Hepatitis B Community
Fibroscan finally approved in the US

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Fibroscan finally approved in the US

On April 16th 2013, the US FDA has given approval to the echosens fibroscan device. This will open up fibrosis and treatment monitoring for US liver disease  patients and improve the decision making tools for the treating hepatologist.
Thank you so much for the news,I can't believe is happening.

thanks this is really great news, hopefully hbsag quant will be soon available too
oooh ..

Stef .. you preceded US FDA in the importance of fibroscan to check liver fibrosis periodically ..
here is the link ..

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/259248.php

not me but the rest of the world researchers....they could not keep doing like if US is on mars
Hey guys, well if we keep exposing US health care corruption maybe we will have many more HBV treatments approved.

I mean who knows maybe Replicor may even decide to offer treatment course of their medication + immune modulator. Lets hope these people are human after all and are not only thinking of making money at all costs..

It still is strange though to think that.. Why a doctor or a hospital needs FDA approval to treat people with forward thinking treatments that save lives?

With what is available today, they should really be treating us with gene therapy, or growing our own livers for replacement..

but anyway, yes it is a great news finally Fibroscan made it to the USA. I know I want to do this test, never had it done..
I think they had good reasons to hold back. For one thing its FRENCH and every single thing costs thousands of euros. Americans aren't use to pay for every single thing that comes as an option, if they pay for something they get it all as bundle.
Talked to my Fibroscan doctor and a stupid VGA interface for Fibroscan costs more than a 1000euro.
FDA job is not to worry about costs. It is to worry about safety & accuracy.

not at all.it is wide accepted US fda is corrupted to the bone by testimony of people who was in the fda commissions (when not corrupted receiving tips for family members and sons life probability.........)

the worst system in the world to look at!
they could not simply act like they are on mars, it is surprising they are more than a decade (almost 13 years late) behind the rest of the world on both hbsag quant and fibroscan which are essential tests to monitor infection status
By activating the tag fibroscan, this post did not come up. Thus it seems the search engine is less than perfect.
Strange! Natag sent out this email about Fibroscan that is obviously old news.
the interesting part would be how long it will take for this machine to be available here to patients after they have approved it.