function test 6 months back everything was normal. Not sure what's wrong now. I tested for HepB and C both are non reactive My doctor suggested me to take hepa merz,ursocol,pantoid and a-z and he is also suggesting for liver ultrasound though i have done it as a part of my health checkup and which shows normal liver studies. He's also asking for endoscopy and liver biopsy. Please help me in this regard not surehis treatment is on right path with this? Thanks in advance!
Maybe he has fatty liver?  Check in the liver disorders section. Its good to get everything checked out for your brother to find out why his ALT is elevated.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply! His Scan report does not suggest anything related to Fatty liver. Also he's not overweight. his height is 5.8 in and his weight is 64 KG.