Hepatitis B Community
HBS ab = 4 & hbv dna pcr real time = 125 ui

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi all, please I have some questions rearding my state.  ( i am asymptomatic carrier no alt at all no liver damage )

1 ; last tests indicates HBS ab has gone from 3 to 4 UI and my doctor says could be a sign of seroconversion, whot u think about it??

2; The fact that I am HBE ab = + means I seroconverted from agHBE?? or I could be infected initially by a mutant??

3, My doctor in France told me I can not be trated as my alt is not elevated and no liver damage.... is that right??

THanks to help me to understand my situation.  Have nice day.
1) the presence of hbsab is deffinately a good sign. You may well be on the way to seroconversion of sag. To see the progress of your seroconversion you should test hbsag quantity from time to time and hbv dna should be und.
2) if you have hbeab then you used to have hbeag. So you have developed antibodies that is not possible without a corresponding antigene. So no mutant infection.
3) your doctor is probably right there is no medicine that can make any better for you (i presume your dna is very low or null)
You may try investigate about vaccination. There were publications that vaccine can boost seroconversion.

I hope it answers your questions.
Thanks a lot for the replay.  That helps me indeed.

In addition to that I have other remarks to make.  

for the first time in my life I have levels above normal for the "acid uric" (- I dont know if that's the word in english ) and I am have alergic (allergic) problems which I never had.  Is that due to VHB ??  is inmune system being deteriorating by vhb??  

Thanks if anyone know about relationship between uric acid and Hep b. I have heard that arthritis might be developed by some Hbv'ers but not sure about it.   Bye.
Google uric acid hbv. There are some researches showing connection between them.

As for the allergy it comes and goes no one knows why.

I had some strange allergy for a few years. I swim quite heavily in the pool. And exactly  12 hours after swimming iI had running nose and for 2-3 hrs  every time. It has gone as suddenly as it came. It has gone when I stopped alcohol. Maybe this was the reason.