Hepatitis B Community
Father a child while on Epivir-HBV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Father a child while on Epivir-HBV

I am a chronicle Hep.B patient and I am currently using Epivir. I asked my doctor before trying to have a baby with my wife, and my doctor said that it is safe.  Now my wife is pregnant and I saw a question on this forum 4 years ago that suggested to stop the Epivir treatment for a month before trying to get pregnant. I wonder if there is more research or study cases now on father takeing Epivir. And what should I do?
That is a question your doctor has answered for you.  If you are still in doubt perhaps a search in the PDR might clarify your doubts.  sometimes the drug co. who manufactures it, has helplines to answer the patient's questions and the FDA gets information of adverse events from approved drugs in the market.
There are no medical doctors at this forum.
Good luck with your baby. It is natural to worry about everything when a new life is on the way.  Mom can have tests that will detect abnormalities.
Try to relax and enjoy the new blessing.

chev; How are ya?  We got our pacifier(I was my daughter's) and blankie back...hah hah
I made it to work, two hrs late...lol. better than calling in sick, i say.  It is days like today that makes me think twice about extending tx, but since it always passes, especially after my pain pill, I change no mind for good.
hope you are well
LL sis