Hepatitis B Community
Faith result of hepatitis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Faith result of hepatitis

After yr.s of pain and sleeplessness was dianosed of hepatitis on 15-09-2011, lab result on 3-10-11 shows LFT result normal with alt been 14, AST 20 and hbsag value 747.67iu/ml, hbeag-, hbeab+, hbcigm-, hbcigG**+, hbsab-, my Dr. says i'm chronic but i've seroconverted so no medicine, on 12-09-12 hbsag value 700.78iu/ml change  a Dr. and lab result on 29-11-2012 shows viral load 11872iu/ml, 69095cp/ml, put on lamivudine 100mg for 3 months, lab result on 12-03-13 shows viral load 159iu/ml, 925cp/ml ask to continue with the lamivudine for another 3months before viral load test, i will do  the test 2 weeks time, but since then i've not check the hbsag value, God in me, amen, believe, faith.  
Good luck to you.  I hope you do well.

change doctor right away, lamivudine is not a first line hbv drug anymore because it made only virus mutations, it is too weak and just worsen hbv infection to extremely dangerous mutants

the only hbv drugs are: tenofovir (most potent no resistance), peginterferon (no resistance, the only one to cure hbv in a low percentage), entecavir (this cannot be used if lamivudine was used because of the mutants)

monitoring hbvdna is only useful for confirming drug is working or not, it means nothing to hbv infection, only hbsag quantity can show if infection is clearing

with a baseline value of hbsag around 700iu/ml the best drug to cure hbv and clear definitively was peginterferon or peginterferon plus tenofovir.get a real liver specialist as soon as possible and change drug to peginterferon or tenofovir, your only choice, you cannot use entecavir after using lamivudine
I've also just stared taking heptovit, but with lamivudine i'm afraid of the widrawal symtoms (symptoms). Perginterferon has side effects
GL with your treatment. Looks like your ALT and AST is already low.

BTW, where do you get the heptovit products? Can I get a link. Cheers.
@musthinkpositive, whats GL and BTW. I will go to the dr. in 2 weeks, but i'm still taking lamivudine+heptovit.
That's Good Luck and By the Way. Where did you get the Heptovit products? Thx.

My dr prescribe it, n i buy it's only around $15. U can check it online. Before then the dr. wrote lamivudine and hepantivite but the pharmacy shop mistakely gave me lamivudine and hepantivir which i took for 3months b4 my viral load came down to 159iu/ml.
just for the readers lamivudine is out of guidelines as first line hbv drug, and complitely out of guidelines in most advanced countires for hbv almost a decade
it should never be used on hbv, among the mutants there are some that are not curable even if hbsag becomes negative, hbvdna und and normal ast-alt
Pls dr. Which one will just be good, because i feel stoping medication and take it like normal for hbsag to be negative naturally. What about hepantivir which i still hv a full parket.
Yep, give us an update on your HBSAG in 2 weeks time. Which country are you from where Dr can prescribe Heptovit products?
I'm from west africa, hv just done the viral load today. Hoping good Result in God's name i pray, Ameen.
you have to look for tenofovir which is a drug used for hiv too so you should have it in west africa too

no antiviral clear hbsag, they just stop hbv replication and liver damage
My heb b viral load is undetected using Roche Tagman assay lower limit of detection 9 iu/ml

hbvdna undetected means nothing, all antivirals make hbvdna und by time but all develop resistance,  you have to use tenofovir to avoid resistance and lower hbsag, hbsag loss should happens in about 2 decades by tenofovir
Yes the dr. is not around 2 do the hbsag test, but i also belief by now i will be negative, b'cos it's long since i was 700iu/ml, for the sake of doubt i bought livolin forte today, b/4 the dr. comes.
you understood nothing about hbv, it takes decades to clear hbv and hbsag by tenofovir while it will never be cleared by other antivirals which likly make resistance
hbvdna means nothing to clearance of hbv and only tenofovir is safe as close as possible to no resistance
the only way to clear hbv fast is peginterferon add when, like in your case, hbsag is less than 1000-1500iu/ml.antivirals are very very very slow even when hbsag is 100-400iu/ml
What about the immune system own interron + good diet and mined.
I've gone for the hbsag test, hp a negative result and positive antibodies in God's name i pray Amen.
That's what I am trying to study about. Hep B is an immune disease. Most people gets rid of it with their immune system unless you are born with it or got it in early childhood. IFN is recommended by most dr because they know most people are not stringent about their diet and will not cut down smoking/alcohol/fast food.

Weird that even West Africa do HBsAg value and not Australia or USA.

My body is giving me an indication that there is no foreign material in it.
Congratulations waschool! We are happy for you. Pray for all of us to be cured. How much count of hbs antibodies you got?
Aii, kind of surprice, my hbsag has just risen to 808.07 iu/ml from 700iu/ml, what might happen.  
Bad luck dude. Although your HbsAg is still quite low. I think you need high ALT for it to decrease. Although Stef SA has been decreasing with normal ALT. So it's a mystery.

@stef2011, pls i need ur help on this strange result.
@musthinkpositive even before i was put on treatment, hbsag was around 700iu/ml all of a sudden 800.07. What can i do to eradicate hbsag. I'm stoping all medication till dr. Is around.
that is normal, antivirals have no effect on hbv they just lower replication and liver damage but the number of infected cells rise....so at begining hbsag can elevate a little

if you are using entecavir change it to tenofovir, i also started with entecavir and hbsag only rose, tenofovir has more activity on hbsag but keep inmind you need at least:
1 year on tdf with hbvdna fully und, better 2 or 3 years if possible
1 year of pegintf add on

this is the only way to clear hbsag today
@stef, may God bless you, u mean perginterferon + add or perginterferon only.
no add on

even pegintf monotherapy might work for you but now you are hbvdna und and it is best you keep with the add on sequence.give at least 2 years of hbvdna und so you ll be sure the add on will work
I've just taking last capsule of both lamivudine + heptovit. U also mean i should continue with lamivudine and add perginterferon?
Is this related 2 lamivudine resistance/mutants, pls help.
I know this disease is very stress and time consuming. You think about it all the time. I do too as well. But definitely you must try and live a healthy lifestyle and try to boost your immune system by all avenue. As long as you do all the right thing like not stressing your liver, quit smoking, stop alcohol and no junk food. Also, try to eat all the food your liver loves.

It's hard for it to disappear overnight but maybe with some hard work and some medicine (western or herbal), it will progress towards a positive outcome, slowly but surely.

Definitely LAM is not the anti-viral you want. TDF should be ranked #1 in anti-viral.

Do you experience any symptoms?
Never take alcohol nor smoke, i also drastically reduced my oily intake. Never experience any pain and nothing, will be seeing the dr. Come monday.
take tenofovir as soon as possible otherwise you just worsen taking lam ending with higher hbsag and possible mutants, tenofovir is active on all mutants

how long is hbvdna und?if about 2 years you may add on peg
For now i'm not taking any medicine, waiting 2 see the dr tomorrow, planning discussing peginterferon treatment alone, any help stef.
no stopping antivirals suddenly without taking a new one will ruin everything plus pegintf monotherapy has 7% hbsag clearance which is nothing, so you are wasting your time and money if you go this way

the only way to make it work is hbvdna und by tenofovir 1-2years and then peg add on, this way hbsag clearance is 50%, note even in this case the clearance is 50% and not 100%
stopping lam all at once also put you at risk of liver failure due to alt flare, if you go easy like this you may risk your life even if liver failure is low the risk is there
Ok, thanks stef, what about me taking livolin forte b4 meeting the dr.
I met my dr. and according 2 him the lam treatment is working so i should continue with it 4 another 3 months. What is ur take on that, anyone concern
@stef in a simple sentence how can u best describe my dr.
is your doctor paid to prescribe lam?

since it is out of most intl guidelines as first line hbv treatment i dont see any other reason to prescribe lam instead of tdf, just warn her that in case of lam resistance that ends up to almost 85-90% he/she will pay all the damage possibly in jail...at least this is where you may get such a doctor in my country for prescribing out of guidelines dangerous drugs
@stef, i've gone through most sites to educate myself a little about hbv. Left 2 me alone i'm not going 2 take any western medicine but to consume most foods that i taught to boost the immune system. must i confess @stef your knowledge about hbv is marvelous, keep the good workdone and may the Good heaven father help us all, amen.
I saw from most sites that Garlic can also help in our situation, start taking it right away.
I'm taking Raw garlic +fruits+moringa tea+livolin forte+fasting daily will do the hbsag test after one month on it.
@Stef2011, your contribution to the forum is tremendous, may the almighty God bless and heal us, amen.
Will be having my hbsag result tomorrow.
Facts about my diagnosis.
1. Constantly thinking about my hbsag positivity every second.
2. A once best student in class now failing.
3. Not able to eat well. 4. Always on medhelp checking for updates.  
My hbsag has reduced to 633.63 iu/ml from 808.07 iu/ml.
wow thats great
I'm not on any medicine, for almost 4months now. Hope to here from forum members more especially, stef2011 and stephencastle.
A reduction of about 170iu/ml of hbsag within 4months without meds, guess if the reduction remains constant, the predictive time for hbsag seroconversion will be around 1 and half a year.
Wants help on my results please.