Hepatitis B Community
Fibroscan

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Fibroscan

Hi all
I live in midwestern US. I want to share information about Fibroscan. Fibroscan is recently approved in US by FDA. I found that St. Louis University has obtained the fibroscan machine and has made it available for clinical practice since 15 th July 2013. I had fibroscan done there yesterday. You can contact SLU Care liver center to schedule an appointment at 314 577 6000. You will need authorization from ur primary care physician or from your GI.
thanks for the info.  if people in other parts of the usa know of any fibroscans, please also post them.
I don't know for sure but it is said that UCSD in San Diego, CA, has an MRE machines which is like similar to fibroscan but MRI based.

Maybe Djxpress  can tell us more about it..

I think maybe it is better to contact the manufacturer directly and ask him for a list of clinics that may have it...
Is thet still involved onley in clinical study or they do it for anybody and how much does it cost?