Hepatitis B Community
Flu Shots and Hep

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Flu Shots and Hep

Hello Friends,
I wanted to take an advice from you regarding Flu Shot, I am chronice HepB "D" genotype and as we have winter/fall coming here in US I wanted to check if I can take a Flu Shot (currently I am not on any medicine) although the doctor has suggested to start Tenofovir but after a year.

I wanted to know should I go in for the Flu shot and take it or not.

Thank you.

only at start of interferon flu shot might be an issue, all other drugs have no issues and of course it is better to make flu shots because in case of flu all drugs are toxic for liver and kidneys (antibiotics, aspirn and so on...) so better avoid any drug and take vaccine

i have made this question to researchers last year and that was the answer
Have not heard HBVers cannot take Flu shot.

used wrong word "issue", it is only that interferon response at start of therapy might be slower
Thank you Stefano.