Hepatitis B Community
Generic Entecavir

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Generic Entecavir

Has anybody experienced these generic entecavir drugs?  Are they as good as Baraclude? They are made in Vietnam:
1.  Caavirel by PYMEPHARCO
2.  SYLIV by Pharimexco

They are half cheaper than Baraclude.

if you have chances to buy entecavir brand by baraclue in india it is about 100euro (212 indian rupee)per month, the generics are the same and the cost is about 50euro

in my research the safe drugs from asia are (do forget vietnam i don t know if entecavir made there is reliable)
entecavir baraclude about 100euro per month/ 212 indian rupee
entaco made by ranbaxy, half baraclude price, reliable, ranbaxy is one of the biggest generics rpoducers in the world and even if fda wanted to ban this drug maker he can t because there are no producers in US for many of ranbaxy drugs
entehep, i'd skip this

i'd definitely go for baraclude at such low price.bear in mind that baraclude entecavir is useless on hbv it just stops liver damage by the virus but at the same time allows infection persistance.tenofovir is better and more potent
whtever info u hv fr BARACLUDE is false and wrong info xcpt the price...yes..price is 212 INR per day therapy unless untill u hv any Assistance programme with you...BARACLUDE is a damn good medicine in HBV as it lowers the HBV DNA level in ur blood on continuous treatment.it also reverse ur liver structurally..it reverses the fibrosis and cirrhosis..its proven..and mind it this medicine is backed up by atleast 500 studies...worldwide.its a miraculous drug.And bro generics are also not matchable with BARACLUDE as originators are originators...generics r copycat.Just tell me can Enteca match with BARACLUDE when comes to low dosing and precise dosing in conditions like CHB????No Gastro or Hepatologists should prefer the generics as the don't have any clinical trials...what they have only bioequivalance study and that a ******** study...if u want to debate just reply me buddy.

i m sorry all you said is wrong the ingredients are the same the name of the drug has no importance while the cost has.
brand entecavir in india is about 100usd per month so you don t even have to look for the lowest price of the generic which is half that prce.generics are very good to lower prices, virad has reached as low as 7usd per month in some asian countries

both antivirals are useless on virus and only lower replication but the infection goes on and usually more cells gets infected under these antivirals.
THEY ARE NOT AN HBV CURE!

by lowering replication they can only stop  and reverse liver damage, but as posted about the last european liver meeting in berlin these antivirals might become soon useless because the first drugs active directly on virus (and not the replication only) are getting available on the trials

baraclude (entecavir) is one of the worst antivirals because under cancerogenesis stict control (mice got lung cancer on this drug) and has 1,2% resistance at 3 years.it cannot be used if some lam mutants are present
it remains the only choice for those like me with weak kidenys

tenofovir is the best hbv antiviral, 0% resistance, most potent

hbv eradication?antivirals combo with interferon, or maybe alinia combos with interferon...the future probably gcmaf and replicor
hey frnd....if u really go in deep with the clinical trials of Tenefovir...u will find that in 103 trial of TNF 10-12% patients of CHB patients were added emtricitabine.Thats the reason it is not showing any resistance.The monotherapy data with TNF is of only 72 weeks,where as with baraclude 6 yrs of study shows 94% viral load reduction in e+ patients without any combination therapy.
Can u think of the possibility when the combination therapy will get resistance to a patient????
The only options available to these patients will be liver transplant...which will cost those patients a huge cost..
What ever stef says is absolutely correct.Baraclude may lower the virus levels but not as effective as tenofoir... Baraclude mainly concentrates on Viral replication using reverse transcription rather than the virus itself.
Entecavir is a nucleoside analog (more specifically, a guanosine analogue) that inhibits reverse transcription, DNA replication and transcription in the viral replication process. All oral antivirals for Hepatitis B, including Tenofovir, inhibit the replication process, they do not affect the HBV cccDNA.
Hi. Stef:

by lowering replication they can only stop  and reverse liver damage, but as posted about the last european liver meeting in berlin these antivirals might become soon useless because the first drugs active directly on virus (and not the replication only) are getting available on the trials .

Please explain: "first drugs active directly on virus (and not the replication only) are getting available on the trials "

Thanks.

Dan
"virad has reached as low as 7usd per month in some asian countries"

Do you mean "Viread"? Please tell me where you can find the 7USD per month supplier?

Many thanks.

i read this in 2010 maybe early 2011, viread was losing so much market in asia due to cipla and others generics to make a deal with the researchers who discovered tdf and cut thier let's say "royaltis", i dont know correct word for this, and made viread as low as 7usd per months in some asian countires (not india)

this was reported as new but i dont know if they ever done this, they choose the most poor in asia so i guess vietnam or cambodia.their purpose was just ruin generic markets, nothing to do with patients
Thanks, stef2011. It is quite "criminal" for big pharmas to be making money from the poor after they had made a very handsome profit already. In China, the cost burden of years of treatments of antiviral is very heavy, especially when, in some cases, the whole family need to be treated. If you come across cheap Viread, do let us know. Do you have any opinions on the generic Tenofovir produced in India?

the generic in india is absolutely the same as brands, it is just cheap and easy chemicals.....so easy to do.

tenofovir should not be patented because the active compound has been discovered so long time, they just added something to make the patent so india is even right when they never allowed tdf to be patented

a pharmacist can even make tdf it itself and i know some people in china do so
I just remember, Viread is a pro-drug, that is, it is turned into Tenofovir inside the liver (that is my understanding). So I wonder whether the Indian generic is the same?

yes yes, it is exactly the same and i did try it myself for 1-2 weeks in 2010 just to double check if my kidneys were able to stand tdf
Thanks. There is a Chinese forum member who made his own Entecavir and takes it too. Amazing.

it would be good to have online explanations on "how to do it yourself" for biologists or pharmacists.
itlian pharmacists were alllowed to do drugs not long ago but now big pharma allows only cheap and not patented drugs to be made by pharmacy, too bad, but it is not against the law to do it yourself if you have the knowledge to do it perfectly

self made drugs are even better quality because 100% puyrity canbe reached while big pharma is often less purity at 99,5%
i had taken hepatitis b antidote in 12 years ago,,,but since 2007 i have physical relationship(non-protected sex) with my partner,,he has hepa b(chronic),,,is there any chance of infections????currently i have mild pain in my right abdominal area