Hepatitis B Community
HBSag and Anti HBs result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HBSag and Anti HBs result

pls interpret my lab result hbs ag: non reactive: patient's count 0.380 cut off value 0.723
anti-hbs reactive patient's count 2.216 cut off vale 0.739, this was taken last june 23,2012 and i got prick again do i still have to worry? thank you
Blank
A qualitative test of anti-HBs(HBsAb) will only tell you whether you have any anti-bodies, but a quantitative test of anti-HBs will not only tell you whether you have any anti-bodies and also how much ant-bodies you have. A level of HBsAb > 10 iu/L is considered to be protective. If you have a level below that and are in a high risk group of exposure to HBV, then you may consider getting a booster shot of the Hepatitis B vaccine to increase your level of HBsAb
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It seems in June 2012, you had antibodies to the HBsAg, so you should be protected. Next time, try to get a quantitative assay of your anti-HBs, not just a qualitative one.
Blank
So, meaning i should not worry anymore coz im protected? what is quantitative assay?
Blank
A qualitative test of anti-HBs(HBsAb) will only tell you whether you have any anti-bodies, but a quantitative test of anti-HBs will not only tell you whether you have any anti-bodies and also how much ant-bodies you have. A level of HBsAb > 10 iu/L is considered to be protective. If you have a level below that and are in a high risk group of exposure to HBV, then you may consider getting a booster shot of the Hepatitis B vaccine to increase your level of HBsAb
Blank
thank you so much
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979