Hepatitis B Community
Grade my Hopes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Grade my Hopes

HbSantigen +ve on feb 5 2013...I have had 3
binge as per alcohol plus other social drinking since then...the last
about 2 days ago wen I had blackout for the first
time in this my youthful years , then I started worrying, searching the net, found this place...started drinking
in 2011..so not a long journey in alcoholism, but nw with
hepatitis b ..??query acute, depending on after
my 6 months watchful waiting....I'm
bothered..want to know my chances from well
meaning fellow human beings....thanks in
advance.
Hi there,
HBs antigen is part of the virus. This antigen appear in the blood usually six to twelve weeks after infection. Since your test is positive you have hepatitis B. You will need additional tests to determine whether your infection is new or old, whether it is harmful or not and if you need treatment. In people who have been vaccinated against hepatitis B and have naturally cleared the virus anti HB s which are antibodies to hepatitis B will be present. You will need tests for hepatitis B surface antibody and hepatitis B core antibody. All three test results are needed in order to make a clear diagnosis. Consult an experienced doctor for opinion. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank