Hepatitis B Community
Entcavier 0.5mg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Entcavier 0.5mg

Hello my savers today I visited with my 8kpa fibroscan result to my Hepatologist after a some time discussion she prescribed for me entcavier 0.5mg, so friends I just have a quick question what are the side effects of this drug & when is the best time to take it? Appreciate!
& I would love to hear more information about this antiviral treatment from guys. Appreciate again.
for me, i have taken it for 5 years . i dont feel any side effects at all.
me too, 7th year with no side effect.
Ahhhh terrywillbeok you know what happened today, my prescription was 0.5mg of entecavir but the KP pharmacist gave  me a 1mg entecavir and she told me to cut it in to two halfs & your post helped me after asked her the dose she gave me a little equipment where you can cut the pill into two halfs.
lol mine too. i have 19 more left on the entecavir 0.5. I am so scared to use 1mg. but i already terminated KP insurance yesterday. I have no insurance atm T_T
I dont have that epuipment to cut it........ they are very nice to you =D
Use 0.5 mg of entacavir, 1 mg is used for those who developed resistance from another drug. Avoid cutting process of entacavir 1mg u will not get equally dose daily it will harm u
If you feed yourself well, there is not any side affect
she and i have no choices . we have to get 1gm. or terminate the insurance company....i dont wanna take it at all , i hope on monday i can get a good news from the insurance company i need to see a doctor asap 18 regular pills left for me..
1mg makes no difference it is ok, no sides even at that dose

while potency is about same, it failed to work on resistant patients, only tenofovir works on any resistance and is the most potent especially on hbsag.

clearance of hbsag by tenofovir is reported to happen at 17years while 50% of patients are below 1000iu/ml by year 5 already

that is a good news for me , i have to take that 1mg soon in 18 days later^_^.
Check about tdf effect on hbsag (very few studies about it) and consider a switch to it
it has also less potential sides on mitocondria after decades of use
Stif2011 I already started taking the entecavir cutting into two halfs, do you think i have to stop that & start taking the whole 1mg with out splitting it in two? I am so scared taking of more dose might harm to the condition of F2 stage I have. Appreciate your help.
I dont think it is a good idea to take whole pil 1gm.cuz u have 45pils , that is not enough for 90 days.   Just cut it to half and take it . if u are scared , change to aother hospital ( I did that ).
that s a big problem of yours, those pills are made not to be cut on purpose by drug maker and they even made a shape of the pill to make it even less homogeneous to cut it

in the instructions in the box of etv that i dont use anymore it is said not to cut