Hepatitis B Community
Got news! I've Hep B...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Got news! I've Hep B...

I just found out I'm reactive to HBsAg in a routine screening. Since then (3 days ago) I got full tested (blood, urine and a eco on my liver). Here are the results:

HBsAg (>1000)
HBsAc (8)
HBcAc - IgM (>9)
HbeAc (non reactive)
SGOT (676 U/l)
SGPT (1427 U/l)
GGT (90 U/l)

I feel a bit sick and I have this sensation in my liver (although not pain) which I think it would be expected taken my liver function tests .

All other values are normal.

My question is: as I've never had any risk behavior (no sex outside - my wife is vaccinated and don't have Ag - no needles) how can I have Hep B? And since I have hep B without any risky behavior should I get all my unvaccinated relatives tested?

Thanks for your interest!
yes! i think your infected since birth and you're a chronic HBV carrier..and according to your lab tst result your HBeAg (envelope) is non-reactive but your SGPT and SGOT are both elevated, i think you have to undergo an ultra sound of the liver to see if you have a fatty liver..you have a very high SGPT and you have to discuss it with your doctor..i suggest GODEX.
Hi Zohan,

Thanks for your interest.

I don't have hep b since birth as I was tested in the past and always negative. Actually the HBeAg is missing. What I have is the HBeAc non reactive.

I've been to the doctor and he believes it's an hep b in its active phase. Need to wait to see if it became chronic.
i think your case is an acute hepa b and it's 100% treatable, just eat healthy foods and no alcohol intake, avoid fatty foods, i'm sure you already discussed it with your doctor..
After 6 month I'm still positive for HBsAg, HBeAg and 700.000.000 Ui/ml VHB DNA.

The prognostic is to be chronical hepB although my HBcAb-IgM is still positive.

Is there hope of remission???
The genotype is E so it was caught during my recent trips to Africa :(

hbsag quantity in iu/ml might tell if you are clearing or not, hbvdna is not indicative of hbv clearance, anyway we can guess that after 6 months you are going to get chronic
you can do the following:
check your vitd and be sure it is 80-90ng/ml

start gcmaf treatment to get your immune system to competent, only adults with damaged immune systems go to chronic hbv and it ll be easy to see how your immune system is by nagalase and cd counts tests but i d not waste time on this we already know it is damaged since hbv is there

i ve met another adult coinfected hiv plus hbv and like you hbv was over 6 months and getting to chronic, in 1 month of gcmaf he cleared hbv and he got hivrna undetectable with no antivirals, it worths give it a try
if you want to try gcmaf get vitd25oh over 40ng/ml before starting and add oliv oil to your diet, vdr receptors need both vit d and oleic acid to attach gcmaf protein to cells
What is gcmaf? Is it an approved drug?

Thks.
you basically became EAG+ve after 6 months? it seems strange... I do think you're a carrier since birth in the immune clearance phase...
it is not a drug it is a protein in our blood to live, without it we dye

do you have previous tests showing you had no hbv?it is very very rare for an adult not to clear hbv
Hi grmr,

That would contradict the tests I've made in the past. I've already been tested negative for hepB 2 years ago (my mother is a doctor so I do get tested a lot).

HBcAb IgM is still positive also which is not coherent with a chronic scenario...
Hi grmr,

I've been tested for hepB regularly (last one was 2 years ago) and always negative so it contradicts the thesis for a older infection.

HBcAb IgM is also positive which is coherent with a chronic scenario.
ok if we are sure you got it as adult boost your immune system as soon as possible by making vitd25oh to 80-90ng/ml, as posted by recent studies vit d lowers hbv replication probably influencing trl7 activation

gcmaf is the best way to rebuild your immune system which is damaged, gcmaf.eu for all research on this

if gcmaf fails tenofovir 1-2years and then peg add on is the best therapy

also have hbsag quantity tested as soon as possible so it is possible to know if your immune system is totally tollerant or if you are actually responding to the infection at a minimum level, if hbsag is 1000-1500iu/ml peginterferon can be used immediately to clear hbv if higher peg monotherapy has very little chances to clear