Hepatitis B Community
Getting married with a Hep B carrier

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Getting married with a Hep B carrier

I'm getting married in 4 months with a Hepatitis B carrier, which means I have to be vaccinated. He's in good condition, and the virus is dormant. I checked and found out that Hep B vaccinations should be delivered 3 times in a period of 6 months. (I've never had Hepatitis)
Does it mean that after I'm getting married, we should practise safe sex (e.g. with condoms) and not trying for a baby yet for at least 2 months, after the last injection?

--One month after the completion of your vaccination, test to make sure you are HBsAB positive.  If confirmed, you are safe without condom, etc.  When later your baby comes, make sure the doctor knows about his posotive HBsAg so that the baby can be vaccinated appropriately.

Best.
I am the Hep B carrier by birth. My dad, he is a blood donor all his life and my mom is a carrier.  Recently, I met a guy, he stopped relationship with me after he knew I am the carrier.

He is afraid that he might get it. Is there any chance that he might get it even though he take the vaccination.

Please help...
Have him be tested for HBsAB, if positive then he is immune to HBV and he CANNOT get HBV from you.

Educate him but don't force him into anything.  God has a plan for everything.
Thank you for the advised...anyway he is gone from  my life and he make up his mind not to have any relationship with me or anything to do with me. He blocked me from every way that i reach him.

I am worried that is this the life that I might have to go through if I meet a guy in future. The moment they know I have Hep B and they just avoid the relationship with me?

I do not want to stay single and the same time I am afraid not to get someone who can understand me with what I had. I am not worried how long I can live but I want to know how to make this guys understand my situation and make them accept me. I want to have family and I want to live like normal people.

I need a way out to get some advise how to handle this situation and how to deal with guys in future.

Please someone help me....
Knowledge is power.  First, arm yourself with as much as possible; then be candid and let the "he" understand that with positive HBsAB HBV is harmless.  You are just as good as a girl without HBV.
I had a report shown as below: (old report)

Anti-HAV     Neg
HBsAg         T.F
Anti - HBs    9.4 > 10 - Immune              HBsAg : 296.38 (greater than 2.0S/N-Positive)

What is that means on the report. I am confused about Hep A and Hep B now. I just told my dad that about i mentioned Hep B with that guy and he told me is not Hep B that I have is just a Hep A. Before I am going to see my doctor again to get the recent report i want to know the different Hep A and Hep B?

You have never had HAV (Anti-HAV Neg);

You have HBV (HBsAg : 296.38 (greater than 2.0S/N-Positive) )

You are right: have the liver panel test done to know your current status.

Post your new lab results here and we will try to help.

Include HBsAg, HBsAB, HBeAg, HBeAB, ALT, AST, HBV-DNA.
I will post when I get my test done.

1) what is the different of Hep A and Hep B?

2) Which one is more serious?

3) From the old report, can you tell is a Hep A or Hep B?
cajim,

You mentioned this before: Have him be tested for HBsAB, if positive then he is immune to HBV and he CANNOT get HBV from you.

So now I have HBV....what it that means?

I am not good in medical stuffs...I am useless for all this. Please explain more to me.

--Two different viruses.  A has no chronic state, you get it and are immune forever; B has chronic state.

2) Which one is more serious?

--B because it can turn chronic.

--B.

--You need to understand it and deal with it to lead a normal life.
Hi Cajim,

Thank you for your reply. I know that I have to deal with it...is kind of hard and make my confidence level down all the time with what I experience lately.

can any body explain me the results which i got in reports

IN RANGE                      OUT OF RANGE                REFERENCE RANGE
HEPATITIS B VIRUS DNA       <100                                                                            <100
HEPATITIS B VIRUS DNA        <160                                                                           <160

HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN                 REACTIVE

HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIBODY              <5                                                mIU/mL

by pttt, less than a minute ago
THESE R MY PREVIOUS RESULTS
                                             Referred Testing
HBV DNA                                  1501                                  iu/ml

dynamic range of this assay is 357 to 17,857,143  iu/ml
hi.. im very much worried about my situation now, I am 2 months pregnant and my test result shows that i am hepBsAg- reactive. what does it means? what should i do? please advice me.. thank you
Hi Sumei000,

Sorry to post a public message here.

But I have a friend, who also had a similar story like you. He is kind of a nice hearted guy, and does not want to marry someone unless he tells the girl everything. And like in your case, they never stick once they know.

If it is not too much to ask then could I please request you to have a discussion if you would be interested to have a look at his profile?

Regards,
Ram
hello hi, i am suffering from hbv infection.. i have chronic hbv infection. i had noticed that in 2009 and under gone for medical tests, then the viral load is less than detectable. now again i went for tests in 2012 and i came to know that now the hbv viral load is 2,02,845 IU/ML.. so what i had to do now.. cani make that viral load again into less than detectable range or not and can i make the hbsag viral negative in me.. please suggest me
am seriously searching for u to marry u cause am also a victim and remember two person with the same conditions well coordinate and keep secrete.
hi everyone! let us help spread the news that HBV is not a sexually transmitted disease as it is only transferred by blood such as if it is injected, via using contaminated razors or sharing toothbrush wth one who is infected... for women you can pass the virus to ur baby but can be prevented by infrming ur doctor about ur condition so as to give the newborn proper vaccine tto avoid from acquiring HBV..

my husband is a carrier as he got it from his mom.. he learned his illnes last 2007 and we got married a year ago but i was able discover his condition a year ago... at that time i was in denial coz i already presumed that i ws able to acquire the disease and few weeks ago i consulted a doctor and she told me its not an STD so i had my blood checked together wth my two kids and indeed the result was me and my 2 kids are non reactive...
I think it is irresponsible to spread an erroneous message based on one case of personal experience.
This is from WHO website:
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs204/en/

Transmission

Hepatitis B virus is transmitted between people by direct blood-to-blood contact or semen and vaginal fluid of an infected person. Modes of transmission are the same as those for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), but the hepatitis B virus is 50 to 100 times more infectious. Unlike HIV, the hepatitis B virus can survive outside the body for at least seven days. During this time, the virus can still cause infection if it enters the body of a person who is not protected by the vaccine.

In developing countries, common modes of transmission are:

perinatal (from mother to baby at birth)
    early childhood infections (inapparent infection through close interpersonal contact with infected household contacts)
    unsafe injection practices
    unsafe blood transfusions
    unprotected sexual contact.

In many developed countries (e.g. those in western Europe and North America), patterns of transmission are different from those in developing countries. The majority of infections in developed countries are transmitted during young adulthood by sexual activity and injecting drug use. Hepatitis B is a major infectious occupational hazard of health workers.

The hepatitis B virus is not spread by contaminated food or water, and cannot be spread casually in the workplace.