Hepatitis B Community
Flu shot and anti-viral medication

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Flu shot and anti-viral medication

Wondering if I should bother with the flu shoots this year. I always used to get the flu shot, but now that I am taking anti-viral medication on a daily basis and since the flu is a viral infection, wouldn't the anti-viral meds I'm already taking help to keep me from getting the flu?

So what eveyone else who is on anti-viral meds doing in regards to the flu shot?
In my opinion, yes you should.  Get the flu shot and the swine flu shot when available.  Our HepB antivirals are not all inclusive, I'm fairly certain they do nothing for the flu and swine flu.

I already got both shots.  Both are fine, no problem.  But the swine shot hurts like hell.  Also, I had to answer a series of questions for the sine flu shot, are to allergic to this and that, have you ever had this and that.  No mention of any hepatitis on questionaire.  So I take that as no relation to each other.  Acutally the swine shot didn't hurt at all.  Did it scare you...hahaha.