Hepatitis B Community
HBSAG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBSAG

hello, i would like to ask.. when i was a baby ive been vaccinated for hepatitis B, when i was i think 13 years old my pedia told me to have a booster shot, so i did, when i was in college year 2012 i tested for titer, anti-hbsag and then the result is reactive with 100 mIU/ml, the medical technologist told me that it can last up to 5 years, after a year again i tested for anti-hbsag but the result was nonreactive with only 0.56 mIU/ml but the cut off value is 0.6, so the advice for me is to get a booster shot,

my question is will the booster shot be effective? after i get non reactive with the titer.. will it protect me? i needed protection because i will become intern as a medical technologist less than a month, so i am bothered if the booster will work, please someone do explain to me why i became non reactive so fast, and will my booster shot increase the value of my titer? thank you so much..

or do i need to be vaccinated again?
As a medical technologist, you should be familiar with the concept of immune memory that is responsible for a swift response to a second encounter with a foreign molecule. There is no reason why a booster will not increase your antibody titre.
thank you for enlighten me:)