Hepatitis B Community
HBV - Impacts on the couple

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBV - Impacts on the couple

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to hear some stories from you on how Hep B impacted your couple life. I fee; my boyfriend is afraid and that makes it hard to fight...How do you deal with it. I think many times of telling him, if you are not capable of supporting me, just go away...It is really hard.
Tags: impact, couples, Life, hbv, hard, boyfriend, afraid
1.  Check if he has HBsAB+, if yes, he should have no fear.  He is immune to HBV.

2.  Whether he can support you depends on his understanding and the click between you two.

3.  If you cherish the relationship between you two, do what you can to help him understand.

Best.
Hello

Thanks for your message. Yes he is vaccined and immune to HBV (it has been confirmed).
We love each other very much but his desire of getting children is bigger than anything else (he has put that clear in the begining) and he is very much afraid of my medications requirement (on Tenofovir since few months) like impacts on getting pregnant and my age (37). Everytime I feel he is afraid of knowing any results, visiting the doctor, things like. I feel more courageous and hopeful than he is. Hard to deal with as I feel I should be the one boosting and supporting. I do my very best and explain that we all get sick of something at some point, we want to rely on someone's unconditional support. Anyway, We will visit the doctor next month and I believe I will have a clearer idea on his intentions.

Thanks for the support.
Hope the best for you.

With proper medical care, your children can be born without HBV like him.  Just ask the doctor to explain the facts to him.

Best.