Hepatitis B Community
HBSAG qualitative 260 reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBSAG qualitative 260 reactive

i received my HBSAG qualitative  260 reactive,what is it meanis this dangerous figure?

it means nothing because it is an obsolete test not quantitative, the number 260 has no meaning, as you can clearly see it has no unit too.this test has also  very high percentage of false negative because it cannot detect hbsag mutants

retest with abbott architect or roches elycsys which are quantitative and can detect mutants, the unit is iu/ml
sorry it is 602iu/ml quantitative and three year ago it wsa only .5 iu/ml is this dangerous figure is my disease  turning toward chronic

if hbsag is 260iu/ml you better start alinia+interferon you may clear hbsag very very fast

of course it is cronic (chronic) but you are slowly clearing hbv, making intf will fasten the hbv clearance
my hbv dna level via pcr is 604 iu/ml . is their any vaccine by using which i can make my dna level in negative range?