Hepatitis B Community
HBSAG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBSAG

I have test HBSAG+ recently and HBEAG Negaitive and HBV DNA Negitive. I dont understand what should i do to get my HBSAG to negitive. Please let me know what kind of treatment i should proceed further and lead a healthy life.
My Liver function test is very normal :
Below are my Liver test :
Total Biliubin 0.6 Mg/dl
Direct Biliubin .1 mg/dl
Indirect Biliubin .5 mg/dl
S.g.p.t/ ALT  28 U/L
S.g.ot/AST  33  U/L
Alkaline Phosphates 114  IU/L
T Proteins 7.2 gms/dl
Albumin 4.0 gms/dl
Globulin  3.2 gms/dl
A/g Ration  1.2

Please advise if any further test needs to be done and doctor said that i am inactive carrier and i will clear HBSAG over a period of time as per my immune system and no medicines require at the moment.
Your doctor is right.
Please let me know if i need to taken any medicines to get my HBSAG - and what precautions should we need to take for family members. how i will be able to clear - let me know the immune process please ? what diet should i take which will help in getting my HBSAG-..please advise
if i need to taken any medicines to get my HBSAG -

--No medicine now, as per your doc.  

what precautions should we need to take for family members

--Avoid blood

let me know the immune process please ?

--Non for HBVers.

what diet should i take which will help in getting my HBSAG-..

--Too big a question.
will i beclome active carrier and does it effect my Liver in longterm..i am worried a lot as where will i end. is their any possibility of increase in my HBV DNA ?

I will take new HBV DNA in some days and post the result.

Please let me know if possibility becoming HBEAG+  and increase HBV DNA raise in inactive carriers.
What is your question?
I mean write now i am inactive carrier..
1.what are the sideeffects of being inactive carrier. Doctor said that i my get liver related diseased in longterm.
2.what are the possibility of becoming seriously ill?
3.can HBSAG+ ever become negitive has my HBeag and HBV DNA is negitive. Please sugguest.
4. I am in a confused state as i dont have any problems right now but how will be my future and how long i live ?
5. can i marry
6.will i lead a good life ?
1.what are the sideeffects of being inactive carrier.

--None.

--Low.

--1% chance.

--Depends on how you take care of yourself.

5. can i marry

--Sure, with knowledge about HBV.

6.will i lead a good life ?

--Think so.
also, please let me know the chances of becoming HBeag positive..? if so, what will be the reason..i never drink alchool.
You started out with HBeAg+, when turning -, it usually stays so.
hi cajim..
being a inactive carrier do we get any lung infection or lung diseased. i have a strange feel in my lungs and ofter dry cough ? and light shoulder pain. please advise
Does HB Virus effects our lungs
being a inactive carrier do we get any lung infection or lung diseased

--No.

Does HB Virus effects our lungs

--No.
i have a strange feeling beneath my lungs and ofter i am getting wet cough..being an inactive carrier are these common
are these common

--No.
My HBSAG+ count 5290 Method Eclia ?

Is the Viral laod is more..HBVDNA is (und) and SGPT is slightly high 49 Range 30 - 45 ul/m.

Please let me know the status
t
My HBSAG+ count 5290 Method Eclia ?

Please let me know the status
My HBSAG+ count 5290 Method Eclia ?
this means hbsag positive, no count, no hbsag quantity.quantitative is abbott architect not eclia.eclia is a very old method which shouldn t be used anymore because it can t detect hbsag mutants and cannot make hbsag quantitative, so eclia is useless for infected patients

HBVDNA is (und)
this is good, it means low replication and low liver damage but has nothing to do with the infection, the infection goes on but at least it doesn t make damage to the liver.
what is the sensibility of this test?does it detect lower than 20iu/ml?the best low range of detectability is 6-12iu/ml

SGPT is slightly high 49 Range 30 - 45 ul/m.
this can be due to unhealthy diet, life style (no gym, sedentary life style), fatty liver disease.but if hbvdna test sensibility is not 6-12iu/ml it can also be the virus making alt higher, usually when hbvdna gets closer to 0iu/ml alt gets to normal range which is below 30 for men and below 19 for women (the labs have old normal ranges which are not valid anymore)

Thanks Stefano,

I am 30 years now and have no symptoms and any discomfort..but often get severe cold and recover with 3 -  4 hours is this something to do with HBSAG+. i god my HBV DNA & HBEAG check couple of years ago  and both came to Negative and Dr. said that i am seroconvert and need not worry regarding the HBSAG+.

After which i was only checking my LFT regularly and no day it did not give abnormal results. please what checks should i do regualy
Dr. said that i am seroconvert and need not worry regarding the HBSAG+.

change doctor, to ignorant, you just have cronic (chronic) hbv like most but as long as hbvdna is und you have no liver damage.you have to monitor because it can change anytime or stay like that all your life

hbv and cronic (chronic) hepatitis have no synthoms, the colds are not due to it.check your vit d level usually vit d 50-60ng/ml has less colds but that's just due to cold viruses not hbv
Do  any one got a Job rejection in  india for being an inactive carrier ?

Please answer
I got my LFT test done today and my SGPT is 48 slight increase the normal reference of 17 - 38. can you tell what this signifies. should i need to take any test.
Hi..

I got my LFT done in July'2011 & Sept 2011.

Every thing is normal in July except SGPT is 48 the normal range S.g.p.t   upto 37 U/L

Sept'2011 LFT Results

sgpt 48 iu/l normal range 10 - 40 iu/l

Alkaline phosphatase 318iu/l normal range 108 - 306 iu/l

Also, i gave HBV DNA quantification & USG Abdomen scan.

DNA test result will be given in 10 days.

USG Abdomen results :

Liver : normal in size and contour. Parenchymal echotexture is increased. No IHBD. CBD is normal. Portal vein is normal.
Ultersound findinds are :
Fatty infiltration of liver, No focal lesion.

Please advise on my report status...is their any indication of viral replicaion and also, let me know if i need to check for any additional blood test/lab test.

Please provide your inputs on my post at the earliest.
Hi..

Sept'2011 LFT Results

sgpt 48 iu/l normal range 10 - 40 iu/l

USG Abdomen results :

Ultersound findinds are :

US is totally useless it cannot see any liver damage, it can see only 2 things regarding hbv so it is extremely poor test:

it can see liver damage when it s too late and it can t be regressed...advanced cirrhosis

it can see cancer

there are many countries in the world, united states the first that just steal money making believe that US is necessary to see liver damage

to know where you are a fibroscan is needed (or biopsy if your country is not updated and doesn t have fibroscans)

the second test is hbsag quantity in iu/ml

all the tests you have done are useless, the main tests are hbsag quant and firboscan, all the rest is secondary
Hi Stef

Today i got my HBV DNA Quantitative report

Method : Quantitative Real Time PCR : HBV DNA
Result : Sample for HBV DNA is showing 14 iu/ml = 81 copies/ml
Exponential value - 81.E+01
log value - 1.91

can you please tell me what is the out come of this report.
14 iu/ ml ?
Exponential value - 8.1E+01 ?
Log Value ?

Can i be considered as inactive carrier as my HBEAG is negative ?
Do i have higher volume of virus or undectable value ?
should i need more test to understand further on my HBSAG+ / Liver damage status

My sgpt  is 48 iu/l normal range 10 - 40 iu/l. I am worried that my SGPT is increased compared to normal range.

if my HBV DNA is low will their be any possibility of getting my HBSAG as negative by taking Alinia® (nitazoxanide) Tablets  reguarly.

Please advise what are additional test i should take in order to get complete information about my infection status and posibility medicial treatments.

hbvdna means nothing in terms of hbv infection and clearance, it just says it is low replication and liver damage should be very low or none

on antivirals it means antivirals are doing their job

to know if infection is clearing you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml, not hbvdna

no hbeag means nothing and hbeag negative is even worst in terms of response to therapies.
to be inactive carrier you need hbsag<500iu/ml on genotype A-D and about 200-300 on genotype B-C

this has no meaning, the virus is integrated in human dna it keeps replicating even with no virions with the liver cells.
the only thing that means cured is hbsag negative or getting to undetactable

of course, these are more important than hbvdna alone

hbvdna has no meaning, only a low hbsag can predict response and clearance on alinia+interferon

Please suggest what additional test should i need to consider i am an inactive carrier and can be cleared the infection.

if alinia is available a combo of alinia+peginterferon+simvastatin+vitamin d3 is even more potent but response is fast only if hbsag lower than 1500iu/ml, if higher it is best to start with tenofovir monotherapy which will lower hbsag and then add on peginterferon

inactive hbv which can be cleared very fast by peginterferon 48weeks treatment is confirmed by:

genotype a-d
hbsag less than 1500iu/ml and hbvdna less than 2000iu/ml (best if hbsag<500iu/ml)
normal ast/alt (but abnormal ast/alt have faster response to peginterferon)
fibroscan<7kpa

genotype b,c
hbsag less than 100-300iu/ml
hbvdna less 2000iu/ml
fibroscan<7kpa

with hbsag>1500iu/ml and detactable hbvdna it is best to start with tenofovir for 1-3years and start lowering hbsag and then addon peginterferon.this has the highest hbv clearance at 40% first years of combo with 90% response at second year

if you browse the forum you will find links to these studies presented at easl2010-2011 and int'l liver meeting at san francisco 2011
My HBV DNA quantitative PCR method is 3286 iu/ml or 19326 copeis/ml  and Elastrography of liver ARFI value is ranging from 0.67 - 1.23 mtr/sec.
Doctor has advised me to take baraclade .5mg for next months and i am feeling acute pain in abdomin (abdomen).

I am confused and not sure what to do..rather blindly take doctor advise on medication.

Please advise me status ..is my viral load is dangrous and should i have take the medicine..