Hepatitis B Community
GCMAF therapy

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

GCMAF therapy

first low dose 0.125ml, everything ok, i feel nothing unusual

headache or tireness are sometimes reported as the immune system activates at first injections but i felt nothing

So you can get this treatment done by your request even if is not actuali hbv treatment.?
Good luck.

gcmaf is a treatment for immune system disfunction which is present in all cronic (chronic) diseases (if immune system was working there would be no disease...) so it is a therapy for cronic (chronic) hbv

as we have posted many times immune system on cronic (chronic) hbv is absent, there is no immune response towards hbv

the immune suppression is due to the enzyme nagalase on the surface antigen of hiv and probably hbv too.my nagalase was very abnormal, higher than that of hiv and cancers
I wish you all the luck with thet treatment.When are you going to folow up on thet ?
Where did you get it? Oral or injection?

two labs do it in europe and one in israel:

www.bgli.nl and http://www.gcmaf.co.uk/info/ (about same price around 2000euro/24 shots)
http://pps.co.il/ (supposed to be the most potent but too expensive 24 shots 24000euro)

injection (both subc or IM are ok butIV is the most potent)

nagalase can be tested in netherlands only, shiping blood samples to the lab is complicated because it must be frozen and arriva before friday

end of the day effect, extremely sleepy after dinner.....gone to bed earlier than usual
Best of Luck Stef.

woudl you mind copying the link for the backgfround of GCMAF Therapy?

what do you mean?the link for all the research?

research is on pubmed but all research is linked on these websites

gcmaf.eu

bgli.nl

for all the members, keep in mind that nagalase is linked to both viruses and cancers and that nagalase is abnormal before cancers are detactable so it is a very good tool as a tumor marker

i have found this study on macrophages and hbv/hcv infections.it explains how these viruses hijack/alter immune responses from the begining, exactly starting from macrophages which are the first step of immune activation or tollerance

another analogy is that the new gilead drug activates tlr 7 receptor on macrophages while gcmaf activates all macrophages receptors.....activation of tlr7 has an effect on both hbv and hcv, on hbv leads to hbsag and hbvdna decrease.

i will ask gcmaf recerchers if it will activate also tlr7 receptor, in this case gcmaf will work even better that the new gilead drug (so sorry for them if this happens to be true...their drug will be a failure even before trials)

http://jvi.asm.org/cgi/reprint/83/7/2796.pdf

conclusions of the study:
In summary, HBV and HCV, via an assortment of mechanisms, disturb immune responses and establish chronic infections, with macrophages as key regulators of the early
immune responses being targeted by both viruses.

CONCLUDING REMARKS:
Do liver macrophages function efficiently
during HCV and/or HBV disease, and can they be a target for
immune therapy to control HBV and/or HCV disease
another study:
Hepatitis B virus hardly activates dendritic cells,
macrophages and natural killer cells

http://hbo-kennisbank.uvt.nl/cgi/av/show.cgi?fid=5022

has gilead also discovered drug to eradicate hbv by activating immune system? interesting to see the developments. if such one come from drug makers i think they would definitely be trying to price as much as high in order to compensate themselves from the loses of life-time drugs like etv and tnf.

but the gcmaf looks like superior of all other drugs in activating immune system.

In addition to DCs, macrophages (Møs) also play a role in the innate immune system. It is shown that
the MR plays a role in HBsAg uptake by mDC [7]. Macrophages express MR [56] and therefore these
cells might be an important target for HBV.

Taken together, the general observation was that HBV did not change the cytokine profile in both Mø1
and Mø2. However, HBV might be able to reduce the cytokine production in both the macrophages
subtypes, but the observed reduction was limited to Pam3CysK4-treated Mø1 or IFNK-treated Mø2

22
5. Conclusions/discussion
Weak antiviral B and T cell responses are believed to be responsible for the lack of virus control in
chronic HBV patients [5]. The mechanism behind this immunological failure is still not understood. In
sharp contrast to other viruses, chimpanzees as well as human individuals infected with HBV showed
a complete lack in the induction of type I IFN and in IFN-response genes during the early stages of
infection [60, 61] , indicating a lack of activation of the innate immune system. The lack of effective HBVspecific
immunity could be due to inadequate activation of innate immune cells, but may also be due
to active immune modulation. It is recently observed that several viruses escape immunity via
targeting DC and Møs functions. For example, Vaccinia, Hepatitis C virus (HCV), Human
Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and measles virus infections are associated with impaired macrophage
and DC function [5, 62-67]
Here we report that HBV is not a strong inducer of innate immune responses. DC and Møs were not or
only weakly activated by HBV, resulting in marginal immune stimulating effects with respect to
cytokine production and NK cell activation. Immune suppressive effects of HBV were hardly observed.
Only in a few experiments/donors HBV reduced the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines by Mø1,
whereas Mø2 showed a reduction in both anti- and pro-inflammatory cytokines.

it is clear that immune suppression is probably due to nagalase blocking macrophages activation,
it would be useful that others check nagalase to see if it is so high as mine so that we can definitely prove that immune suppression is due to nagalase in cronic (chronic) hbv carriers

as to hbv clearance we will have to wait and see if hbv has other ways to escape immune system after macrphages maximum activation

my next point will be to have vdr receptors genetic test to see if i am a fast responder or slow responder to gcmaf...but i have to find this test for free in a way or another because it is as expensive as 18 shots of gcmaf....
http://www.redlabs.be/documents/Request%20Form%2008-10IMMUen.pdf

i made confusion VDR is not expensive, 68€ at red labs but i will try it to have it free in italy if available
very good presentation of gcmaf and nagalase human trials and studies

http://www.marcoruggiero.org/pdf/GcMAF%20at%20the%20NIH.pdf

first full dose of gcmaf, no effects

the following day i am feeling real great, very powerful and relaxed.the extreme irritation or slow mind i used to have since i started entecavir is complitely gone

no effects....

of course i mean no bad effects, blood tests are for the 26th of may (5th shot of gcmaf)
Keeping all our fingers crossed for you :-)
I read and watch about the GcMAF therapy and the results are really promising. It's like a natural way of treatment by awakening your immune system and with considerably no side effects. Although it's too expensive for us but it will be worth it on saving money for that.

You started your first shot on May 4 right? So its a daily thing you should do. When do you stop taking that shot? Can I ask your hepa b profile record before taking it? I just wanted to know what are the areas that will probably boost your immunity.

Please keep us posted with your results.
You started your first shot on May 4 right? yes, it is one injection every 5 days or 6 days because macrophages live for 6 days only so you have to reactivate the new borns with new gcmaf after 6 days

Can I ask your hepa b profile record before taking it?
hbvdna und, alt 31, hbsag about 6000iu/ml

know what are the areas that will probably boost your immunity.
gcmaf will increase monocites, activate all macrophages receptors even the one for hbsag, this should start an immune reaction increasing all antibodies and making hbsag negative

i combo with entecavir and nitazoxanide, this might lower the immune response but i cannot stop them because i cannot risk a lot of liver damage
Thanks for the information Stef. I'm positive that this will work for all of us, hope this will be it. :)

One thing, are there any reported situation that actually overdosed with this kind of therapy? and what happened?

no overdose exsits or side effects;gcmaf is a component of heqlthy people blood

it has been found that dosing more than 100ng of gcmaf makes no difference because all macrophages are already active and cannot be activated more, there is nothing left to activate

cheney a US researcher reported higher results only for those with bad vdr receptors who are slow responders to gcmaf

anybody can have 2.5 fold higher potency by vitamin D naturally by sun or sunbeds

note that gcmaf is not a drug and could not be produced in labs, it is filtered from blood so it is kind of transfusion taking it
very interesting...keeping my fingers cross and pray that this will be the final bomb
hello stef2011,

to start this treatment you got to check the nagalase level (http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/) and to check vdr (http://www.redlabs.be/documents/Request%20Form%2008-10IMMUen.pdf) to see how it responds to the gcmaf, right?

best regards and good luck!

yes those tests are necessary

my nagalase was the highest 6.7U

vdr will be checked soon, this is also extremely important to see fast result:researchers will clear both points soon on my case

also a vitamin level above 40ng/ml is extremely important

hey stef2011,

any news? how are you feeling? how many shots already?

3rd shot and no sides.too early to make blood tests, i will have full check up on the 26th

i feel better than usual, extreme iritation has complitely gone and sleeping is much better than before, i feel much better when i wake up and melatonin is not necessary anymore to help sleep

gcmaf is also called vitamin D binding protein so i think it is a part of vitamin D....i will ask researchers for this...definitely it is a natural compound not a drug

i will soon make vdr test, i think this is the most important to know if you are a fast responder as to results 18-20 shots are necessary

4th shots, feeling very good, first blood tests tomorrow

response to gcmaf by VDR receptors test:
bb/FF genotypes, maximum response which can be as early as 10-20 shots
Bb/Ff  genotypes, medium response probably 50shots or more
BB/ff   genotypes, no response

info about vdr receptors, response from these human trials

Nice stef!
I wish you good luck and I can´t wait to see the good results!
buona fortuna!
i want you to let you know that i have had the opportunity to see gcmaf in vitro in a very simple experiment:
they showed me healthy cells and cancer cells and then the same cancer cells with gcmaf.

the cells with addition of gcmaf looked like healthy cells in just about 24hrs, they told me that gcmaf had the ability to trasform cancer cells to healthy cells in very short time (and i could see that because cancer cells are quite different to healthy cells)

so it looks like gcmaf is very potent since those cells were alone, no immune system  or other cells involved.

i just contacted redlabs brussels for nagalase tests, they confirmed it is available and they also take care of pickup by their courier worldwide

i strongly suggest those with cronic (chronic) hbv to make the test and verify the level of nagalase which is correlated with immune suppression and let the forum know if levels are very high

update on blood tests, my vitamin level reached 58ng/ml and this is the gcmaf making a balance on immune system and vitamin d since i could never reach levels so high

as for the rest i feel very good better than ever
Very good! You still taking 5000 a day?

no, i stop it from today and see how vit d level and calcium get balanced, if they stay the same i'll take very little sun because the optimum range is 50-60, not higher

if you are normal high vitamin d is very difficult to decrease while when imune system is not working i used to get it down to 11ng/ml in just a couple of weeks
Hi Stef,

When you are planning to take Hbsag Quantitative?

I hope It should have reduced to half

i took it the 26th of may but it is too early, response is between 10-20 weeks on high responders and i am at the 5th week, there should be no response before the 10th week

anyway it is very interesting that the vitamin d rise happened so early and i also got rid of candida infections definitely, i ate pizza and other salt food that used to make candida in mouth immediately but there is no sign of it

to have an idea:
my tenth week will be july 15th, my 20th week will be september 21st and the 24th week oct 19th

so next hbsag will be taken end of july, i will check hbsab antibody before to see if it gets different than the always present 0.00miu/ml

got 8th shot today (5.2 week), very different effect for the first time i felt tired all day

it is not the bad type of tireness but just feeling very very relaxed, needed a nap in the afternoon and very sleepy right after dinner.

these effects are consistent with immune activation

i have found that calcium increase is correlated with activation of immune response and antibody formation....i think i 'll keep taking a lot of sun and very little vitamin D checking weekly tests of calcium and vit D

i dont wanna risk any fall in vitamin d, in the meantime it is suggested to keep drinking a lot of water.i do hope all this is consistent with immune activation and antibody formation

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/09/26/13316.aspx

http://www.rikenresearch.riken.jp/eng/hom/5254

i am starting to have mild flu like symptoms, these might be related to:
immune activation (on cancer trials this actually happens at 6th week minimum)

although almost impossible it might also be due to:
red yeast rice but at my dose of only 3mg monacolins no sides effects have been reported ever...in any case i will stop this for a couple of days

vitamin D 25OH flare or calcium increase, both have no symptoms but in any case i checked calcium and alt today, the meaning of alt rise can be due 99% to immune clearance (since i have hbvdna und and not taking any toxic drug)
Hi Stef,
Any further updates on this?  Please post the results (on hbsag and hbv dna)

hbvdna is no use because und by etv+ntz

hbsag will be checked end of july because too early on gcmaf, i am 8th week while results are about on 18-24th week.also nagalase will be rechecked end of july
Hi Stefano,
My wife has 66.2 iu/ml of anti-HBS. what is the normal value of anti-HBS for protecting a woman from HBSAG

Raja
Hi Stefano,

what is the count of your while blood cells? Did they increased after starting the gcmaf therapy?

any value >10miu/ml is protective

too early, the only possibility is checking frozen blood samples in pisa but they wont check for now

i had a cd count and i have extremely high cd8 which are the ones that clear hbv but it is not known if they work once they reach the liver because hbv can hijack them in the liver

as to lympho counts they are not useful i have always had high lympho....on the contrary monocytes are very interesting because gcmaf should increase them, by now i had no increase on monocytes but again i am at the 8th week which is too early and i dont have my vdr results to know if i am a gcmaf responder or not
i just received my vitamin d3 25oh result 1 month after stopping supplements:

june 06 57.6ng/ml (gcmaf 5th week), stopped supplements after this high normal range value
july 06 58.8ng/ml (gcmaf 9th week)

it looks like gcmaf has activated vitamin d blood transport like in healthy people as it is supposed to do on responders.

this is very meaningful because as you know vit d severe deficency is a problem of more than 90% hbv carriers and with severe liver damage like me it ws even more severe deficency

for those not following my posts:
it is 2 years i am taking high dose vit d3 10000iu daily+sund bed and sun exposure daily, before gcmaf i never reached more than 35ng/ml (with a pick of 47ng/ml in 2010), in summer 2010 i tried to lower to 2000iu daily since going to the beach every day with hours of sun and vit d3 got to 28ng/ml deficency

so it is definitely an effect of gcmaf, i guess i will be able to keep healthy levels by normal sun exposure like healthy people (10min per day are sufficent)

my vdr test is not ready yet but it should be ready by weeks

i am going to test nagalase and hbsag (surface antigen) again by 2 weeks (at the 12th week of gcmaf)

my cd counts are scheduled after 24 weeks of gcmaf, end of october, and will be compared to cd counts at 5th week of gcmaf

as regards sides, no sides to report, just feeling very relaxed and sleeping very well (especially the day i take it)

i just had a couple of days with sevre irritability 1 week ago probably due to the fact i used almost a double dose (gcmaf has no sides at any dose but doses higher than 100ng have no additional benefits becuase all macrophages are already activated at 100ng)
Good luck.
just received my VDR results: FF/Bb

FF highest response to gcmaf
Bb from good to medium response to gcmaf

vitamin d 25OH remains the best marker of immediate response together with nagalase because in CFS trials responders had a rise of 14-20ng/ml in the vit D 25OH by 4-5 weeks of gcmaf (even one which should be no responder according to VDR and another one medium to low responder VDR)

so we can update tests needed to monitor gcmaf response both baseline and during treatment:
vitamin d 25OH
VDR
nagalase
hbsag quantity in iu/ml by abbott architect
just received my VDR results: FF/Bb

FF highest response to gcmaf

vitamin d 25OH
VDR
nagalase
just received my VDR results: FF/Bb

FF highest response to gcmaf

vitamin d 25OH
VDR
nagalase
just received my VDR results: FF/Bb

FF highest response to gcmaf

vitamin d 25OH
VDR
nagalase
Hi stef2011,
I'm new to the forum, my dad had prostate cancer +metastases at 57y , just wonder where I should start all this process before take  GcMAF?
-nagalase level tested and VDR in Europe(RedLabs in Brussels)???? -patient need to go there? (he lives in EU)
-how long it takes for the results?
-do u need to go to a clinic (any recommendation) and be under doctor supervision while adm. GcMAF? or just order it by phone or online?

Thanks in advance!
hopecure

i wouldn t bother testing nagalase and VDR but i'd go straight at starting gcmaf as soon as possible, there will be plently of time for those tests (nagalase requires 3 weeks and vdr about the same)

as regards cancer gcmaf in vitro has antitumoricidal activity even alone without immune system so vdr might not be so important...so go straight for it because after stage 2 cancers even gcmaf is not so helpful.
if he is taking chemio or other drugs do keep those drugs, just check his vit d 25oh level which is low for sure and take supplements immediately to reach 50-80ng/ml in the shortest time possible (10000iu daily)

http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/
you will find all info here and also hospital in europe where your father can be cure with gcmaf, if you can afford it this is a good choice too
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2510818/

Stef2011, thank you so much....ur info really help me a lot.

Regards, Hopecure
stef2011

did u had administered the first dosage of GcMAF by a doctor ?  were any side effects???

when you buy GcMAF comes with the syringe and all the supply or u need to order this separate?
thx
did u had administered the first dosage of GcMAF by a doctor ?

no they are simple intramuscolar injections, not needed also because i have all the knowledge needed to monitor myself.researchers just follow improvments for their intrest in the clinical case

were any side effects???
gcmaf itself has no sides effects because it is a normal protein in the blood of helthy people but very sick people like aids, cfs, cancer have no immune system response so once it is activated the immune system attacks the enemy and this can make severe sides effects, in these cases a doctor to monitor is absolutely needed
if it is advanced cancer this is the possible outcome buti guess there is nothing to lose in case cancer is advanced:

Terminal cases

For the first half of stage 4 / terminal cancer, your chances of remission with GcMAF are good.

Gc MAF has main effects more than side effects. It repairs your immune system, and that will go to war on cancer and other diseases you may possess.The more serious the cancer, the more major the war may be. The war appears to reach peak level in three weeks. You must be fit enough to survive the war.

But by comparison with chemotherapy or radiation treatments, the war is trivial.

Towards the end of terminal cancer the outlook is not good.

In terminal liver or brain cancer the war may bring the patient's death forward. The liver is such a major organ, in the last stage the war can be more than the person can stand. If in brain cancer you feel the effects of GcMAF in just over a week, it is time to reduce the dose to 0.05 ml. Your immune system will often firstly inflame and swell tumours in order to expose them, prior to destroying them. (In exposing cancers, GcMAF may reveal cancers you didn't know you had.)   This is dangerous if you have metastasis in the brain, creating intercranial pressure (often treated with steroids / cortizone.)

GcMAF needs 8 weeks to reduce tumour mass - after that, both the war and your symptoms should be receding.

sides effect
http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109&Itemid=50

doctors and hospitals
http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=56

Gc MAF Treatment Management Strategies
http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=18&Itemid=23
Participants' progress
http://gcmaf.eu/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=55

very important points: vitamin d supplements 4000iu daily if serum vitamin d 25oh less than 40ng/ml, it needs monthly monitoring
at least 40min a day of excercise

We appear to have had stunning results in 20 percent of cases, and we think we have learned enough to take that figure up to 50% in this 2011 round of trials. GcMAF needs normal levels of vitamin D to function strongly, and those participants see significant tumour shrinkage in 8 weeks. But even in low responders, GcMAF appears to stop the advance of cancer.

We have probably proved GcMAF can work for people up to age 67, with terminal stage 4 cancer, and can completely destroy large tumour mass. See "Patients on GcMAF" on the left.

So far those patients who in 8 weeks are cured of symptoms, or whose tumour mass drops significantly, all take exercise, perhaps a 40 minute walk outside each day.
thanks a lot stef2011.........!!!!
hey stef,
according to your posts, you´re now about to reach the 10th week. how does it feel?
about the vdr test, I did not get why it has 2 response ( FF / Bb ), how to interprete that?

regards

good as usual

I did not get why it has 2 response ( FF / Bb ), how to interprete that?

the receptors for gcmaf and vitamin d are two, the bb receptor seams to be more important and the sensibility to both vitamin d and gcmaf depends on these receptors, those with bad receptors like ff/BB are at increased risk of cancer and osteoporosis

this receptors type is the same as the aids woman described by professor ruggiero, she had an immune response towards hiv in 10 weeks but shes stopped at 10 weeks when she reversed from aids to healthy hiv carrier.her hivrna decreased from about 160000 to 2000....

http://www.marcoruggiero.org/pdf/3-%20Poster%20ICAR%202011%20GcMAF%20%5BPunzi%20Morucci%5D.jpg

in any case vitamin d25oh rise is the main marker of response and since i have it so high without supplements (58ng/ml) it is definitely working already.also the inverse relationship between vit d level and hbvdna undetectability makes me very happy about it
nice to know!
I´m thinking about doing a Vitamin D test. It´s a important marker, right?

regards
I forgot to ask which ones should I take: (pasted from the lab´s site.)

1, 25 DIHIDROXI VITAMINA D
1,25 DEHIDROXI VITAMINA D
1,25 OH VITAMINA D
25 HIDROXI VITAMINA D
25 OH VITAMINA D
25 OH VITAMINA D3
25OH VITAMINA D
CALCIFEROL, VITAMINA D
HIPERCALCEMIA, 25 HIDROXI VITAMINA D
VITAMINA D, 25 HIDROXI
VITAMINA D3

thanks
25 OH VITAMINA D3

good news from first guy who was trying gcmaf on hiv, he got nagalase results:
nagalase after  4 weeks month of gcmaf 3.1U
nagalase after 12weeks o gcmaf 1.1U

normal nagalase 0.32-0.95
Good day Stef, any update on effectivenss of this? Have you done any text again? Any improvement?

after 13 weeks i have had hbsag quant and nagalase.

hbsag will be ready after the 12th of august

nagalase early september
just received redlabs results

nagalase 3.3 range 0.32-0.95 (nagalase baseline 6.7 europeanlaboratory.nl)

on hiv lowering of viremia and surface antigens happened at nagalase around 1

anox total antioxdant capacity 0.83 range 0.33-0.65nM
From 6.7 to 3.3. Impressive result indeed. We still don't know about whether gcmaf clear hbv or not. But since it has some great effect on nagalase we can easily exclude the cancer risk due to the using of entecavir and cirrhosis. But hope and pray it ll work on us too.
Very interesting. What about your HBAg count? Any update?

hbsag count made about same days as nagalase showed a decreased value of 4995iu/ml, previous was about 6255iu/ml but since i have this up and down from 4500 to 7200iu/ml my thinking is it has no relevance and nagalase is still too high

you have to consider that we dont know yet if my high nagalase is due to hbv or cancer although researchers said that it could not be cancer at all because a nagalase at 6.7 is a very big cancer with metastasis and there is no need of tests to know it is cancer at that stage

it is also interesting that immune system has such reduced capacity at 6.7 that lowering nagalase by gcmaf should hve a big impact on it
what was your HBSAg quantitative result?

what do you mean was?

it went from 6255 to 4995 but not relevant, too little change.next recheck october

in the meantime i have found a stydy where they correlate nagalase with macrophages activation by measure of precursor superoxide.to tell it easy my nagalase at 6.7 made impossible macrophages activation and this is severe immune depression with danger for all diseases especially cancer, but even seasonal flu was a big problem for me it used to last one month.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...0ZjE2&hl=en_US

this is the most interesting part of the study which links immune suppresson (which can reach adids level) and nagalase level:

Immunotherapy of metastatic colorectal cancer

These colorectal cancer patients had the initial Nagalase
activities ranging from 1.78 to 6.71 nmol/min/mg. As
shown in Fig. 3, the serum Nagalase activities of all eight
patients rapidly decreased in the Wrst 4–8 weeks and followed
by slow decrease of serum Nagalase activity. After
about 32–50 administrations (32–50 weeks) of 100 ng
GcMAF, all eight colorectal cancer patients had very low
serum Nagalase activity levels equivalent to those of
healthy control values ranging from 0.37 to 0.69 nmol/mg/
min as shown in Fig. 3. Since these healthy control values
are those of -galactosidase and not of malignant-speciWc
serum Nagalase activity [34, 37], the results suggest that all
eight patients are free of cancerous cells. During 7 years of
observation after completion of GcMAF therapy, these
patients showed no increase in their serum Nagalase activities,
indicating no recurrence of colorectal cancer. Furthermore,
the annual CT scans evidenced that these patients
were free of tumor recurrence for 7 years after GcMAF therapy

there are also charts of nagalase and correlated precursor superoxide activity, healthy control nagalase 0.39 corresponding superoxide 5.12nmol.superoxide level can give us an idea of macrophages activation

nagalase 0.97 superoxide 3.25nmol
0.82....3.45
0.68....4.08

superoxide Precursor activity <0.85nmol is unable to support activation of macrophages and that is considered to be loss of activity
my specific case had total inability to support macrophages activation
my nagalase base line was 6.7 correlated with superoxide 0.72

for those not aware terminal cancer patients are immune suppressed and often dye of pneumonia before cancer

the only ones having nagalase levels like mine were these cancer patients, hiv or CFS patients have much lower nagalase at max 5nmol/min/mg
tnx steffano keep us updated, reading your posts every day. currently following all of your advice
http://www.gcmaf.co.uk/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=14

more info on gcmaf, i found very interesting the videos at the bottom of the page by dr.Kevin Bethel MD
i didnt know gcmaf is mainly produced by liver cells and it may have a role also in liver failure and not only immune system coordination

interesting comment of dr  Jeff Bradstreet on nagalase.this is refered to presence of nagalase in autism due to unresolved viral infections so the comment may apply to all viral infections

The enzyme nagalase is produced by cancer cells and viruses.  Since it is clear cancer is not feature of autism, it is most likely viral mediated enzyme activity (although in rare cases children with autism could have an undiagnosed cancer – this is unlikely). Viruses make the nagalase enzyme as part of the their attachment proteins. It serves to get the virus into the cell and also decreases the body’s immune reaction to the virus – thereby increasing the odds of viral survival.

As previously stated on this blog – the target of nagalase is the GcMAF or Vitamin D3 receptor. It is capable of inactivation this cell receptor and reducing both Vitamin D function and immune function.
Some more info about GcMAF at this link

http://lettherebeelight.blogspot.com/2011/10/gcmaf.html

Here is what the blogger says:

"If you are considering GcMAF as recently mentioned by Dr. Klinghardt on the LymeHope.com conference call, please ensure you have your Nagalase levels tested before and during treatment. Also be aware that some patients (around 5%) have a significant inflammatory response that may require other interventions to manage. Thus, while GcMAF may be promising and a good option for some of us, it requires a doctor that is familiar with it to help with the blood testing and support during the 4-6 months of injection therapy. Please discuss with your doctor before trying this on your own."

And there is some more info on the blog. Might be helpful...
Also be aware that some patients (around 5%) have a significant inflammatory response

this happens on aids patients and cfs patients that have same immune caos as aids.also advanced cancers have inflammation, which is the first step of immune response

all other cases no sides but cancer, aids, autism, cfs, all need a doctor monitoring, possibly with gcmaf knowledge or experience

thanks enoli, my full tests are close, hbsag 19th oct and nagalase/full tests end november, i do hope to find some results from gcmaf, not clearance but some effects on hbv
I hope that too Stef. Praying for you :)
praying for all of uss
Of course Yasin, I wish and pray for a cure for all of us, me, you, Stef and everyone else.
Here is a more complete link from the same blogger above

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/247-gcmaf

Very detailed info about the use of GcMAF
parying stef and for all of us
im looking forward for stefano's latest results :)
I am praying for you to have favorable results.
Did you get your hbsag result and how you feeling if you compare before GCMAF

hbsag still around 5000iu/ml

how you feeling if you compare before GCMAF

complitely different in terms of almost never fatigue, before gcmaf i could not travel long trips or stand up for long times
i also cleared candida mouth infections and decreased nagalase 50% in 3 months

next round of complete tests at the end of nov will tell
some results after therapy with:
entecavir+nitazoxanide (alinia)+vitamin d3+antioxidants from heptech+gcmaf 30 weeks
the resuls are probably due to the combo of all, antioxidants,vit d3 and gcmaf have all good effect on liver (gcmaf is produced by the liver and is beneficial also in liver failure).there is a overall trend of improvment but still irrelevant on hbsag quantity

hbsag
december results no ready yet
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml
4873,8iu/ml (4months on entecavir already)

VIT D

67,7
49,7
48,7
58,8
57,6
started gcmaf - vit d between 5000-10000iu daily
42,9
34,6
28,7ng/ml
30ng/ml
47ng/ml
11ng/ml
25,24ng/ml
12,6ng/ml  started 5000iu daily

fibroscan

6,1kpa
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
Wow, fibroscan is definitely improving! Do you know how gcmaf helps in repairing the liver? It's a big improvement!
Vitamine D is also better I believe!
Hope to see HBsAg result budging significantly!!

you know one problem is i stopped alinia between august and september with hbvdna getting detactable below 20iu/ml, this means virus is free to infect new cells in the liver and increase hbsag.
tenofovir was added to replace alinia nov 17 and hbvdna should get und again by 1 month

infact hbsag got 5236iu/ml in nov, not that big increase anyway so we will see if the trend in lowering goes on, i have no plans to stop gcmaf since the possible positive effects and no sides

next hbsag in feb 2012, interferon add-on is planned on 2012, researchers confirmed alredy that gcmaf is not controindicated during interferon.

there are no studies on this, just observations by some scientists.of course this is all unfunded so only patients can find out by administration

what we know for a proven fact:
gcmaf is produced by the liver and is a part of albumins, a damaged liver has reduced albumins and reduced gcmaf, some scientists found improvments on those with liver failure (advanced decompensated liver) with gcmaf administration
Don't worry too much! HBsAg is very variable so + or - 1000, it's not really changing much.
Plus, vitamin d and heptech should help a lot, no HbsAg result with this combo yet but you are definitely controlling it...

nagalase results at 6 months gcmaf therapy, still elevated 2.1, we may see an effect when it reaches 1.0 at least

elevated nagalase like mine at 6.7 baseline usually requires 48-50 weeks

oxidative stress blood tests are well within normal range now

update of december 2011 tests, hbsag still going down slowly hopefully my alt flare at 54 in january with hbvdna undetactable is clearing infected cells and lowering hbsag much more for feb 2012 test
fibroscan very normal range decreasing fast from 6.1 to 5.6  in just 9 weeks

hbsag
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

fibroscan
5.6kpa feb 07, 2012
6,1kpa dec 06,2011
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
why did hbsag go from 4995iu/ml back up to 5236,59iu/ml before december?

those are small changes in hbsag of no relevance, the pattern is what counts.

the test has diluition with a possible  error of about 500iu/ml
i added alt too because it is interesting to see how regression of cirrhosis is not correlted with normal alt (but of course very high alt like >100 dont help)

only when hbvdna undetactable
clearance of hbsag can be faster with abnormal alt and of course the higher the alt values the faster hbv immune clearance

Hbsag
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

ALT
54
35
46
27
33
49
47
42
40
44
47

fibroscan
5.6kpa feb 07, 2012
6,1kpa dec 06,2011
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
Hi, I' m new here. i have ME (also known als CFS) and have been treated with Gc Maf. I'm not doing better but my nagalse is within range and there seems to be a lot of cleaning up going on in my body. I am expierencing a lot of detox/inflammation.

My question to you is, if the liver gets better, do you notice you need to take more of your other medications to work? It looks like mine don't work as well as before. My liver showed hepatosis before treatment, but the cause is unknown. Maybe you've heard about htis from others or your doctor. I would appreciate any answeres or thoughts.

Bye,
spring

sorry spring but hbv and cfs are so different that we cannot compare anything between the two diseases except viral pathogens clearance, of course that is the same in you and hbvers

as regards steatosis there are two ways to do produce it and the base is the same, lipids/sugar metabolism, hbv and hcv are known to unbalance this metabolism making steatosis but also diet, food quality and type of life can make steatosis

here is the link of what i did to resolve fatty liver in a couple of months but be aware that you need a doctor supervision and that i dont have clue of what the diet can do on cfs, losing weight resolves fatty liver most of the time:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/update-on-my-fatty-liver/show/1500346

as rgards drugs and liver, there is almost no correlation between liver damage and the way drugs work.
the liver is so important that it can be compared to digital signal: on digital there is good signal or no signal, there cannot be bad signal

the same is for the liver when there is no liver left deaths occurs, so even when liver is working badly it is still doing all its duties

as regards gcmaf i d o think it henances and repairs our immune system but it probably takes time to clear pathogens anyway even if we have a perfect immune system.

are cfs symptoms decreasing after gcmaf?how long on gcmaf?

my nagalase was so high that it is taking about a year to make it normal, i just read a report about an autism boy with nagalase similar to mine, 7.8 and he is having such an improvment on autism already at nagalase 3.3 so maybe those with tthe highest ranges may have best results
Thank you for your answere. I thought I ask it here because hbv-people are more in to the liver. The digital explanation is clear. I now need to find an other reason why my meds work different.

My nagalase went down on Gc Maf and as I've heard this happens in 80 % of cfs. I have had 18 injections and it went down from 2,4 to 0,6. Most cfs have initial nagalase between 2 and 4 and this level is not related to severity of the sickness.

I am a high responder and my nagalase went down very fast compared to others who might need between 20 and 50 injections to get within reference range.

Now my body is detoxing a lot. My c4a was very high after my last injection which is a sign something is being fought.
I am now 16 weeks further but still very sick. I have a lot of problems with high histamin which gives me shortness of breath and other problems. My post-exercise recovery, which is the main problem in cfs, seems to be slightly improving though.

As Gc Maf is still very 'new' as a treatment it is interesting to read how it effects people with different diseases. A lot of cfs get a lot of inflammation and problems with histamin. On the cfs forum there is also a Hbv and there seems to be a lot of difference in reactions to the treatment. Also HIV and cancer react different. In cfs the main problem is we dont know what we are fighting as we dont know the cause of our disease. We only now of some co-infections and we have immune abnormalities. Cytokines improve on the treatment to normal levels though.

New results on treatment of cfs with Gc Maf are expected coming months. Are there resent publications on Gc in Hbv?

Thanks,
Spring

nothing, i am the only one trying gcmaf with hbv, the same one in the cfs forum

there is another italian guy who took gcmaf for 24 weeks but he had hiv+hbv coinfection and was infected as an adult even if immune systm can be damaged it is not possible to say gcmaf cleared his hbv.
anyway his experience is 6months of hbv infection and after gcmaf he cleared  hbv almost immediately.he had poor tests so we cannot say

hiv, after 24 weeks on gcmaf he stopped hiv drugs and hivrna stayed und but he stopped gcmaf and never had tests like nagalase or expert doctors to monitor, in his area hospitals are very very poor quality and we often hear of people dye from bad healthcare.so no conclusions can be obtained from this single case

anyway we do know why hbv gets cronic (chronic), hbsag depress immune system and has receptors for both macrophages and dentric cells making them non reactive to the virus

the key is get macrophages and dentric cells to uptake hbsag and start an immune response to the virus or block hbsag like drugs on human trials since many years.proble is drug makers are not interested to market this fast cure discovered from a small pharma called replicor

anyway i ll continue gcmaf to get my nagalase to normal, and in may i will add interferon to antivirals, response to this combo is 90% with clearance in 40% at 1 year and the rest still clearing in the second year

update of feb 7th 2012 tests, hbsag still going down

Hbsag
4201iu/ml    feb 2012
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

ALT
41   feb  2012
54   jan 2012
43   dec 2011
37   oct  2011
Any update (ALT, HbsAg, Fibroscan, Vit D) Stef?

hbsag, alt early next week

fibro, vit d end of may

good luck hope this is the answer to our prayers.
You are still doing it, any updates?

Also, on gcMAF's site at the "Latest Links" there is the VDR receptor theory saying high dose Vit D could do you more harm then good in the long run (suppresses the immune system), be careful with that. Should test both D 25 and 1,25-D according to that site.

still taking d3 10.000iu to keep optimum ranges, vit d has no immuen suppression at all, it is all disinformation, vit d increases immune function ,trl7 receptors and has antiviral effect on hbv and hcv well known and studied

i am using probiotic gcmaf and not the injectable, while on imiquimod i tried to stop gcmaf 1 week and i felt all imiquimod sides due to interferon production so started back again.without gcmaf i could not eat, severe pains all over body and more fever

on cancer gcmaf has made chemio sides to zero on many patient, i have experinced a similar effect with imiquimod interferon sides
Since you recommended 10,000iu of vitamin D3..  my chest pains have gone. I don't need to take aspirin anymore. And my energy levels are up.

You don't know if anybody in the US sells/makes gcmaf?  

The key is the  immune system no doubt to overcome HBV..
Thanks for sharing your experience and informing the other members!

Regarding the downregulated VDR, why would they put it on gcmaf's site, if this is disinformation? Did you talk to the persons selling you the gcmaf about this, asking them why do they put disinformation on their site?...it does not make much sense to me that those very smart people at gcmaf would put disinformation on their site, although it could happen.

Not to mention that M Marshall (the scientist who came up with the VDR theory) did this for years with public conferences and everything (check on youtube), this is not a single isolated study made in a bogus lab.

I am not saying you are wrong, my problem is the same as yours (chronic hep b) and I am trying to find a way out of this. You seem to be much more experienced/informed then me, but it does not make sense this whole VDR receptor theory is misinformation. Did you, at least, checked your 1,25-d level also?

I know vit D increases immune function and everything, but the right approach is:
1) to supplement it
2) to detox the VDR receptor (downregulated by certains pathogens, according to dr Marshall) so the D level increases by itself to normal?

I guess it depends from person to person. Some will have VDR blocked, some will just need more sun.

Also, there is something called Vit D co-factors, for example: http://www.freegrab.net/cofactors1.htm, but many other info about it all over the net.

depends person to person ad even vdr is not the key of gcmaf, the probiotic type works on all vdr types while the injectable does not work on one vdr type

anyway i dont think gcmaf can clear hbv, it has worked in cases of hbv acquired as adults with aids/immune suppression, gcmaf corrected immune suppression and hbv got cleared, in our cases of hbv infection from birth i dont think it works

vitd25oh levels work as antiviral when reaching 80-90ng/ml on some members here
I started sweating at night since I  take 10.000 iu of vitamin d. Does that mean i have activated my immune system? I do feel more energy.

it can be many things, all that matters is:
serum calcium or unrine calcium normal
vitd25oh not more than 100ng/ml and not less 60ng/ml
Dear Stef
              I am HbsAg +ve donno since when. I got to know when i donated blood last year december. presently HBV DNA is 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, ALT - 66, AST - 48, rest all LFT is within normal range, i am feeling mild pain under the right lower ribs, HbeAg is Negative and Anti HbeAg is +ve. Please Advise. Doc is suggesting Interferon which i cannot afford due to its cost or tab Tenovir one each day. is it ok
Tenofovir or entecavir is fine. But know that it is lifetime in our cases with e negative hep b.

You can use regular interferon and do injections every day. It is even cheaper then tenofovir.
must check HbsAG quantity and fibroscan inconjunction wtih hep DNA.  HEp DNA in itself cannot tell the whole story anymore.  

we all had that liver pain and it means nothing, fibroscan will confeirm if you need treatment or can wait for real hbv drugs that cure hbv, just keep monitoring especially hbsag quant in iu/ml, fibroscan and ast/alt
There's also a lab in Australia, called:

integrative laboratory services, 1046A Dandenong Road Carnegie, Victoria 3163.

Tel: (03) 95738888
Fax: (03) 9578899
What about doing high doses of intravenous vitamin C to help stimulate the immune system?

I think you are right on the nagalase levels relating to macrophage suppression. I suspect that is why all of the important vitamins with us are low..  
stef, is there other indirect test available to check the neglase level indirectly which is easily available.

no it is a very complex test and only few research labs are doing the tests in europe also for private patients, ELN in holland is the only one i know or redlabs.com but also redlabs ships to ELN

nagalase i elevated on hbv too many members sent me test results and it is very elavated, all i received was from 3 to min 6.7 (autism, cfs have values like 1 or 1.5 only metastatic cancers have high values like 5 or 7), i received only one test from a member with hbsab between 10-30miu/ml and his nagalase was almost normal around 0.69

so in the end the experience with gcmaf and hbv is as regards my case:
fast cirrhosis regression (probably the effect of gcmaf plus heptech), latest research has shown stemcell activation

no effect on hbv infection but i never checked if i reached normal nagalase because it was too heavy to travel to holland, my last test was nagalase around 2
now we have labs in italy shipping the nagalase test to holland so i will recheck it soon
Dear Stef,                   I am HbsAg +ve donno since when. I got to know when i donated blood in 2011 december. Tested HBV DNA on Sep 2012 and it is 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, ALT - 66, AST - 48, rest all LFT is within normal range, i was feeling mild pain under the right lower ribs, HbeAg is Negative and Anti HbeAg is +ve. Doc advise to take tdf for six months and test again. 
Aug 2013 report is HBV DNA is < 6 iu/ ml = < 35 copies/ml. Alt 26 and Ast 26. Rest all reports are within normal. What is the next course of treatmant? Pls advise. I am feeling occassional mild pain under the right lower ribs.