HBSAG
hello, i would like to ask.. when i was a baby ive been vaccinated for hepatitis B, when i was i think 13 years old my pedia told me to have a booster shot, so i did, when i was in college year 2012 i tested for titer, anti-hbsag and then the result is reactive with 100 mIU/ml, the medical technologist told me that it can last up to 5 years, after a year again i tested for anti-hbsag but the result was nonreactive with only 0.56 mIU/ml but the cut off value is 0.6, so the advice for me is to get a booster shot,

my question is will the booster shot be effective? after i get non reactive with the titer.. will it protect me? i needed protection because i will become intern as a medical technologist less than a month, so i am bothered if the booster will work, please someone do explain to me why i became non reactive so fast, and will my booster shot increase the value of my titer? thank you so much..

or do i need to be vaccinated again?
As a medical technologist, you should be familiar with the concept of immune memory that is responsible for a swift response to a second encounter with a foreign molecule. There is no reason why a booster will not increase your antibody titre.
thank you for enlighten me:)