Hepatitis B Community
Gilead GS9620 Prediction
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gilead GS9620 Prediction

I am making a prediction that this drug will be released by Gilead in 2017/2018.

Why?  Gilead loses the patent on Viread in 2017/2018.  Their cash cow will have run its course and they will be more than happy to release this drug to continue to reap the money for HBV treatment.  

There is one thing I remember Dr. Gish telling me that I won't forget.  He said "you know Gilead is working on a drug that will make it so you don't have to take Viread for ever.  It's kind of odd that they'd be working on a drug that will eliminate their Viread income".  

Not really.  If they release it when Viread loses patent, it's a win-win for them!
Tags: GS9620, Gilead, viread, tenofovir
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
"I am making a prediction that this drug will be released by Gilead in 2017/2018. "

Provided that GS9620 shows the expected efficacy on hbvers (and hcvers).
Blank
They've already done small cohort human trials, and the drug works and is well tolerated.  
Blank
Really?  They already have a small amount of data on hbvers (human), not just healthy volunteers?  Were they cured?  If so, that would be truly exciting.
Blank

i do hope myrcludex and replicor are able to fasten this process or imiquimod itself show some effect, this is the only thing to make them move very fast

Blank
So,
Now, we have three horses running in the course: rep9ac(replicor), mycrludex and GS9620 ..

Good ,, i hope number of horses will increase ..
at least one of them reach to the finalist soooon ..
Blank
Actually there are 4, if you include the sRNAi from Arrowhead Research.
Blank
Had appt with Gish - he said there is unreleased data from clinical trials showing GS 9620 has been effective, and non-toxic in escalating doses.  He also said clinical trials are still ongoing and they've relaxed the inclusion criteria, so others may be able to join (veteranB).
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...