GCMAF therapy

first low dose 0.125ml, everything ok, i feel nothing unusual

headache or tireness are sometimes reported as the immune system activates at first injections but i felt nothing

http://www.gcmaf.co.uk/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=14

more info on gcmaf, i found very interesting the videos at the bottom of the page by dr.Kevin Bethel MD
i didnt know gcmaf is mainly produced by liver cells and it may have a role also in liver failure and not only immune system coordination

interesting comment of dr  Jeff Bradstreet on nagalase.this is refered to presence of nagalase in autism due to unresolved viral infections so the comment may apply to all viral infections

The enzyme nagalase is produced by cancer cells and viruses.  Since it is clear cancer is not feature of autism, it is most likely viral mediated enzyme activity (although in rare cases children with autism could have an undiagnosed cancer – this is unlikely). Viruses make the nagalase enzyme as part of the their attachment proteins. It serves to get the virus into the cell and also decreases the body’s immune reaction to the virus – thereby increasing the odds of viral survival.

As previously stated on this blog – the target of nagalase is the GcMAF or Vitamin D3 receptor. It is capable of inactivation this cell receptor and reducing both Vitamin D function and immune function.
Some more info about GcMAF at this link

http://lettherebeelight.blogspot.com/2011/10/gcmaf.html

Here is what the blogger says:

"If you are considering GcMAF as recently mentioned by Dr. Klinghardt on the LymeHope.com conference call, please ensure you have your Nagalase levels tested before and during treatment. Also be aware that some patients (around 5%) have a significant inflammatory response that may require other interventions to manage. Thus, while GcMAF may be promising and a good option for some of us, it requires a doctor that is familiar with it to help with the blood testing and support during the 4-6 months of injection therapy. Please discuss with your doctor before trying this on your own."

And there is some more info on the blog. Might be helpful...
Also be aware that some patients (around 5%) have a significant inflammatory response

this happens on aids patients and cfs patients that have same immune caos as aids.also advanced cancers have inflammation, which is the first step of immune response

all other cases no sides but cancer, aids, autism, cfs, all need a doctor monitoring, possibly with gcmaf knowledge or experience

thanks enoli, my full tests are close, hbsag 19th oct and nagalase/full tests end november, i do hope to find some results from gcmaf, not clearance but some effects on hbv
I hope that too Stef. Praying for you :)
praying for all of uss
Of course Yasin, I wish and pray for a cure for all of us, me, you, Stef and everyone else.
Here is a more complete link from the same blogger above

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/247-gcmaf

Very detailed info about the use of GcMAF
parying stef and for all of us
im looking forward for stefano's latest results :)
I am praying for you to have favorable results.
Did you get your hbsag result and how you feeling if you compare before GCMAF

hbsag still around 5000iu/ml

how you feeling if you compare before GCMAF

complitely different in terms of almost never fatigue, before gcmaf i could not travel long trips or stand up for long times
i also cleared candida mouth infections and decreased nagalase 50% in 3 months

next round of complete tests at the end of nov will tell
some results after therapy with:
entecavir+nitazoxanide (alinia)+vitamin d3+antioxidants from heptech+gcmaf 30 weeks
the resuls are probably due to the combo of all, antioxidants,vit d3 and gcmaf have all good effect on liver (gcmaf is produced by the liver and is beneficial also in liver failure).there is a overall trend of improvment but still irrelevant on hbsag quantity

hbsag
december results no ready yet
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml
4873,8iu/ml (4months on entecavir already)

VIT D

67,7
49,7
48,7
58,8
57,6
started gcmaf - vit d between 5000-10000iu daily
42,9
34,6
28,7ng/ml
30ng/ml
47ng/ml
11ng/ml
25,24ng/ml
12,6ng/ml  started 5000iu daily

fibroscan

6,1kpa
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
Wow, fibroscan is definitely improving! Do you know how gcmaf helps in repairing the liver? It's a big improvement!
Vitamine D is also better I believe!
Hope to see HBsAg result budging significantly!!

you know one problem is i stopped alinia between august and september with hbvdna getting detactable below 20iu/ml, this means virus is free to infect new cells in the liver and increase hbsag.
tenofovir was added to replace alinia nov 17 and hbvdna should get und again by 1 month

infact hbsag got 5236iu/ml in nov, not that big increase anyway so we will see if the trend in lowering goes on, i have no plans to stop gcmaf since the possible positive effects and no sides

next hbsag in feb 2012, interferon add-on is planned on 2012, researchers confirmed alredy that gcmaf is not controindicated during interferon.

there are no studies on this, just observations by some scientists.of course this is all unfunded so only patients can find out by administration

what we know for a proven fact:
gcmaf is produced by the liver and is a part of albumins, a damaged liver has reduced albumins and reduced gcmaf, some scientists found improvments on those with liver failure (advanced decompensated liver) with gcmaf administration
Don't worry too much! HBsAg is very variable so + or - 1000, it's not really changing much.
Plus, vitamin d and heptech should help a lot, no HbsAg result with this combo yet but you are definitely controlling it...

nagalase results at 6 months gcmaf therapy, still elevated 2.1, we may see an effect when it reaches 1.0 at least

elevated nagalase like mine at 6.7 baseline usually requires 48-50 weeks

oxidative stress blood tests are well within normal range now

update of december 2011 tests, hbsag still going down slowly hopefully my alt flare at 54 in january with hbvdna undetactable is clearing infected cells and lowering hbsag much more for feb 2012 test
fibroscan very normal range decreasing fast from 6.1 to 5.6  in just 9 weeks

hbsag
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

fibroscan
5.6kpa feb 07, 2012
6,1kpa dec 06,2011
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
why did hbsag go from 4995iu/ml back up to 5236,59iu/ml before december?

those are small changes in hbsag of no relevance, the pattern is what counts.

the test has diluition with a possible  error of about 500iu/ml
i added alt too because it is interesting to see how regression of cirrhosis is not correlted with normal alt (but of course very high alt like >100 dont help)

only when hbvdna undetactable
clearance of hbsag can be faster with abnormal alt and of course the higher the alt values the faster hbv immune clearance

Hbsag
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

ALT
54
35
46
27
33
49
47
42
40
44
47

fibroscan
5.6kpa feb 07, 2012
6,1kpa dec 06,2011
6,3kpa
gcmaf
9,2kpa
9kpa
13,9kpa
16,3Kpa
15,9Kpa
Hi, I' m new here. i have ME (also known als CFS) and have been treated with Gc Maf. I'm not doing better but my nagalse is within range and there seems to be a lot of cleaning up going on in my body. I am expierencing a lot of detox/inflammation.

My question to you is, if the liver gets better, do you notice you need to take more of your other medications to work? It looks like mine don't work as well as before. My liver showed hepatosis before treatment, but the cause is unknown. Maybe you've heard about htis from others or your doctor. I would appreciate any answeres or thoughts.

Bye,
spring

sorry spring but hbv and cfs are so different that we cannot compare anything between the two diseases except viral pathogens clearance, of course that is the same in you and hbvers

as regards steatosis there are two ways to do produce it and the base is the same, lipids/sugar metabolism, hbv and hcv are known to unbalance this metabolism making steatosis but also diet, food quality and type of life can make steatosis

here is the link of what i did to resolve fatty liver in a couple of months but be aware that you need a doctor supervision and that i dont have clue of what the diet can do on cfs, losing weight resolves fatty liver most of the time:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/update-on-my-fatty-liver/show/1500346

as rgards drugs and liver, there is almost no correlation between liver damage and the way drugs work.
the liver is so important that it can be compared to digital signal: on digital there is good signal or no signal, there cannot be bad signal

the same is for the liver when there is no liver left deaths occurs, so even when liver is working badly it is still doing all its duties

as regards gcmaf i d o think it henances and repairs our immune system but it probably takes time to clear pathogens anyway even if we have a perfect immune system.

are cfs symptoms decreasing after gcmaf?how long on gcmaf?

my nagalase was so high that it is taking about a year to make it normal, i just read a report about an autism boy with nagalase similar to mine, 7.8 and he is having such an improvment on autism already at nagalase 3.3 so maybe those with tthe highest ranges may have best results
Thank you for your answere. I thought I ask it here because hbv-people are more in to the liver. The digital explanation is clear. I now need to find an other reason why my meds work different.

My nagalase went down on Gc Maf and as I've heard this happens in 80 % of cfs. I have had 18 injections and it went down from 2,4 to 0,6. Most cfs have initial nagalase between 2 and 4 and this level is not related to severity of the sickness.

I am a high responder and my nagalase went down very fast compared to others who might need between 20 and 50 injections to get within reference range.

Now my body is detoxing a lot. My c4a was very high after my last injection which is a sign something is being fought.
I am now 16 weeks further but still very sick. I have a lot of problems with high histamin which gives me shortness of breath and other problems. My post-exercise recovery, which is the main problem in cfs, seems to be slightly improving though.

As Gc Maf is still very 'new' as a treatment it is interesting to read how it effects people with different diseases. A lot of cfs get a lot of inflammation and problems with histamin. On the cfs forum there is also a Hbv and there seems to be a lot of difference in reactions to the treatment. Also HIV and cancer react different. In cfs the main problem is we dont know what we are fighting as we dont know the cause of our disease. We only now of some co-infections and we have immune abnormalities. Cytokines improve on the treatment to normal levels though.

New results on treatment of cfs with Gc Maf are expected coming months. Are there resent publications on Gc in Hbv?

Thanks,
Spring

nothing, i am the only one trying gcmaf with hbv, the same one in the cfs forum

there is another italian guy who took gcmaf for 24 weeks but he had hiv+hbv coinfection and was infected as an adult even if immune systm can be damaged it is not possible to say gcmaf cleared his hbv.
anyway his experience is 6months of hbv infection and after gcmaf he cleared  hbv almost immediately.he had poor tests so we cannot say

hiv, after 24 weeks on gcmaf he stopped hiv drugs and hivrna stayed und but he stopped gcmaf and never had tests like nagalase or expert doctors to monitor, in his area hospitals are very very poor quality and we often hear of people dye from bad healthcare.so no conclusions can be obtained from this single case

anyway we do know why hbv gets cronic, hbsag depress immune system and has receptors for both macrophages and dentric cells making them non reactive to the virus

the key is get macrophages and dentric cells to uptake hbsag and start an immune response to the virus or block hbsag like drugs on human trials since many years.proble is drug makers are not interested to market this fast cure discovered from a small pharma called replicor

anyway i ll continue gcmaf to get my nagalase to normal, and in may i will add interferon to antivirals, response to this combo is 90% with clearance in 40% at 1 year and the rest still clearing in the second year

update of feb 7th 2012 tests, hbsag still going down

Hbsag
4201iu/ml    feb 2012
4572iu/ml    december 2011
5236,59iu/ml
4995iu/ml
5484iu/ml
started gcmaf
6255iu/ml
5381iu/ml
6217,9iu/ml
4590iu/ml
7272iu/ml
5397iu/ml

ALT
41   feb  2012
54   jan 2012
43   dec 2011
37   oct  2011
Any update (ALT, HbsAg, Fibroscan, Vit D) Stef?

hbsag, alt early next week

fibro, vit d end of may

good luck hope this is the answer to our prayers.
You are still doing it, any updates?

Also, on gcMAF's site at the "Latest Links" there is the VDR receptor theory saying high dose Vit D could do you more harm then good in the long run (suppresses the immune system), be careful with that. Should test both D 25 and 1,25-D according to that site.

still taking d3 10.000iu to keep optimum ranges, vit d has no immuen suppression at all, it is all disinformation, vit d increases immune function ,trl7 receptors and has antiviral effect on hbv and hcv well known and studied

i am using probiotic gcmaf and not the injectable, while on imiquimod i tried to stop gcmaf 1 week and i felt all imiquimod sides due to interferon production so started back again.without gcmaf i could not eat, severe pains all over body and more fever

on cancer gcmaf has made chemio sides to zero on many patient, i have experinced a similar effect with imiquimod interferon sides
Since you recommended 10,000iu of vitamin D3..  my chest pains have gone. I don't need to take aspirin anymore. And my energy levels are up.

You don't know if anybody in the US sells/makes gcmaf?  

The key is the  immune system no doubt to overcome HBV..
Thanks for sharing your experience and informing the other members!

Regarding the downregulated VDR, why would they put it on gcmaf's site, if this is disinformation? Did you talk to the persons selling you the gcmaf about this, asking them why do they put disinformation on their site?...it does not make much sense to me that those very smart people at gcmaf would put disinformation on their site, although it could happen.

Not to mention that M Marshall (the scientist who came up with the VDR theory) did this for years with public conferences and everything (check on youtube), this is not a single isolated study made in a bogus lab.

I am not saying you are wrong, my problem is the same as yours (chronic hep b) and I am trying to find a way out of this. You seem to be much more experienced/informed then me, but it does not make sense this whole VDR receptor theory is misinformation. Did you, at least, checked your 1,25-d level also?

I know vit D increases immune function and everything, but the right approach is:
1) to supplement it
2) to detox the VDR receptor (downregulated by certains pathogens, according to dr Marshall) so the D level increases by itself to normal?

I guess it depends from person to person. Some will have VDR blocked, some will just need more sun.

Also, there is something called Vit D co-factors, for example: http://www.freegrab.net/cofactors1.htm, but many other info about it all over the net.

depends person to person ad even vdr is not the key of gcmaf, the probiotic type works on all vdr types while the injectable does not work on one vdr type

anyway i dont think gcmaf can clear hbv, it has worked in cases of hbv acquired as adults with aids/immune suppression, gcmaf corrected immune suppression and hbv got cleared, in our cases of hbv infection from birth i dont think it works

vitd25oh levels work as antiviral when reaching 80-90ng/ml on some members here
I started sweating at night since I  take 10.000 iu of vitamin d. Does that mean i have activated my immune system? I do feel more energy.

it can be many things, all that matters is:
serum calcium or unrine calcium normal
vitd25oh not more than 100ng/ml and not less 60ng/ml
Dear Stef
              I am HbsAg +ve donno since when. I got to know when i donated blood last year december. presently HBV DNA is 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, ALT - 66, AST - 48, rest all LFT is within normal range, i am feeling mild pain under the right lower ribs, HbeAg is Negative and Anti HbeAg is +ve. Please Advise. Doc is suggesting Interferon which i cannot afford due to its cost or tab Tenovir one each day. is it ok
Tenofovir or entecavir is fine. But know that it is lifetime in our cases with e negative hep b.

You can use regular interferon and do injections every day. It is even cheaper then tenofovir.
must check HbsAG quantity and fibroscan inconjunction wtih hep DNA.  HEp DNA in itself cannot tell the whole story anymore.  

we all had that liver pain and it means nothing, fibroscan will confeirm if you need treatment or can wait for real hbv drugs that cure hbv, just keep monitoring especially hbsag quant in iu/ml, fibroscan and ast/alt
There's also a lab in Australia, called:

integrative laboratory services, 1046A Dandenong Road Carnegie, Victoria 3163.

Tel: (03) 95738888
Fax: (03) 9578899
What about doing high doses of intravenous vitamin C to help stimulate the immune system?

I think you are right on the nagalase levels relating to macrophage suppression. I suspect that is why all of the important vitamins with us are low..  
stef, is there other indirect test available to check the neglase level indirectly which is easily available.

no it is a very complex test and only few research labs are doing the tests in europe also for private patients, ELN in holland is the only one i know or redlabs.com but also redlabs ships to ELN

nagalase i elevated on hbv too many members sent me test results and it is very elavated, all i received was from 3 to min 6.7 (autism, cfs have values like 1 or 1.5 only metastatic cancers have high values like 5 or 7), i received only one test from a member with hbsab between 10-30miu/ml and his nagalase was almost normal around 0.69

so in the end the experience with gcmaf and hbv is as regards my case:
fast cirrhosis regression (probably the effect of gcmaf plus heptech), latest research has shown stemcell activation

no effect on hbv infection but i never checked if i reached normal nagalase because it was too heavy to travel to holland, my last test was nagalase around 2
now we have labs in italy shipping the nagalase test to holland so i will recheck it soon
Dear Stef,                   I am HbsAg +ve donno since when. I got to know when i donated blood in 2011 december. Tested HBV DNA on Sep 2012 and it is 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, ALT - 66, AST - 48, rest all LFT is within normal range, i was feeling mild pain under the right lower ribs, HbeAg is Negative and Anti HbeAg is +ve. Doc advise to take tdf for six months and test again. 
Aug 2013 report is HBV DNA is < 6 iu/ ml = < 35 copies/ml. Alt 26 and Ast 26. Rest all reports are within normal. What is the next course of treatmant? Pls advise. I am feeling occassional mild pain under the right lower ribs.