HBV BLOOD TESTS
Dear Dr.
I had 3 blood tests after possible exposure to HBV (low risk protected vaginal sex with unknow status woman)
The tests were:
- HBV DNA by cobas amplicor 4 weeks after possible exposure
- HbSAg 7 weeks after possible exposure
- HbC Total 7 weeks after possible exposure
All (thanks GOD) came back negative
My questions is:
1- Is these mentioned tests considered as a conclusive tests at that times and no more tests needed to be sure that I didn't catch HBV from that possible exposure
2- If any further tests could be required what is it and when is the best time to do

I'll be fairly honest - 6 months is usually the final indicator = in my mind. But I think you have a very low chance of having obtained HCV or HBV from this one time exposure with those results 7 weeks out.

Please check in the Hep B Forum - OK? They are very AWESOME over there!

The forum you currently posted in is Hep C --- which is a completely different (although similar) issue.

Much luck!

Meki
It appears to me your first test checked for Hep b virus.  Is that correct?  If you are neg for virus after 4 weeks and neg for antibody at 7 weeks, I believe you are home free.

Did you know there is a vaccine for hep B?  A series of three shots at 6 week intervals.

Unfortunately, there is not a hep c vaccine at the present time.  And may never be.  HepC is a sneaky little *******.

Were you tested for Hiv?
Thanks for you reply
Yes I tested negative for hiv (thanks GOD) but also don't know till when I have to keep testing to be sure that every thing is OK
In the Us, a neg antibody test before 3 months is not considered definite.  I believe any

neg result after 1 month or more gives a lot of assurance for a neg outcome.

if I were you, i would get a hep b and Hiv test three months after this exposure.  i am very confident you will test out neg.  Then move on with life and don't dwell on this anymore.
I think will check at 3 months, Hope that it will come back neg.
Thanks for your kind reply
I don't believe you have much to worry about.  I am very confident you will be neg at 3 months for both.
Thank you very much
I have read in http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/faqb.htm#b7 that "HBsAg will be detected in an infected person’s blood an average of 4 weeks (range: 1–9 weeks) after exposure to the virus" ..... so is that sounds that if i retested for HbSAg now (after 9 weeks) and as I hope that it will come back negative (with GOD willing) then is that sounds that it will be accurate and final result??!!
You can test now.  I am VERY confident you will be neg.

Make this the BEST thing that ever happened to you.  Remember the worry and anxiety

you endured waiting to hear about a blood test.  Not worth it, is it?

After your test is negative, promise yourself you will put this behind you and move on with life.
I will do, and I'll inform you ... thank you very much