Hepatitis B Community
HBSAG - Status

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBSAG - Status

My HBV DNA quantitative PCR method is 3286 iu/ml or 19326 copeis/ml  and Elastrography of liver ARFI value is ranging from 0.67 - 1.23 mtr/sec.
Doctor has advised me to take baraclade .5mg for next months and i am feeling acute pain in abdomin (abdomen).

I am confused and not sure what to do..rather blindly take doctor advise on medication.

Please advise me status ..is my viral load is dangrous and should i have take the medicine..
yeah vomitting i also experienced that specially in the morning after taking a bath or after eating a meal and sometimes feeling discomfort in my right upper part abdomen, when  i got my pre-med employment thats when i realized im dealing with this virus., best way is to see a doctor .,take care
Most of us are not familiar with ARFI to determine stages of fibrosis, so what does 0.67-1.23 mtr/sec correlate to in terms of stages of fibrosis?

Whether you need treatment depends on your liver functions test (especially ALT), hbvdna, HBeAg status, fibrosis stage, history of infection, family history of HCC etc. Acute pain in the stomach is generally not associated with Hepatitis B .
My ALT is 48 normal range upto 40. HBV DNA is 3286 Iu/ML and HBEAG is negative. ARFI/Fibrosis is F1.. history of infection I was not born with HBSAG probably got it in my 20'ts (age) and non of family had any liver HCC...
Thanks for the information. The question is: do you need treatment? Here, there are two different advices:
AASLD (American Association for the study of liver disease) recommends treatment for HBeAg negative patietns if:
hbvdna > 20,000 iu/ml and ALT > 2 ULN.
So according to this guideline, you do not need treatment. They recommend, in your case: Follow ALT and hbvdna. If persistent, consider biopsy and treat if moderate or severe inflammation or significant fibrosis. You don't have significant fibrosis and I don't think ARFI will tell you your grade of inflammation.
On the other hand, EASL (European Assosiation for the study of liver) recommends treatment if hbvdna > 2,000 iu/ml and ALT > 1 x ULN.

Personally, I would wait and retest in a few months time. Talk to your doctor.
I have sevear discomfort in Liver area and also acute pain in upper abdoime. Raw salt taste in mouth...i am confused with the way things are going in my life...
and also vomting sensation...althrough the day..
Sorry, I am not a doctor. The only thing I can think of is gall bladder problem? Best to see a doctor. The symptoms that you reported do not seem to be related to Hepatitis B.

Did any one wrote a mail to Relicor which is making cinical trials on HBV (HBSAG Clearance) and have they responded on when they can make their anti-viral REP 9AC ready to treat-ment.

I am praying god every minute of life to help us and provide a better life.

Please let me know if any has ever received any communication from Relicor and do they have any trials in india ?

Replicor replies that should be available in 3-4 years.
Pain in the abdomen, cld also be some immune activity, trying to react to clear infected cells
Pain in the abdomen, cld also be some immune activity, trying to react to clear infected cells .

Do you mean its good..it will help and clear HDV from infected Cells ??/

Doc prescribed to Baraclude Entv.5mg and i am takeing it from past 10 days...pain reduced however slight burning sensation and discomfort still presist..

its 2 weeks now i have started Baraclude .5mg and the pain in my liver part is not reduced and moreover i am totally depressed and unable to eat food..always out of mood and feeling like left alone in the world.

I am totally worried and i am getting actue flare from my liver part...unable to change mood..

Please advise what should i do to live normally along with this symptoms..

I started with Hbeag negative and undectable VL in 2006 but suddendly VL become 3286iu/ml in 2012. Does this mean i have mutant HEBAG? do to which VL is replicating ? Please advise
.I started with Hbeag negative and undectable VL in 2006 but suddendly VL become 3286iu/ml in 2012. Does this mean i have mutant HEBAG? do to which VL is replicating ? Please advise
.
Moreover I have completed 3 weeks of Baraclude .5mg daily once and now some I can see relieft in my abdominal pain and no flares. Is it possible with 3 months of regularly having Tab Baraclude we can see a good improvement and chance of clearing HBSAG to negative..
I searched the web to find the latest on REP 9AC' which is a hope of good life for all of HEP carriers and here the info..

"Company  REPLICor  
Tags  Trial Results, Phase II, Systemic Anti-Infectives  
Date  September 25, 2012  
Montreal, Quebec – Tuesday , September 25, 2012 – REPLICor is currently undertaking a proof of concept trial in patients with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) undergoing treatment with its nucleic acid polymer (NAP)  REP 9AC’ in combination with Zadaxin™ or Pegasys™. The hepatitis B surface antigen protein (HBsAg) is produced in large excess by the HBV infection as subviral particles (SVPs) which act to block the immune response to HBV infection. NAPs act to block the release of SVPs from infected hepatocytes, providing an effective method for clearing HBsAg from the blood. The elimination of HBsAg in the blood of HBV-infected patients is well known to be the best indicator of a curative response to treatment.

Interim results from REPLICor’s proof of concept trial were disclosed today at the 2012 held at the University of Oxford Christ Church and Examination Schools, Oxford, England. Patients who had cleared HBsAg from their blood with REP 9AC’ monotherapy were subjected to combination treatment with REP 9AC’ and either Pegasys™ or Zadaxin™.

Profound increases in anti-HBV antibodies or immune function were observed in all patients with as few as 6-10 weeks of combination treatment. Many patients have achieved HBV antibody levels seen in healthy patients after vaccination with a total of 12 weeks of combination treatment. All patients who have achieved this therapeutic vaccine-like response have been removed from treatment and continue to control their viral infections off treatment. The remainder of patients are expected to achieve full immunological control of their infection in the coming weeks.  REPLICor expects that the profound reactivation of a therapeutically effective immune response with short term  Zadaxin™ or Pegasys™ treatment given in combination with its HBsAg release inhibitor REP 9AC’ can achieve durable immunological in most patients, regardless of viral genotype or state of their HBV infection"

Please let me know if any one has any latest information then this one...I am praying god every min of the day to help all of us...to comeout of this truma..
source link:

http://www.evaluatepharma.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Search&query=REP 9AC#
Regards

yo have nothing with your liver f1 is perfect liver so baraclude is not indicated, i d use fibroscan instead of ARFI, too new and no statistic yet

get hbsag quantification in iu/ml and hbeag and hbeab tests, with these tests results you may try to clear hbsag definitely by 3 years on tenofovir and then interferon add on

taking entecavir (baraclude) only will not clear hbsag and will just empty your pockets of money.these antivirals alone have no effect on hbv virus, they can only lower hbv replication to lower or reverse liver damage but sine your liver is ok i see no reason to use it

also take genotype test and check if you have family history of liver cancer

thank you stef...makes me feel happy with you post..i will check with my doc on change to tenofovir
I will take the adivsed test in Jan'2013 and update the details..thank you
Is any one using Entaliv (DRL) instead of Baraclude since the cost of the medicine is cheap compared to Baraclude ?? both belongs to Entecavir.

"Entecavir INN (/ɛnˈtɛkəvɪər/), abbreviated ETV, is an oral antiviral drug used in the treatment of hepatitis B infection. It is marketed under the trade names Baraclude (BMS) and Entaliv (DRL)."

Please let me know why are Doctors not promoting Entaliv instead of Baraclude??

I have tested for HBSAG quantitative and the results are 10025 iu/ml. I am worried now since i feel its at a higher side.

Please advise me medication
HBSAG +
HBEAG : Negative
HBEAB : Postive
ALT : 48 ( Range 15 - 40 )
HBV DNA : 3286 iu/ml
HBSAG Quantitative : 10025 iu/ml cutt off . >0.05 iu/ml
Aslo, I am having sever discomfort/ acute burning sensation or pain (confused to discribe my position) in under upper abdomin (abdomen) right side...excatly where my liveris situated.
Fibroscan / ARFI  : F1 or ARFI range .67 to 1.23 m/s

Doctor advised me to take Baraclude on Nov 25 2012 and i have started from the same date.

Please advise what is the best medication for me and  how can i live better.
It is difficult to say whether you have developed HBeAg negative chronic Hepatitis B. Normally, one would like to see whether the rise in hbvdna was persistent. However, since you have started Entecavir, your hbdna should level drop and so would your ALT. At the moment, it seems you would have to take Entecavir for at least several years. The rule to determine when to stop taking Entecavir is not well defined yet. Some research seems to indicate it can be guided by the level of HBsAg. The chance of seroconverting your HBsAg is very very small.

As for your pain, hope you are getting better. Some patients complain of a dull pain, but very few complain of an acute pain.

Thank you stephen. Also, I would like to take stef opinon on the same..whether I can start interferon + ent/tenofovir

Please advise me medication
HBSAG +
HBEAG : Negative
HBEAB : Postive
ALT : 48 ( Range 15 - 40 )
HBV DNA : 3286 iu/ml

Please advise what is the best medication for me and  how can i live better

i think it is ok to take entecavir for at least 3 years and after this period you can consider intf add on or myrcludex if available then

i dont think it is of any use to start intf+entecavir all at once you need hbvdna und and hbsag to decrease for intf to work for sure
I am unable to understand after taking baraclude.5 mg for 6 weeks.. the pain is not reduced i am getting severe pain some time upper quardent of abdomein ribcage. some time under abdomein. few times in left side chest...i wounder with such low level of Viral Load 3288 iu/ml ALT slightly higer 48 why i am getting such high pain
I some time fell its not my liver is causing their might be somethings else but my gall bladder, kidneys report are normal.
Please tell me is this pain is because of Heb B or due to anyother reason.
what test do i need get  done which tells its only because of Heb B or its due to others ?
pain is not due to hbv, liver has no nerves so no pain can come from the liver
all other test are normal..i am confused and worried..doctor tell me symptoms will come down slowly and continue entecavir for 3 months..once your HBV is down to undectable range your will not get pain.
Did any one tried with GP institute (hospital) Hyderabad medicine..I called their number and spoke to them. and they claim there medicine can effectly clear HBSAG + to Hbsag -?

Any suggestions on GP institute ? do they have reliable medicine.
Do h.pylori test. I am 70% sure u have H. pylori that is why u have having this pain in ur left side rib. I have the same and it's very subbone to treat. The thing will not go away
Today i got my LFT test done to check ALT after 6 weeks use of baraclude.

ALT is 22 and it is within limits.

is this good sign ?

ALT is 22 and it is within limits.

is this good sign ?

.

it is a good sign but with low/normal alt hbsag usually will not decrease or decrease extremly slow by decades, add on of intf in the future might work lowering hbsag if entecavir doesn t work on it
thank you stef2011..

I have 2 more question
if ALT is within limits does that me our liver damage is little or no damage ?

Do the doctor's usually recommand adding intf in the future after taking entecavir for certain period of time and if the HBV Load is in undectable range?

Do the doctor's usually recommand adding intf in the future after taking entecavir for certain period of time and if the HBV Load is in undectable range? .

I am getting pain in joint of liver and chest from past 2 days....the pain is sever...i am totally confused and worried...any reason for the pain..

I am getting pain in joint of liver and chest from past 2 days....the pain is sever...i am totally confused and worried...any reason for the pain

i have read alinia decreases hbsag levels since in my case i have HBV DNA low 3286 iu/ml and ALT noraml and hbsag quantitative 10025 iu/ml. will there be any changes of getting hbsag quantitative to lower levels by taking alinia along with entecavir - baraclude .5mg daily...

I have been taking only baraclude .5mg from past 3 months.
Its been 3s month ETV now for me...my ALT has decreased to 22 iu/ml from 48 iu/ml
But i am still getting pain/discomfort from liver..donno how to discribe the discomfort.
since i am HBEAG -negative will i get crirrosis sooner than HBEAG postive ppl.

previously my records are HBV DNA 3286 iu/ml HBSAG quantitative
10025 iu/ml..Fatty liver and normal stiffness of liver..

Please adivse by taking ETV will my health condition can be bettered..i am always getting worried and tensed

cirrhosis is not directly made by hbv and only few develop cirrhosis....if you take entecavir and live a healthy life you wont develop cirrhosis

if you dont live a healthy life you may develop cirrhosis indipendently from hbv and even if you take all antivirals.the healthy life style/diet is the base to be healthy and then antivirals ensure you ll never have but anyway just making firboscans you ll see where your liver damage is
I have checked my ALT its back to 45iu/ml and gave blood for HBV DNA after 4 months of ETV. However, Pain in my liver part and burning sensation in my liver part is increased from past one week...

I am unable to understand my situation as most PPL report high levels of HBV and ALT and do not have any pain but in my case my VL 3286 iu/ml (Nov'2012) and ALT 45 iu/ml (little increase from normal range). ARFI range .67 to 1.23 (barely F1 fibroscan).

I some time get doubt that ETV has increased the Pain/ discomfort in my liver..do we get any such side effects ETV.5mg

The pain so, huge I am totally getting collapsed and getting breathing problem...

Please let me if any other test will let me know whether the pain is due to Hep B or due to any other reason ?
the pain in the liver has nothing to do with antivirals or hbv and has no meaning as to damage or infection, even if you were to clear hbv totally it d make no difference

have a healthy life, get slim and low weight and it will go away, a very low bmi like 21-22 can solve that, the pain is just pressure of organs in that area and is not in the liver but in organs around it
thank you steff..
i got my HBV DNA numbers < 20 iu/ml undectable after 4 months of ETV...and for the pain doctor prescribed Rabeprazole sodium. After taking it for 3 days the pain is totally disappeared.. I am normal

doctor advised me to continue ETV of next 3 months and then review.
want to check with you can HBSAG lowered by ETV for 6 months. I know it will not clear HBSAG but when started treatment by HBSAG Quantitative is 10025 iu/ml and after 6 months will their be any chance of getting HBSAG lowering than 10025 iu/ml..so, gradually once it comes down > 1500 iu/ml I can go for Interferon treatment along with ETV.

Please let me know

.
Kanchi may i know from how many days you are having the hep b what is your genotype and when your doctor started medicine.

i am having the hep b from last 3 year i am 35 yrs old from hyderabad and i am hbeag-ve and alt are 38 ast 35. my doctor have not recomanded any medicine
hbv is not a matter of 6months whatever antiviral or immune modulator you take it is a matter of decades...antivirals are for life since they are ineffective for hbv clearance

you can take entecavir for 5-6 years and then if hbsag has lowered around 1500iu/ml you can add pegintf with this combo starting from hbsag 1500iu/ml clerance is 50% at 48weeks
I have completed 6 months ETV.. Below are my new results

HBV DNA > 20iu/ml undectable range
ALT : 36 iu/ml
HBEAG negative (started treatment with HBEAG negative)

My problem is discomfort in liver has not come down and i have fatty inflammation of liver.

Due presisent pain from liver surroendings and burning sensation..it is making me feel that i will develop cirrhosis soon..

is their any possibility of getting cirrhosis though i maintain good diet and HBV DNA undectable..please advise ?

.

if you dont resolve fatty liver it is useless to have hbvdna und.fatty liver can make more damage than hbv and it is also a sign of all organs/body inflammation so many other disease may show up with time like diabetes, cancer, cirrhosis and so many others

you need to stop using junk food, processed foods and chemicals n food and use only organic raw foods

to resolve fatty liver fast you may use:
fish oil with epa/dha at least 2,5-3g daily
natural mix of vit E, 800 to 1200iu daily
vit d3 5000iu daily or more according to deficency, target is about 60-80ng/ml

as regards the hbv infection you need to follow your hbsag quantity although etv is too weak to have an effect on hbsag
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/update-on-my-fatty-liver/show/1500346

if you are able to copy all supplements and diet i had you may resolve fatty liver in a few months like i did and other members did

what is the chances of getting cancer even we suppress the Virus by ETV to undectable ?

I am totally worried that i may develop cancer without cirrhosis.
Hi Stef/stephen,

I have completed 1 Year of ETV .5mg daily. Please let me know what all the test is need to ensure the virus is in controll

hbvdna undetectable and hbsag less than 1000iu/ml (not sure about asian genotypes B and C).this is the best status for inactive hbv, lowest cancer risk and peginterferon add on to clear hbsag