Hepatitis B Community
HBSAG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBSAG

hi,
i have just received my report of HbsAg....my stats are as follows:
Cotoff rate: 1.00
Patient rate:1941.00
plz. help me that how much the case is serious..........
Thank you........

the test you have done is not hbsag quantification and can only confirm you have hbv infection, you need much more tests to know if cronic (chronic), if making liver damage, if treatment is needed

hbsag quantification in iu/ml, will tell you immune system response, an idea of quantity of virus
hbcab igm, if positive you have acute hbv and will recover.if negative you are cronic (chronic)
hbeag, if positive it is good because you have more chances to clear hbv
hbvdna pcr, virus replication, if undetactable you have no liver damage at the moment test is done.
My test resul for HBV are as follows:

HBsAg = 2889
anti HBeAg = 0.01
ALT = 21 U/L
AST = 19 U/L
HBV by PCR (real time) = 4540 copies HBV / ml

Any advice on how to bring HBsAg value below 1.0 its giving me greeat probs for going abroad and getting job