Hepatitis B Community
From entecavir (Baraclude) to adefovir (Hepsera)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My cousin apparently was originaly on entecavir (Baraclude) but switched to adefovir (Hepsera).  He says it was because he had muscle cramps when taking Baraclude.  I notice that lactic acidosis is one of the side effects of taking Baraclude.  Actually one of the more dangerous side effects of Baraclude.  

Is switching from Baraclude to Hepsera a valid treatment option, then?  Shouldn't Viread have been tried next?

Is switching from Baraclude to Hepsera a valid treatment option, then?
no adv is weaker and might lead to hbsag escape mutation, viread is the alternative not adv (heaspera, they found the right name in latin languages for this drug, it means hope and pray...)

Shouldn't Viread have been tried next?
absolutelt yes, plus adv is more toxic than etv and tnf and it has a high rate of kidney damage compared to others

What is tnf?

Is it "TNF alpha" ?

B.R.
satimis

tnf or tdf is tenofovir

satimis